Mon, Oct 21, 10:59 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 17 8:34 am)

Subject: P5/6 conversion to Vue5 Esprit/Infinite

Singular3D ( ) posted Thu, 08 September 2005 at 7:05 AM ยท edited Sat, 03 August 2024 at 9:02 PM

I'd really be interested in the actual status.

When I imported Poser5 *.pz3 to Vue, I heard it is best to have the geometry files in the standard runtime. So I manually moved them from the runtime I installed the character/prop to the default runtime. Now I think about setting up my runtimes again. Is this still necessary/adviced?

When will Vue5 Esprit be able to import Poser6 files? Is there a plan to update this feature or is it already possible to do it today under certain circumstances?

As I understood Vue5 Infinite has better import options for Poser. Can it handle Poser6 already without problems or is it planned in a next step?

Thanks for the information

• Walter

Message edited on: 09/08/2005 07:06

Dale B ( ) posted Thu, 08 September 2005 at 9:08 AM

Walter; The real issue so far as geometries is having an accurate pathname that Vue can read. Poser has a recursive search function, so if it doesn't find the exact item, it seaches and chooses the one closest to the parameters. I have my geometry external to Poser in a separate runtime. I also use Hogwarden's Correct Reference. This combs the chosen runtime and finds all the syntax errors in the file paths, and gives you a list of them. You can either let it correct things (not a good idea), or manually correct them yourself. The less you have in the Poser runtime, the faster it will start up. The =only= things you -need- in that runtime are any python scripts you use, and the morph injection folders like !DAZ that are put in the runtime. Currently, Infinite -will- import P6, but you have to disable the .pmd option in preferences, as Vue doesn't understand external morph data. Any figure that comes with a .pmd file, like Terai Yuki or Miki, will need to be opened when the option is switched off, then resaved back to the library so the morph data is part of the cr2. Aside from that, you should be able to import from P6 as you did from P5. Dynamics won't work, as the SR1 update for Poser changed the .dyn formatting, but e-on has the corrected SDK, and the next official release should have that fixed.

Singular3D ( ) posted Thu, 08 September 2005 at 12:57 PM

Thamks a lot for this information. I'm a bit scared to go to Vue5I because of actual problems, but on the other hand it seems to be better integrated with Poser6 (at least in future) than Vue5 Esprit. Thanks again for the update!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.