Sat, Oct 5, 6:10 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 5:47 am)

Subject: Free python script posted for making P6 content compatible with older stuff

unzipped ( ) posted Wed, 12 October 2005 at 4:51 PM · edited Thu, 26 September 2024 at 9:21 AM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/freestuff.ez?Form.Contrib=unzipped&Topsectionid=0

I've posted a python script that I created in my free stuff area. It takes Poser 6 content and converts it to a form usable by things expecting pre Poser 6 formatted files. I made it so I could use The Tailor with Jessi and her clothes to adapt them for morphs. You can use the output for anything like that I believe. In a nutshell it will take your original (uncompressed) file, like a .cr2 for example and create a new file (a new .cr2 in this case) which does not have Poser 6 specific entries in it. In the case of Jessi hires it saves you about 696 file edits, for an example. Give it a try and please let me know if you run into troubles or have suggestions for improvements. I hope some of you find it useful - and let me know if you put it to good use, I'd love to see what you use it for to help you in producing your art. Unzipped

unzipped ( ) posted Wed, 12 October 2005 at 4:53 PM

Also if anyone would be kind enough to assist in hosting it I'd love to hear about it - I've lost track of the right places/ways to put things like this. Right now it's sitting on my sad little geocities site, subject to all the bandwidth choking problems that entails. Unzipped

kuroyume0161 ( ) posted Wed, 12 October 2005 at 5:08 PM

What does it do with PMD references? ;) Also, I can host. Can't do websites, but can do file/image referencing for FreeStuff.

C makes it easy to shoot yourself in the foot. C++ makes it harder, but when you do, you blow your whole leg off.

-- Bjarne Stroustrup

Contact Me | Kuroyume's DevelopmentZone

unzipped ( ) posted Wed, 12 October 2005 at 5:25 PM

It cuts PMD references out. This of course means users of the script need to create pmd free files for use with my script. I've included instructions on how to do this in the readme for my script. What would I have to do to work the hosting thing, and how do I switch the links from my current freestuff entry for this? Unzipped

Tashar59 ( ) posted Wed, 12 October 2005 at 6:27 PM

Too late, your bandwidth has run out. LOL.

kuroyume0161 ( ) posted Wed, 12 October 2005 at 6:44 PM

I'd set you up an FTP account for uploading/etc. and you would place the items there. Ways to link would be provided. It's just a matter of changing the current links to the new ones for the your FreeStuff items. You will need some way to do FTP (FTP client) as I donot have a Web front end for this.

C makes it easy to shoot yourself in the foot. C++ makes it harder, but when you do, you blow your whole leg off.

-- Bjarne Stroustrup

unzipped ( ) posted Wed, 12 October 2005 at 7:00 PM

Kuroyme - wouldn't it just be easier for me to email you the files or IM them to you - they're pretty small files. Unzipped

kuroyume0161 ( ) posted Wed, 12 October 2005 at 11:05 PM

How small? :) I could do that and then email you back the links. I'll IM you with my email.

-- Bjarne Stroustrup

xantor ( ) posted Thu, 13 October 2005 at 12:01 AM

Does the file take the centre of mass lines out of the poser 6 file?

unzipped ( ) posted Thu, 13 October 2005 at 12:16 AM

Yes the script takes the center of mass lines, as well as all other P6 related lines (pmd, algorithm, blend, etc.) that cause problems for the tailor. Unzipped

unzipped ( ) posted Thu, 13 October 2005 at 12:20 AM

It's a 6 kb zip file (I can't believe Geocities is squeltching traffic because of it, but apparently it is). Unzipped

unzipped ( ) posted Thu, 13 October 2005 at 2:14 AM

Kuroyume has been kind enough to host this file on his server, so hopefully there will be more access to it. Unfortunately that means we have to wait another day until the new links are approved. I'll post another message when they are. Thanks Kuroyume! Unzipped

ynsaen ( ) posted Thu, 13 October 2005 at 3:44 AM

bm

thou and I, my friend, can, in the most flunkey world, make, each of us, one non-flunkey, one hero, if we like: that will be two heroes to begin with. (Carlyle)

Dave ( ) posted Thu, 13 October 2005 at 7:37 AM

bm

Gareee ( ) posted Thu, 13 October 2005 at 11:59 AM

bm as well..;)

Way too many people take way too many things way too seriously.

unzipped ( ) posted Thu, 13 October 2005 at 1:10 PM

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.