Tue, Oct 1, 5:42 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 01 3:49 pm)

Subject: Need help - bad bends, focal blur math

bagginsbill ( ) posted Wed, 21 September 2005 at 4:36 PM ยท edited Sat, 17 August 2024 at 11:11 PM

file_291804.jpg

So I finally decided to try to put it all together, lights, props, clothes, textures, hair, displacements, bumps, sss, reflections, everything is in this pic. No more pointless test renders for me!

I made all these props myself and am pretty happy with them. I placed V3 in here and, having already mentally visualized the pose against the scenery, I implemented all the tricky bends. Got a couple freebie clothing items to add the finishing touches. The conforming stockings are having some issues but they were free so - bleh. So much work for such a simple thing.

So look at her thighs and knees, especially her left knee. What a mess. Anybody know of any free morphs to fix these? Otherwise I'm gonna have to go magnet crazy.

Also, I want to use focal blur - that should make her and the sculpture pop more. But this render already takes half an hour so I'm not looking forward to a lot of experimental iterations to do it right. I'm assuming that the primary controls on that are the focus distance and the f-stop on the camera? If not, is there some predictable method to just enter some parameter dials and get what I want? Any advice from someone experienced with the blur?

Renderosity forum reply notifications are wonky. If I read a follow-up in a thread, but I don't myself reply, then notifications no longer happen AT ALL on that thread. So if I seem to be ignoring a question, that's why. (Updated September 23, 2019)

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Wed, 21 September 2005 at 5:01 PM

In P6, you use the focus distance guide to "quickly" configure the depth-of-field settings.

ernyoka1 has a depth-of-field tutorial at her website:
http://trekkiegrrrl.dk/

diolma ( ) posted Wed, 21 September 2005 at 5:59 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

Just to add the "Adult Content" that bagginsbill forgot (so he/she doesn't get eliminated by the PTB... Cheers, Diolma

kirwyn ( ) posted Wed, 21 September 2005 at 6:04 PM

I know you didn't ask for a critique but I thought it might be nice to let you know that I think your picture is quite well done. Your use of compositional items in both colors and objects is quite stunning. Don't get the chance to go to the galleries very often...I have the dreaded dial-up connection. But would definitely like to see this when finished.

bagginsbill ( ) posted Thu, 22 September 2005 at 1:57 PM

Thanks, kirwyn. You made my day. Thanks, diolma, I'll be more careful next time. Thank you Little Dragon - just what I needed.

Renderosity forum reply notifications are wonky. If I read a follow-up in a thread, but I don't myself reply, then notifications no longer happen AT ALL on that thread. So if I seem to be ignoring a question, that's why. (Updated September 23, 2019)

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Thu, 22 September 2005 at 7:00 PM

You're welcome. When adjusting the depth-of-field, I recommend using Poser's area-render tool to do quick tests, rather than rendering the entire scene each time. You can probably disable shadows while testing, also; just remember to re-enable them for the final render.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.