Thu, Sep 19, 9:17 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 3:46 am)

Subject: Cove City Afternoon Trailer....

NolosQuinn ( ) posted Fri, 21 October 2005 at 6:39 PM · edited Sun, 21 July 2024 at 9:29 PM

Attached Link: http://www.ruffmessages.com/Cove City Afternoon Trailer 01.asx

Check it out, let me know what you think. Its a 2 minute trailer. Comments are not only most welcome, they are needed. Its still a work in progress. I hope its not OT, but it is a poser thang, with some bryce thrown in. Its probably best viewed with cable/dsl, but it should work with 56k.

Thanks,
Djinn.

'I'm paying for this movie. I want guns'

quixote ( ) posted Fri, 21 October 2005 at 6:53 PM

Looks like this might be the Citizen Kane of 3d animations with a little Godfather thrown in. The acting ain't bad even if the actors do seem to need a good dentist. Hey! I like realism. Very positive two thumbs here. I just hope that the movie's as good as the trailer... Cheers Q

Un coup de dés jamais n'abolira le hazard
S Mallarmé

Ravyns ( ) posted Fri, 21 October 2005 at 7:46 PM

Very Good Djinn. I'd really like to see the movie..

**************************************************************************************

Life may not be the party we hoped for but while we're here we should dance.

maxxxmodelz ( ) posted Sat, 22 October 2005 at 2:13 AM

Looks good so far. I'm involved in my own movie project right now where I'm wearing the hat of animator, compositor, effects artist, and editor... so I know how much work goes into this stuff! I applaud your effort. Will this be how the final renders will appear, or are these just test renders so far? The only reason I ask is because I see you're not using shadows on your lights (or so it seems), which may detract somewhat from the "depth" of realistic 3D. If your movie was done in a "toon" style, then you could probably get away with it, but since the characters appear realistic, the lack of shadow depth might have an impact on how the final movie is received. Light and shadows often set the mood, and bring out the emotion in a particular scene. Just a thought. :-)

Tools :  3dsmax 2015, Daz Studio 4.6, PoserPro 2012, Blender v2.74

System: Pentium QuadCore i7, under Win 8, GeForce GTX 780 / 2GB GPU.

baraneczek ( ) posted Sat, 22 October 2005 at 8:01 AM

Great work.

svdl ( ) posted Sat, 22 October 2005 at 6:12 PM

Looks pretty good! There is one scene in which a character is standing too still, that doesn't look natural. A tip: ockham has a Python script in freestuff that adds small natural movements to figures. And you might play a little bit more with eye movement. But it's impressive. This must have taken an extraordinary amount of work. Good acting, good action - the lady taking a swing at the guy is wonderfully animated! - I'd love to see the full movie!

The pen is mightier than the sword. But if you literally want to have some impact, use a typewriter

My gallery   My freestuff

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.