Mon, Sep 9, 8:08 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 09 6:38 am)

Subject: Dual monitor question... i need help

shedofjoy ( ) posted Mon, 19 September 2005 at 6:36 AM · edited Tue, 23 July 2024 at 3:37 PM

I have just got my second monitor and want to connect both to my computer, My current card an NVidia GeForce 5900 says i can have dual monitors, but it only has one connector for the analogue on the card (i assume the other is digital and neither of my monitors are digital). Do i need to by another graphics card? if so do i have to by the same one or can i just buy another cheaper Nvidia card? and doesn't the software over-write the existing graphics card drivers? Thankyou anyone who can help on this subject.

Getting old and still making "art" without soiling myself, now that's success.

Khai ( ) posted Mon, 19 September 2005 at 6:41 AM

nope, just pop down to your computer store and get a DVI > Analogue adaptor.. should only be a coupla dollars / quid. plug it in, reboot and your good to go.

kuroyume0161 ( ) posted Mon, 19 September 2005 at 7:44 AM

Almost every boxed NVidia card these days comes with a DVI->Analog adaptor. Have you checked? ;)

C makes it easy to shoot yourself in the foot. C++ makes it harder, but when you do, you blow your whole leg off.

-- Bjarne Stroustrup

Contact Me | Kuroyume's DevelopmentZone

Khai ( ) posted Mon, 19 September 2005 at 7:51 AM

file_291546.jpg

this is what you be looking for Aarrrr....

kuroyume0161 ( ) posted Mon, 19 September 2005 at 9:09 AM

Aye, my matey, that would be the scoundrel. RAmen...

C makes it easy to shoot yourself in the foot. C++ makes it harder, but when you do, you blow your whole leg off.

-- Bjarne Stroustrup

Contact Me | Kuroyume's DevelopmentZone

shedofjoy ( ) posted Mon, 19 September 2005 at 9:55 AM

Yep... i just bought one of those, plugged it in and i was in dual heaven, UNTIL.... My old 19inch iiyama started pouring smoke (not a good sign) so im now looking for someone to repair "old trusty",lol... that's unless their too expensive to repair.. Thankyou everyone. Your help was most appreciated. Pete

kenyarb ( ) posted Mon, 19 September 2005 at 5:52 PM

I'm guessing you set the refresh rate too high, which stressed the older monitor.

shedofjoy ( ) posted Tue, 20 September 2005 at 10:06 AM

sadly i wish the refresh rate would have been the answer but the monitor is 8 years old, so i think it's just an age issue. lol... I have got an engineer looking at it tomorow, hopefully it's just a burning wire...lol...(cause thats what it smells like)

WagnerTheUndead ( ) posted Tue, 20 September 2005 at 6:43 PM

Ok, This is not a cheap solution, however I recommend the Matrox Dual Head or Triple Head video card. I have the G400 Dual Head card and the only problem I ever had is that video feeds would not span screens. However, I can extend my Poser screen across both monitors with no problems. I do plan to get the 3 head card for Christmas :)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.