Mon, Sep 9, 6:25 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 09 2:22 am)

Subject: 3D commune

Elsina ( ) posted Sat, 29 October 2005 at 9:00 AM · edited Thu, 25 July 2024 at 10:45 PM

Sinse 3 days about I can't access 3D commune, not with explorer and not with firefox, not from any of the 3 pc's in my house. Did they change servers? Does anybody knows the IP adress?

My gallery @ Renderosity

originalkitten ( ) posted Sat, 29 October 2005 at 9:02 AM

I've just got in ok...using IE

"I didn't lose my mind, it was mine to give away"

randym77 ( ) posted Sat, 29 October 2005 at 9:04 AM

FWIW...it's been working fine for me, and still is.

Elsina ( ) posted Sat, 29 October 2005 at 9:06 AM

I know other people are getting in fine (I asked some friends), but I thought maybe the same thing happened as with Poserpros a while back (people wrote the ip adress in the host-file of windows and than got access). I can surf all other sites fine, just not 3D commune :-(

My gallery @ Renderosity

gillbrooks ( ) posted Sat, 29 October 2005 at 10:21 AM

It could be you have a corrupted cookie. Delete your old 3dcommune cooies from your temp internet files and try loggin in again. You may even need to reboot after deleting your cookies. I'm there all day every day and there aren't any problems getting to the site :) Gill

Gill

Elsina ( ) posted Sat, 29 October 2005 at 11:28 AM

Thanks, cleaned all the cookies and cache, but still no access. Explorer gives me a page can not be displayed error, and Firefox a time out.

My gallery @ Renderosity

Elsina ( ) posted Sat, 29 October 2005 at 11:51 AM

Forgot to add, that also trough the computers of my kids I can't access. My guess is my IPS is being blocked by the (new?) server of 3D commune. Until last week I NEVER had any problems with their site.

My gallery @ Renderosity

ockham ( ) posted Sat, 29 October 2005 at 12:00 PM

I just sent a message to their admins asking them to look at this thread. Maybe they can figure it out.

My python page
My ShareCG freebies

Elsina ( ) posted Sat, 29 October 2005 at 12:13 PM
pakled ( ) posted Sat, 29 October 2005 at 2:34 PM

no problems here..been there the last 3 days, both at home and at work (and work has a proxy server with a top-notch firewall). I consider it a 'off site storage' place for 'rosity, since I see so much of the same piccys there..;)

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

onimusha ( ) posted Sat, 29 October 2005 at 4:13 PM

I've never had a problem getting on with firefox. Searching it and viewing items on it are a different matter however, but I think it's the design of the website and not firefox. I really don't like the design of the website and think they'd be far better off with a system with more traditional links...

Hawkfyr ( ) posted Sat, 29 October 2005 at 6:18 PM

"I really don't like the design of the website and think they'd be far better off with a system with more traditional links... " Yeah,...Then it could be just as slow as the rest of the sites intead of being "BY FAR" the fastest and most efficient site of all of the graphic sites. It was built with speed and efficiency in mind from day one. As far as the problem getting in,it may very well be your ISP is blocking it. Do you use Roadrunner by any chance? Tom

“The fact that no one understands you…Doesn’t make you an artist.”

randym77 ( ) posted Sat, 29 October 2005 at 7:52 PM · edited Sat, 29 October 2005 at 7:54 PM

I hate the design, too. It's a PITA to navigate. And I haven't noticed that it's any faster than the others.

It's not as bad it used to be. Now you can link to products directly, and open more than one preview image at a time. But I really hate those little windows.

Message edited on: 10/29/2005 19:54

cherokee69 ( ) posted Sat, 29 October 2005 at 8:14 PM

I didn't have any problem getting there. Just checked and it's working fine for me. As for the design, it's pretty fast for sure unlike Rosity that when you click a link, it just sits there like it's trying to figure out what to do or, it doesn't do anything at all. Many times at Rosity, I'll get tired of waiting for the site go to a link I clicked and just go somewhere else.

Hawkfyr ( ) posted Sat, 29 October 2005 at 9:02 PM

little windows? I'm not sure I follow. Tom

Acadia ( ) posted Sat, 29 October 2005 at 11:16 PM

By little windows, they mean when you change pages, it makes your browser window miniscule and you have to resize it again each time. I like the site except for that annoying "feature". I wish they would fix that.

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

Elsina ( ) posted Sat, 29 October 2005 at 11:44 PM

I have no problem with the design. I am not running any special programs. I didn't have ANY trouble at all with 3D commune until 3 days ago. I am pretty sure it is an IPS problem.

My gallery @ Renderosity

Hawkfyr ( ) posted Sat, 29 October 2005 at 11:45 PM

I think you can fix it in your Account Options. Go to account options and select: Resize Store Pop-up Select if you want the "more info" pop-up window for a product to resize to the width and height of the image. Yes, resize the window automatically No, Do not resize the window for me. I don't have that problem (I checked No) I'm using IE latest version. I wouldn't know how other browsers handle that. Tom

lmckenzie ( ) posted Sun, 30 October 2005 at 4:25 AM

Try using the IP address http://64.157.13.155/ See if that works.

"Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance." - H. L. Mencken

Elsina ( ) posted Sun, 30 October 2005 at 8:29 AM

No access there either :-(

My gallery @ Renderosity

ExtremeThemes ( ) posted Sun, 30 October 2005 at 11:26 AM

It has to be something with your isp or cache. There is tons of traffic all day long. Have you tried deleting ALL of your temporary internet files also? If your brower is loading from temporary files and the stored one leads to a page not found that could be a problem also.

Dump temp internet files for both browsers and cookies one more time (at least the 3dc one), reboot and see if that helps :-)

Tom you asked about Road Runner? I use Road Runner and I haven't had any problems. Is Road Runner up to more funky games...lol... they better not be :-)

Gail

Elsina ( ) posted Sun, 30 October 2005 at 11:38 AM

Yes, first thing I did was deleting all cookies and cleaning cache, rebooted also. Didn't help. I put the site in trusted site, set accept all cookies..etc.. Nothing helped.

My gallery @ Renderosity

Hawkfyr ( ) posted Sun, 30 October 2005 at 12:08 PM

"Is Road Runner up to more funky games...lol... they better not be :-)" I know there was a problem specific to Road Runner at one time over there but I've not been on staff over at the 3DC for well over a year so it must have been resolved. To Creations: Have you installed any new firewall software or recently upgraded Windows to SP2? SP2 enables Windows internal firewall by default when installed. Tom

Elsina ( ) posted Sun, 30 October 2005 at 12:21 PM

No didn't install anything. No SP2, allthough there was an update last week. Thing is, it ONLY happens with 3D commune.

My gallery @ Renderosity

Elsina ( ) posted Sun, 30 October 2005 at 1:36 PM

Attached Link: http://www.4creatingawebsite.com/cant-access-website.htm

I think it has something to do with the following: The problem: The reason you can't access a specific website if you are using a cable or broadband connection is because your router is set to obtain your IP address automatically. Usually this isn't a big deal, but if your cable company did something funky recently to the way they cache'd the DNS or are working from an old cache, it can result in you not being able to access a certain website. (see url for solution). I tried it, doesn't work either, but I wrote my cable company.

My gallery @ Renderosity

Acadia ( ) posted Sun, 30 October 2005 at 2:49 PM

Which browser are you using? If it's Mozilla-Firefox, try going to options and opening the window to show your saved information (passwords and cookies). I discovered that clicking "clear" doesn't delete them for some reason and that you have to do it manually.

Elsina ( ) posted Sun, 30 October 2005 at 3:28 PM

Did it manually in both my browsers, firefox and explorer. Didn't help.

My gallery @ Renderosity

gillbrooks ( ) posted Sun, 30 October 2005 at 4:42 PM

Do you have an alternative internet connection? Reason I ask is after reading through all these replies - there are 2 of my own websites that I can no longer access on my NTL connection - always used to but for the last couple of months I can't, though I can access them on ftp fortunately. So whenever I want to view any updates I have done I have to use one of my dial up connectons and with using that I can then access those 2 sites. I was thinking if you had a backup dial up connection you could use just to try that ???

Gill

lmckenzie ( ) posted Sun, 30 October 2005 at 10:02 PM

NetZero has or had a free dialup account available. It's only 10 hours a month but good for emergencies.

"Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance." - H. L. Mencken

dutchman ( ) posted Mon, 31 October 2005 at 11:12 AM

Go to your internet settings: click on privacy; down below click edit. Now check the list of addresses to make sure 3DC is not being blocked. If it is being blocked, just type in their web address and click allow.

Elsina ( ) posted Mon, 31 October 2005 at 11:41 AM

That was one of the first things I did. Didn't help either. Today I had long talk with the cable company and I added the IP, DNS servers, default Gateway etc. manually with their help. Didn't help. They will call back in a day as they themselves can't find the reason after everything else failed. Spooky! :-)

My gallery @ Renderosity

Acadia ( ) posted Mon, 31 October 2005 at 11:55 AM · edited Mon, 31 October 2005 at 12:00 PM

Have you tried a trace and pinging to 3D Commune? Perhaps there is a router down between you and them that is causing you the problems.

Start/Programs/Accessories/DOS Prompt At the flashing bar type: For Trace: TRACERT 64.157.13.155 For Ping: PING 64.157.13.155 You can see how many hops it takes you and what the connection speed is.

Message edited on: 10/31/2005 12:00

Elsina ( ) posted Mon, 31 October 2005 at 12:34 PM

This is what I am getting:

Tracing route to wwww.3dcommune.com [64.157.13.155]

1 3ms 1ms <1 ms {my IP adress]
2 30ms 393ms 252ms bzq-.....net [IP adress]
3 * * * request timed out.
4 31ms 30ms 31ms bzq-.....net[IP adress]
5 29ms 26ms 29ms bzq-.....net[IP adress1]
6 460ms 455ms 458ms Frankfurt.de.ALTER.NET[IPadress]
7 430ms 434ms 431ms POS5-......ALTER.NET [.......]
8 416ms 419ms 416ms so-0-......ALTER.NET [...]
9 494ms 496ms 498ms s0-4-....ALTER.NET .....
10 * * * request timed out.
11 * * * request timed out.
12 * * * request timed out.
etc..
till 3o hops.

Pinging 64.157.12.155 with 32 bytes of data

REquest timed out.
REquest timed out.
REquest timed out.
REquest timed out.

Ping statistics for 64.157.12.155:
Packets: sent = 4, Received = o, Lost = 4 <100% loss>.

My gallery @ Renderosity

Acadia ( ) posted Mon, 31 October 2005 at 4:01 PM

Sounds like it's router problems between you and 3D Commune. You should send that to your ISP and have them take a look at it. If you're having trouble with those routers, others are too. Perhaps they can look into going through other ports. Try another ISP such as free AOL to see if you can access it. If you can, then you know for sure it's the route your ISP is sending you.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.