Mon, Sep 9, 7:00 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 09 6:38 am)

Subject: Making Clothes, an upcoming tutorial

Fugazi1968 ( ) posted Sun, 02 October 2005 at 12:12 PM · edited Mon, 09 September 2024 at 12:16 AM

file_294409.jpg

Hi all, I've been working my fingers off for the last couple of months working on a tute for people with no modelling skills. It shows you how to use the cloth room and some meshes provided to make errr clothes :)

The meshes provided are royalty free so you can use them in products too. I made the meshes so no worries there.

It is intended to be something to get people into working with models and maybe get them to learn a few simple things using mesh modelling programs too. Eventually I hope it will get people confident enough to make their own stuff.

I really just wanted to know if there is any interest in this. The piccy shows a top, skirt and legging thingies you'll be able to make.

Oh and in case you think this might be a shameless plug for a marketplace product, I have decided to release this as freestuff. All I will ask if you are going to use stuff in a product is that you ler me see :)

Let me know what you think

John.

PS not the boots, they are treadz for v3 modified with wardrobe wizzard for Jessi. While the initial product has stuff for Jessi in it, I'll be showing how to modify them for other figures as well as releasing more model specific stuff later, if interest is high enough.

Fugazi (without the aid of a safety net)

https://www.facebook.com/Fugazi3D

Casette ( ) posted Sun, 02 October 2005 at 12:16 PM

Good!

CASETTE
=======
"Poser isn't a SOFTWARE... it's a RELIGION!"

lululee ( ) posted Sun, 02 October 2005 at 12:34 PM

Yowza! I am definitely looking forward to this. What amazing generosity. This is a very cool outfit. Can't wait until you release this. I can tell you have put a lot of time and talent into creating this tutorial. cheerio lululee

EnglishBob ( ) posted Sun, 02 October 2005 at 12:53 PM · edited Sun, 02 October 2005 at 12:54 PM

People fell on my clothing tutorial, and the V3 QuickDress when they were released, so there's definitely a sizeable number who would like to make clothing but have been put off by the (apparent) complexity of it. Yours should be very successful.

Message edited on: 10/02/2005 12:54

pakled ( ) posted Sun, 02 October 2005 at 1:02 PM

no modeling skills? I am so there!..;) I've had limited success..could use all the tips I can get..;)

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

Fugazi1968 ( ) posted Sun, 02 October 2005 at 1:11 PM

file_294410.jpg

thanks all to clarify a bit, the pack will contain

3 skirts, short, mid and long
3 tops
3 pants

and lots of info to show you how to make them your own. Materials Room, UVMapping, Cloth room and some simple poly modelling tips to change the look. I've lost count a bit but it's 50+ pages so far. There is also a bunch of poses and materials I've worked up while making it.

Fugazi1968 ( ) posted Sun, 02 October 2005 at 1:19 PM

I hope it helps Pakled, it is for P5/6 cos u need the cloth room. I'm hoping lots of people have upgrade recently :)

By the end of the tute I hope people will have a good idea of the basics :) Some people will use the pack as is I guess, but I really hope some people will take the ideas on and make their own stuff.

John

Irish ( ) posted Sun, 02 October 2005 at 1:23 PM

Eagerly looking forward to this tutorial! Looks very promising. :)

modus0 ( ) posted Sun, 02 October 2005 at 1:27 PM

I'm definitely interested.

If you're joking that's just cruel, but if you're being sarcastic, that's even worse.

spedler ( ) posted Sun, 02 October 2005 at 1:34 PM

Very much interested!

Steve

Byrdie ( ) posted Sun, 02 October 2005 at 1:57 PM

Me too, my attempts at using the cloth room have been totally traumatic and I'm still recovering. Definitely need all the help I can get -- btw, will this method of yours work to make male outfits? Lord knows Vicky's closet is overflowing, I'd like to do something for the sadly neglected Poser guys.

PabloS ( ) posted Sun, 02 October 2005 at 2:10 PM

I think that'll go over big. I'm definately interested too! :-)

Dave-So ( ) posted Sun, 02 October 2005 at 2:27 PM

yep

Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it.
Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together.
All things connect......Chief Seattle, 1854

momodot ( ) posted Sun, 02 October 2005 at 2:38 PM

This would make me very happy. I want to make stuff but having tried a lot of modeling software I just can't get the hang of any of them :) So to learn modeling or a way to get around it would really make happy.

Richard T ( ) posted Sun, 02 October 2005 at 2:39 PM

Yes!

nakamuram ( ) posted Sun, 02 October 2005 at 3:12 PM

Nice to know the naked truth about clothes!!

Fugazi1968 ( ) posted Sun, 02 October 2005 at 3:14 PM

Ok so do ya want it in bits, alot of it is ready but I don't know how long it will take to finish it off. Or do you want me to wait to get it finished off. The first part will show you how to take the meshes provided and turn them into clothes. What you'll end up with is a prop which can be used in the cloth room, and or a mesh you can turn into conforming clothing. Though I have been pretty bad at doing that myself so you will need to find a helpful tute for that. Dr Geep will almost certainly have one somewhere, n I'm sure there are lots about. If anyone out there knows I'm sure everyone would like to know how to use the setup room to make conforming stuff. John

Dave-So ( ) posted Sun, 02 October 2005 at 3:51 PM

let er rip...do part 1 , 2 ,3 , or 4 whatever it ends up being :) should be plenty to work thru right off anyway

Fugazi1968 ( ) posted Sun, 02 October 2005 at 4:21 PM

Ok it's submitted, just waiting for the freestuff elves to approve it. It's got 5 parts and all but two models. Intro Part 1. Transforming Cloth Primitives to CLothes Part 2. Making a clith prom Part 3. The Materials Room Part 4. UVMapping Part 5. Layering Clothes Appendix 1. Using Dynamic Clothes Once it is up and going, if you have any trouble with it let me know. Thanks. John

diolma ( ) posted Sun, 02 October 2005 at 4:36 PM

Personally, I'm interested in learning the basic thechniques for creating dynamic cloth in a 3D modeller. Once I get to know those techniques (how far away from the figure to create the clothing, what size the polys should be on average, how to orient the polys, stuff like that, keeping the cloth room in mind), then I'll be happy for days (if not years), creating clothing for the cloth room. My only problem is that I cannot afford any of the high-end modelling apps. So far I have Wings (free, latest version), which I don't get on very well with, and AC3D (shareware, cheap) which I do get on with (but get frustrated with). If the Tut. covers this area at all I'd be very interested! Keep up the good work, and I wish you well in your mission:-) Cheers, Diolma

Dave-So ( ) posted Sun, 02 October 2005 at 4:41 PM

Attached Link: http://www.purplus.com

just for info ... there's a website that sells older versions of software, such as Carrara, for a pretty good price. I've purchased from them in the past ... have had excellent luck with them....they even answer your email questions :)

geep ( ) posted Sun, 02 October 2005 at 5:14 PM

Remember ... "With Poser, all things are possible, and poseable!"

cheers,

dr geep ... :o]

edited 10/5/2019

geep ( ) posted Sun, 02 October 2005 at 5:15 PM

Remember ... "With Poser, all things are possible, and poseable!"

cheers,

dr geep ... :o]

edited 10/5/2019

r_rose336 ( ) posted Sun, 02 October 2005 at 5:17 PM

I've no modelling skills and i'm very interested to learn how to make clothes. Thanks :-)

Casette ( ) posted Sun, 02 October 2005 at 5:18 PM

bkmrk

CASETTE
=======

quixote ( ) posted Sun, 02 October 2005 at 6:17 PM

me too...

Un coup de dés jamais n'abolira le hazard
S Mallarmé

Acadia ( ) posted Sun, 02 October 2005 at 6:47 PM

signs up

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

dlfurman ( ) posted Sun, 02 October 2005 at 7:24 PM

Did you REALLY have to ask :)?

"Few are agreeable in conversation, because each thinks more of what he intends to say than that of what others are saying, and listens no more when he himself has a chance to speak." - Francois de la Rochefoucauld

Intel Core i7 920, 24GB RAM, GeForce GTX 1050 4GB video, 6TB HDD space
Poser 12: Inches (Poser(PC) user since 1 and the floppies/manual to prove it!)

Tashar59 ( ) posted Sun, 02 October 2005 at 7:44 PM

Always looking for more tricks.

pakled ( ) posted Sun, 02 October 2005 at 8:39 PM

sigh...brain the size of a planet..and still using Poser 4..;) well, there's always a way..;) thanks anyway...

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

Strangechilde ( ) posted Sun, 02 October 2005 at 8:40 PM

Thank you for this! Fugazi and Geep both-- when one is as confused about this kind of thing as myself, on eneeds all the help one can get. Cheers!

Chas ( ) posted Sun, 02 October 2005 at 8:55 PM

bookmark. (time permitting)

blonderella ( ) posted Sun, 02 October 2005 at 10:10 PM

hell YES, I'm interested!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Say what you mean and mean what you say.

mkmike ( ) posted Sun, 02 October 2005 at 11:41 PM

Thank you so much in advance!!! :)

Fugazi1968 ( ) posted Mon, 03 October 2005 at 1:08 AM

Nice one Dr G, I knew you'd have something helpful somewhere :) Diolma, I think once you have a look at the parts I've posted you'll have a good idea of how it all works. I worked on the technique to make creating clothes a quicker process for myself, I figured that other people would get something out of it too. The basic idea of Cloth Primitives (I really hope that term takes off :) ) is that the initial mesh is really simple n you use the cloth room to give it the right shape, then take it out of Poser into your modeller to add the finishing touches. Though I am finding ways of doing that in Poser too. That's why it's got a bit out of hand and is growing by the moment in scope. Every time I think I'm nearly finished I think of something else to add. Anyway making a cloth primitive for use in the cloth room is relatively simple, as I'm sure you will see. My hope is that the technique will encourage non modellers (like me) to have a go cos the final results are pretty good. The technique is nothing new, lots of high end modellers use it already. I know 3ds max has a plugin that does it, this technique just replaces those (usually expensive pugins for expensive modellers) with the Poser Cloth Room, meaning that you get that functionality for any modelling program. Anyway I could waffle on for ages so I'll stop. Hope it's approved in freestuff soon. John

Fugazi1968 ( ) posted Mon, 03 October 2005 at 1:22 AM

hey just checked and it's there all ready to download :) just check my freestuff. If ya have any problems with it just let me know. John

Casette ( ) posted Mon, 03 October 2005 at 3:57 AM

Thanks !!! :D

CASETTE
=======

ariannah ( ) posted Mon, 03 October 2005 at 12:16 PM

Thanks so much from me as well! :)

I dare you, while there is still time, to have a magnificent obsession. --William Danforth

Tiny ( ) posted Mon, 03 October 2005 at 3:37 PM

Thank you!

Fugazi1968 ( ) posted Mon, 03 October 2005 at 4:06 PM

No problem everyone, I'd be really interested to know how you get on with it. John

leather-guy ( ) posted Tue, 04 October 2005 at 1:05 PM

BkMrrrq

catlin_mc ( ) posted Thu, 06 October 2005 at 7:35 PM

This is fantastic, you, Dr Geep, and EnglishBob, all have tut's out to help us all make clothes. With all this support my modelling skills have got to improve. So thank you all. 8) Catlin

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.