Mon, Sep 9, 5:19 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 04 4:56 pm)

Subject: Views in Vue Gallery

Singular3D ( ) posted Sun, 23 October 2005 at 6:37 AM · edited Thu, 05 September 2024 at 2:54 PM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/viewed.ez?galleryid=1073997

Is it just me, or is the Vue Community smaller than the Poser Community. I post in both galleries, but I see a lot more views in the Poser gallery. I ask myself why. There are some great images around with Vue (mostly with Infinite) and I think the overall quality is even better than some of the Poser images.

Also I miss people using Esprit. It seems that most of the images in the gallery are made with Infinite. As this is targeted to professionals, it seems that the hobbyists like me are missing.

Don't want to start a religious war here, just a non-emotional discussion.

At least my last work was done with Esprit...

Elminster_ZK ( ) posted Sun, 23 October 2005 at 7:33 AM

It's true, something posted in the Vue gallery gets less viewings than in the Poser gallery - but face it, Renderosity is kind of geared towards Poser - it even says it in the title: "Renderosity-Gallery, Downloads,... Poser Resources". I wouldn't worry about it. Also, Vue is Vue, in my opinion- I'm sure that many hobbyists use Infinite, just cause it's the program with the most features. I don't think the hobbyists are gone, they are just using the newer software. -Zak

"Walk down the right back alley in Sin City, and you can find anything."

Cheers ( ) posted Sun, 23 October 2005 at 8:44 AM

Something else I have noticed is that generally there seems to be less posts in the forums and submissions in the gallery than there were a couple of years back. Cheers

Twitter: Follow @the3dscene

YouTube Channel

--------------- A life?! Cool!! Where do I download one of those?---------------

Djeser ( ) posted Sun, 23 October 2005 at 9:45 AM

Agreed, Cheers; a lot of the folks from a year or 2 ago seem to have drifted away, but always new faces coming in!

Sgiathalaich

Singular3D ( ) posted Sun, 23 October 2005 at 9:54 AM

I would also work with Infinite, but I don't have the budget yet. Sidegrade is a bit expensive. I would love to use the eco system. Maybe I can get a copy at Christmas. Santa, do you hear me ;-)

Elminster_ZK ( ) posted Sun, 23 October 2005 at 11:46 AM

Ah, I think we all pine for Infinite, with the EcoSystems...Though, the educational edition isn't too bad price-wise...hmmmm... True, there may be less posts and Vue-ers than before, But even I've noticed (in my 11 months here) that the quality of the posts is improving... THere's something to be said for that. -Zak

jc ( ) posted Sun, 23 October 2005 at 12:47 PM

I've only been around a few months, but don't forget that many more Poser than Vue images are the "sex sells" type. Images of women will always get more views than landscapes and such. It's only natural, reproduction being the main interest (after air, water and food maybe) of all animals - including the Human animal. I notice though that those sexy images don't get nearly as many useful comments as the Vue images do. Would love to know how many Vue and Poser users there are.

Elminster_ZK ( ) posted Sun, 23 October 2005 at 1:54 PM

That's exactly it, though - we get less comments, but they are real comments, not just things like: "WHOOOAAA! I LIKE THIS ONE, BRO! V:DDDDD" -which was an actual quote, by the way. I think that if Renderosity were a site that selected which entries to post, like Epilogue or Elfwood, then much of this would disappear - then, of course, it wouldn't be R'osity anymore - excluding people is not our style. _Zak

jc ( ) posted Sun, 23 October 2005 at 4:14 PM

Yes, the less censoring the better in my view. I like to know what people are interested in seeing, even if it differs from my personal point of view. I'd rather a site go adult only, or some such, than censor content. And posted images that are not to my personal taste still often have useful techniques and methods to learn. But, i fear i'm drifting off topic from the first post. I agree that the change to more Vue 5 Infinite is not a shift from hobbyists to pros. I'm a hobbyist (at least not employeed in the CG industry) and use Vue 5i because it offers more creative power.

bruno021 ( ) posted Sun, 23 October 2005 at 4:36 PM

I'm a hobbyist who uses Infinite and just got Poser. Now I'm broke! Even if now own Poser, I don't think I'll be posting in the Poser gallery, I bought it mainly for use within Vue, and I don't need to see yet another pair of oversized boobs, although there's more to the Poser community than this, for sure.

Singular3D ( ) posted Sun, 23 October 2005 at 5:16 PM

You can do great images with Poser, though Firefly misses still some features I'd like to have. I tried my last one in Poser, but had no success. It was so much easier in Vue. What are the boobs in Poser are sometimes the simple landscapes in Vue. Just take a random terrain, put some plants on it, select an atmosphere and hit the render button. I have to admit, these sort of Vue images seem to be gone from the gallery lately. Less contribution, but higher quality.

Elminster_ZK ( ) posted Sun, 23 October 2005 at 6:37 PM

That's true - it's so easy to make a stunning image in Vue - five clicks: "Terrain", "Preset Ecosystem Material", "Ecosystem Populate", "Render Settings", "OK". The thing is, with this being the base for Vue images, people find less extraordinary images to comment on, as the bar has been raised to a higher standard. "excellent" has become the standard rating, with a "great" or "good" meaning something is really wrong (in most cases, that is). Ah well, what can you do? -Zak

bruno021 ( ) posted Mon, 24 October 2005 at 4:15 AM

I'm more a "great" person than "excellent", because of exactly what yiu said Zak, excellent has become the "normal" rating. I keep "excellent" for the best, and I'd like to think that when I get an excellent, it really is because my render deserves it, which is not always the case, imho!

Cheers ( ) posted Mon, 24 October 2005 at 4:55 AM

So often I feel people over complicate an image, when it isn't needed. It's surprising what you can do with just 4 or 5 elements in a scene and then make the composition or POV to tell the story. I have a big issue with many of the nude vicky images...not becuase I'm a prude or anything, but because many have little thought to composition. Hey, but it's everyone to there own...and if the person feels fullfilled with their creation, then who am I to judge. Cheers

Twitter: Follow @the3dscene

YouTube Channel

--------------- A life?! Cool!! Where do I download one of those?---------------

Samhain74 ( ) posted Mon, 24 October 2005 at 5:20 PM

I personally find that it is ALOT easier to get "art" out of Poser than it is out of Vue(any edition) and i use both progs myself.Certainly Poser is easier to learn and more noob friendly IMHO,and besides...sex sells,always has always will.There are people with ZERO artistic ability bringing forth some absolutly astounding Poser images,and i feel it gives them an easier outlet as opposed to Vue,which takes alot more headaches to get something right:D There both wonderful progs,Poser is just a far simpler way into the 3D world.

meselfr ( ) posted Wed, 26 October 2005 at 5:57 AM

I am a hobbiest and I have both VueI and Poser... I do all my renders exclusively in VueI... because I like the render engine better... but if poser content is the focus of the image (regarless of how many hours I spent in vue with light settings) I post it in the Poser gallery... if the primary focus of my image is vue (atmosphere, vegatation, etc.) I post it in the vue gallery.. when I view the galleries I look at all... because art transcends a "medium"... I like a lot of the photography images and 2d/painted ones... :) mes

Dragontales ( ) posted Fri, 28 October 2005 at 2:26 PM

Personally, I hate the way the Renderosity galleries are set up. The way it is now, you can only decide on one gallery in which to put your image. What if you used more than one. I use poser 6, vue infinite, and Photoshop 7 to usually complete an image. I then sit there and try and decide where to post it. I usually go with the application that most of the work was done in, or in which the image mostly shows. I really wish there was a way to just upload...check off the applications used, and the genre. Then viewers could search by application alone, genre, etc.

Samhain74 ( ) posted Fri, 28 October 2005 at 5:18 PM

There is a mixed nedium galery for these uploads Dragontales,but i agree with you.it would be handy to have such options.

Dragontales ( ) posted Fri, 28 October 2005 at 7:43 PM

Yeah, but I think that gallery gets even fewer viewers than the fractal gallery. :)

Singular3D ( ) posted Sat, 29 October 2005 at 5:28 AM

And I get the feeling that a lot of people will check a lot of application, just to show up in a lot of galleries. I also use Poser, Vue, Cinema4D and Photoshop. Normally I choose the application, where I rendered the image.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.