Mon, Oct 21, 11:18 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 21 11:11 pm)

Subject: P6 Woe: can't save prop, prop won't load, Autogroup broke, Drape broke

BastBlack ( ) posted Sun, 25 September 2005 at 9:05 PM · edited Sun, 28 July 2024 at 12:35 PM

I'm new to P6 and hoping someone can help me. I'm having several issues while trying to hand convert a tunic from M2 to Hiro (Xurge's M2 Middle Earth).

1. I tried to save a obj as a prop to the prop library and wouldn't let me. It said the folder I wanted to save to didn't exist. Huh? It's the default P6 runtime. I even tried to save in the tutorial prop library. Bizarre.

2. I tried to add a folder to the prop library inside P6, it wouldn't let me.

3. Restarted and rebooting. Make my new folder outside of P6 (in OSX2) I tried again. I was able to save it to the props. Hooray! Right? No..

4. After I saved it to the library. I deleted the original OBJ and clicked on the new prop, and I got an error that it wasn't the right file type. Huh? P6 made it! How can it be wrong?

5. I imported the Obj, opened up Group edit. Deleted all groups. Welded obj. Made a new group "All" with all clothing parts selected. Hiro is in the scene, no IK, and zeroed. So I click on "AutoGroup" in the groups menu, and.... nothing happens. I know it can be done, because I've already done with the V3 kimono. Grr!

Before anyone suggests I use Wardrobe Wizard, let me say first that I love Wardrobe Wizard, have talked with Kam about this one, and the truth is this clothing item (which has many polygons) does not convert well in WW, thus I need to do it by hand. I thought P6's autogroup feature and the setup room would help me complete this project and save me time. I've already resized it to Hiro.

Another thing I tried, I say someone tried "drape" in the cloth room, and it looked pretty good. I thought I would try to drape the obj I had converted to Hiro just to give it a little more of a realistic fit. I know, it's a crazy idea right to use dynamic cloth features to add "realistic drape and folds" to what will become a conforming clothing item, but it's not so crazy if it works! ;)

I couldn't get the drape thing to work. I have yet to make any dynamic clothing work. Dynamic hair is a headache too.

Help!

Thanks.

bB,
who wants to start converting clothes to Koji too. :D

Message edited on: 09/25/2005 21:10

tastiger ( ) posted Sun, 25 September 2005 at 9:31 PM

Attached Link: Serge Marck's Tutorial

You can't just point and click to make clothing dynamic - it has to be setup to drape. There is a good tutorial on Serge Marck's Site - follow the link above...

The supreme irony of life is that hardly anyone gets out of it alive.
Robert A. Heinlein

11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-11900K @ 3.50GHz   3.50 GHz
64.0 GB (63.9 GB usable)
Geforce RTX 3060 12 GB
Windows 11 Pro

xantor ( ) posted Sun, 25 September 2005 at 10:45 PM

You don`t use autogroup or the setup room to make dynamic clothes. Autogroup makes a group for each bone in a figure and the setup room is for figures and conforming clothing only.

byAnton ( ) posted Mon, 26 September 2005 at 12:35 AM

Bast, I haven't had any of your problems, and I checked on even an unpatched version of Poser6. I assume you have the patch? yes? Itherwise, I would restart or reboot. And see if you still run into the problem.

-Anton, creator of Apollo Maximus
"Conviction without truth is denial; Denial in the face of truth is concealment."

Over 100,000 Downloads....

BastBlack ( ) posted Mon, 26 September 2005 at 1:08 AM

Thanks. I ran some disk ultilities on my hard drive incase that was the problem. I do have SR1. Oops. I guess I should have added bones, then try autogroup. blush I know you don't need groups or bones for dynamic clothes. I'm trying to convert dynamic props into conforming clothes. Also, I want to experiment with draping clothing that was hand converted from one figure to another so that the clothing will sit more realistically on the new figure. Make sense? Thanks for the link, tastiger! bB

xantor ( ) posted Mon, 26 September 2005 at 3:16 AM · edited Mon, 26 September 2005 at 3:17 AM

That was the way I made a rebel jacket for sara at 3dsc (but I made the object), so I do know what you mean.

Message edited on: 09/26/2005 03:17

BastBlack ( ) posted Tue, 27 September 2005 at 12:19 AM

3DSC? What's the link, I want to check out your jacket. :D The good news is, I got things working for both conforming and dynamic. It's going to take awhile to figure out how to get the best results, but my first "drape" turned out pretty good. I'm digging it! My conforming version didn't turn out as good. The WW version poses better. Darn. I'll have to try it again. bB

xantor ( ) posted Tue, 27 September 2005 at 12:57 AM

Attached Link: http://www.jalberts.net/francemi/3dSC/xantor.htm

3dsc is short for 3d sara creations. The jacket is at the link. The object is not so great, it is my first real conforming clothing item, I made a morph to lower the hood using the cloth room, too. I used the hood only as dynamic clothing and then used it as a morph target for the jacket.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.