Mon, Sep 9, 6:28 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 09 2:22 am)

Subject: Poser Figure names ?

freyfaxi ( ) posted Sun, 16 October 2005 at 12:38 AM ยท edited Wed, 31 July 2024 at 2:18 AM

I know it's a question thats probably been asked before..but I can't seem to find it. I'm still using p4 (yeah - I know, I'm old fashioned, but I have a less than optimal system for anything newer) and was wondering is there a way to change the way Poser designates it's figures when it loads them ? Instead of "Figure1", "Figure 2", etc..it'd be much easier to have the figures labelled say "M3", "V3", "MilHorse", etc, so one can tell at a glance what figure one is working on ? It's frustrating spending time working on one figure..then accidentally applying the pose for V3 to the Mil Horse :(

Acadia ( ) posted Sun, 16 October 2005 at 12:40 AM

You can rename them once they are in the pose window. If Poser 4 has a parameters dial, in the properties area where it says "Figure 1", type in the name you want. That's what I do in Poser 5.

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

xantor ( ) posted Sun, 16 October 2005 at 1:04 AM

file_297601.JPG

Using a text editor you can search for the word figure till you find the line in the picture, then you change the "Figure 1" part to the name that you want and then resave the cr2.

geep ( ) posted Sun, 16 October 2005 at 2:58 AM

In Poser ... 1. Select the "Body" (from the list) 2. [menu] "Object" >>> "Properties..." or you can use ---> (Ctrl+I) 3. Type the name you want the figure to have 4. Re-save the figure in the Figures Library cheers, dr geep ;=]

Remember ... "With Poser, all things are possible, and poseable!"

cheers,

dr geep ... :o]

edited 10/5/2019

Niles ( ) posted Sun, 16 October 2005 at 3:53 AM

Sure wish DAZ would do this, figure1 is about used up. ;)

freyfaxi ( ) posted Sun, 16 October 2005 at 6:43 AM

grins Many Thanks Folks..I knew you'd come up with the answer in a short time :)

momodot ( ) posted Sun, 16 October 2005 at 10:00 AM

Attached Link: EditPad Lite Link

It is hellish opening a .cr2 in anything but EditPad Lite (freeware) which can open 40Mb files instentaniously and like wise edit them. It also has a fast powerfull search/replace that store search strings. This ic PC or Linux only.

JHoagland ( ) posted Sun, 16 October 2005 at 11:05 AM

Attached Link: http://www.cocs.com/poser/tips.htm

There are two ways to do this: 1) Load the figure into the scene, select the BODY, go to Object > Properties, give it a real name, and re-save it back to the Library. This what Dr Geep said. :) 2) Edit the Poser file (cr2, pp2, etc) and change the "name Figure 1" line to "name RealName". Both of these are full tutorials on my website. P.S. This is actually a deep, dark secret known only to some Poser experts. Please don't let this secret out or else people like DAZ and e-frontier will start using names other than "Figure 1". On the other hand, the recent freebies from e-frontier have been named correctly: the Stegosaurus is actually called "Stegosaurus" instead of "Figure 1". --John

VanishingPoint... Advanced 3D Modeling Solutions

gtrdon ( ) posted Sun, 16 October 2005 at 5:47 PM

I actually like the reference to 'figure1' rather than the name of the character. When you replace characters with another one poser does not change the name so if your not careful you'll find your character with the wrong name and things can get real confusing when you open a pz file that was created along time ago
My solution is to create a prop tag and which is conformed to the figure..Label the tag by using the name field of the prop tag..Make it invisible,small or locate it where it is not noticed..By clicking on the prop you get the title.
V3Betty051016---(V3 Character Betty created 05-10-16)
This name will always stay with this character this way..
You can use the material editor if you want to include descriptive text by using the group material titles.. When you save your created characters with your prop tag you will not only have the name but the ability to put a descriptive info on the character..
gtrdon

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.