Mon, Sep 9, 6:23 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 09 2:22 am)

Subject: Poserstyle

Elsina ( ) posted Mon, 17 October 2005 at 5:48 AM · edited Mon, 29 July 2024 at 8:54 AM

A few months back Poserstyle changed the site and posted a new weekly download (V3 shirt I think it was). A week later there was a post the site was in maintenance and would be back up soon. Now I get a page can not be displayed error. I have the [http://poserstyle3d.com] and the [http://www.poserstyle.com] urls. Nothing on either. Did they move or is it just me who can't access for months now?

My gallery @ Renderosity

Mystic-Nights ( ) posted Mon, 17 October 2005 at 7:07 AM

Attached Link: http://www.poserstyle3d.com/PSC/index.php

It looks like they have never placed most of the site back online, including the store. However, you can get to the Forums and Freebies section here.

Elsina ( ) posted Mon, 17 October 2005 at 8:57 AM

Thanks, but I am still getting a "The page you are looking for is currently unavailable" message there.

My gallery @ Renderosity

mrsparky ( ) posted Mon, 17 October 2005 at 9:08 AM

Freebies pages are working. But the registration system doesn't seem to work. http://www.poserstyle.com/forums.html Not Found The requested URL /forums.html was not found on this server. store link: Sorry, PoserStyle is closed for maintenance. We will re-open soon. Thanks I did consider joining last year until I saw the message ... "Your account activation should under normal circumstances be mailed to you within 3-5 working days." That didn't fill me with confidence and nor did a simple email request for info being ignored for over 2 months. Think I'll stick with poserworld (better value too) until this sorted. Steve has excellent customer services skill as well.

Pinky - you left the lens cap of your mind on again.

rreynolds ( ) posted Mon, 17 October 2005 at 9:36 AM

If you used a Yahoo email address, PoserStyle's responses are being sent to Bulk Mail as spam. I didn't realize that when I joined a couple years ago and it took a while to sort that out because I was waiting for my membership activation. Oher email systems may likewise be classifying them as spam.

artistheat ( ) posted Mon, 17 October 2005 at 12:24 PM

I use to be a member But that site went from Bad to Worse.Didn't rejoin after my subscribtion was up...It was getting from one new item a month to one new item every other month.Don't know why the owner let it go down the drain like that.

Mystic-Nights ( ) posted Mon, 17 October 2005 at 5:22 PM

Attached Link: http://www.poserstyle3d.com/PSC/forum-1.html

You can get to the forums from the links at the top. But the Forums looks pretty much dead. A couple of posts on Oct 2 wondering if the site will ever re-open and the rest of posts back in the March and June timeframe.

XENOPHONZ ( ) posted Mon, 17 October 2005 at 5:34 PM

Poserstyle was a shining example of wasted potential. That site could have been so much. Their products were first-class. But their service always seemed to be in the dumper. Hmmmmm....I've just noticed that I'm referring to Poserstyle in the past tense........

Something To Do At 3:00AM 

bigjobbie ( ) posted Tue, 18 October 2005 at 5:47 AM

I think it was stated in the forums there (by Ratscloset?) that the site owner got very sick - something longrunning and debilitating. The other contributors to the products have since gone elsewhere from what I can tell. The main guy does great pose sets - I use them all the time.

I hope it does come back and get back up to speed.

Cheers

artistheat ( ) posted Tue, 18 October 2005 at 7:32 AM

If he is that sick then he should sell his site to another Modeler who can handle the demands of that site,But I also read some where on the forums there that Rat and the sites webmaster haven't been able to contact him either and if he is up and around he should have had posted something in his front page explaining what happen with his site to his customers that just good practice if you want there trust.But from what I've seen he seems to disappear from time to time and comes back with out any explanation.I personally can't trust my money to a site like that..lol..

bigjobbie ( ) posted Tue, 18 October 2005 at 10:52 AM

oh yeah, you wouldn't want to stick any money in there til you see some kind of re-established track record. The illness issue is tricky though - It could be a depression of some kind for all that's known. Cheers

ratscloset ( ) posted Tue, 18 October 2005 at 5:26 PM

He was all gung ho to start it up again this summer and then nothing. No phonecalls returned, no nothing. I will try the number tonight and see if it is still good. I do believe he would be doing it all alone. I will see what I can discover and post something.

ratscloset
aka John

bigjobbie ( ) posted Tue, 18 October 2005 at 5:53 PM

To lose PS entirely would be a great loss to the Poser community. Maybe it WOULD be better if he merged with an existing store, so he could work at his own pace without worrying about store-management issues - but then again, newcomers wouldn't get that sweet first-year membership deal though! Cheers

ratscloset ( ) posted Tue, 18 October 2005 at 6:08 PM

I got a call into him. Number is still good, not sure if it is still his number! I will be in touch.

ratscloset
aka John

zorares ( ) posted Thu, 02 February 2006 at 1:23 PM
ratscloset ( ) posted Thu, 02 February 2006 at 1:53 PM

At this point I would say yes. I have been unable to get a hold of Will for over 6 months. I leave messages and they are retrieved, but no response. I still try once or twice a month with no success.

ratscloset
aka John

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.