Mon, Sep 9, 6:04 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 09 2:22 am)

Subject: Regarding the recent DAZ sale posts here...

R_Hatch ( ) posted Sat, 10 September 2005 at 12:06 AM · edited Sat, 17 August 2024 at 4:47 PM

Might it have anything to do with this: WEEKLY DAZ DISPATCH - Become a DAZ Affiliate ************************************************************** Were pleased to announce that today is the beginning of the DAZ Affiliate program. This is a busy month for DAZ, and its the perfect time to introduce all your friends to the community. Now you can become a member of the DAZ Affiliate program and earn cash by telling everyone you know online about how they, too, can take advantage of the insane deals at DAZ. Youll earn a percentage back on every purchase made by new users you refer to DAZ via your personalized affiliate link. Scroll down to the bottom of your My Account page to learn more about this great new program and how you can earn some more cash just by sharing DAZ with others. Its simple! We invite you to take advantage of this new opportunity. Get your personal link today and put it on your website, in an email or wherever you think it will be the most effective. There is no risk, nothing to buy, and no commitment just a chance to earn money for introducing people to products you love!

Marque ( ) posted Sat, 10 September 2005 at 12:18 AM

Every time Daz has a sale like this folks talk about it, if only to give each other a heads-up that the newest one is there. You don't just tell people when you are an affiliate, you have to put a link on your web page. Sigh.... Marque

Petunia ( ) posted Sat, 10 September 2005 at 12:18 AM

I haven't seen anyone post sales blurbs here about DAZ, with exception of the frenzy stuff and that is just a "get it while it is a buck!" type stuff. Shrugs...

estherau ( ) posted Sat, 10 September 2005 at 3:13 AM

No, you have to get someone to click a link to make money out of daz. this is just news from people who don't stand to profit, and I for one, like hearing about sales. Love esther

MY ONLINE COMIC IS NOW LIVE

I aim to update it about once a month.  Oh, and it's free!

randym77 ( ) posted Sat, 10 September 2005 at 9:05 AM

Um....no. It's common to post about DAZ deals here, and has been for years. And you wouldn't get anything through the affiliate program for posting here, anyway. You only get paid for new customers. I don't imagine there's many people here who haven't heard of DAZ. They are trying to expand their base outside of the current Poser/3D community.

R_Hatch ( ) posted Sat, 10 September 2005 at 12:23 PM

Oi. Nevermind. I'm a bit cranky since I not only currently have no air conditioning (in Texas!), but also the internet was going slow (on broadband!). That doesn't mean I won't still be on the lookout for actual commercial posts in here, but I was obviously wrong on this one :)

Acadia ( ) posted Sat, 10 September 2005 at 4:37 PM

The affiliate program involves a link on your own personal website that has to be clicked, and the person clicking it then must sign up and buy something at Daz. For example, if I become an affiliate, I post a banner at my own website, and anyone going to Daz from that particular banner gets logged at DAZ and I get credits or something. I signed my website up as an affiliate to my web host, as well as to Poser World, and I plan on signing it up for the one at Daz. An affiliate posting links elsewhere doesn't generate them any revenue of any kind. I'm sorry if you are bothered by my posts about sale items. I do it because I like to get a sale, and I know that some who post here don't frequent other poser communities and they might miss out on some good sales for things that they like. I don't do it to generate revenue for anyone. I do it as a simple courtesy from one poser member to another. I know I appreciate when someone lets me know about a good sale going on. Poser is expensive, so sales are important to me and I try to take advantage of them if I can.

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

ratscloset ( ) posted Sat, 10 September 2005 at 6:11 PM

One more note about the program... they must be a New Member, so that pretty much discounts most of the people here!

ratscloset
aka John

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.