Mon, Oct 21, 5:06 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 21 4:13 pm)

Subject: Hmmm.... Terai Yuki 2 or Miki? Or neither?

FishNose ( ) posted Mon, 31 October 2005 at 10:35 AM · edited Tue, 01 October 2024 at 8:51 PM

I'm seriously considering getting one of the two - Terai Yuki 2 - OR - Miki. But a few things are a little unclear: 1. Texmap compatability with other figures? 2. Which mesh are they originally based on/possibly compatible with in one way or another? e.g. hair fit, shoe fit etc. 3. Will poses for say V3 or Aiko3 etc work reasonably well on either of them? 4. How well do the meshes work - joints, bends and all the rest of it. Can anyone help me out with some info? :] Fish

FishNose ( ) posted Mon, 31 October 2005 at 11:13 AM

And of course - which of them is the cutest? ;o) And which has the best morphs/morphability, both face and body? :] Fish

randym77 ( ) posted Mon, 31 October 2005 at 11:38 AM

They are not really comparable, IMO. Yuki is an anime-style figure. Miki is more realistic. I suppose that makes Yuki "cuter."

I don't think either of them share textures with any other figures. Miki is mapped sort of like James, I believe, but not entirely.

Neither of them comes with much in the way of morphs. Miki has head and body morph packs for sale at RDNA, as well clothing and textures. Yuki has been completely re-done. Yuki 2 is rigged differently than Yuki 1, so I suspect the clothing made for her will have to be re-done as well. There was never much to begin with.

I think Miki is going to be more successful than Yuki, simply because she fills an empty niche: realistic Asian woman. Vicky does not do ethnic very well, so people who want realistic ethnic characters love Miki and Koji.

Yuki is cute, but she has a lot of competition: Aiko, Mayadoll, etc. She really doesn't let you do anything you can't do with A3.

pigfish9 ( ) posted Mon, 31 October 2005 at 11:40 AM

Just an FYI, Terai Yuki 2 and Miki are both supported by Wardrobe Wizard so clothing availability is not as much of an issue as it used to be (if you have WW).

Tyger_purr ( ) posted Mon, 31 October 2005 at 11:45 AM

Terai Yuki 2 - OR - Miki Yuki is more toon Miki is more real 1. Texmap compatability with other figures? Maybe P6 people but i haven't tried 2. Which mesh are they originally based on/possibly compatible with in one way or another? None to the best of my knowledge. 3. Will poses for say V3 or Aiko3 etc work reasonably well on either of them? Probably about as well as they fit the P6 people, but i think you may have the best luck with p6 poses.

My Homepage - Free stuff and Galleries

Fugazi1968 ( ) posted Mon, 31 October 2005 at 11:48 AM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/viewed.ez?galleryid=1080686

I bought Miki last week and I am so pleased with her, she is the best femme char I have. Brilliant face, when you use the smile morphs she doesnt look like an idiot. I havnt tried out and testure compatibilities but would love to know if anyone has tried :) I use all poses for all figures, as usual you have to do a little adkusting but not too much, specially if you turn limits on. Just posted this one of Miki, it's adult so dont look if ya dont like that stuff :) I've ticked the nudity box in the hope that it will hide this bit from little eyes. John PS rendo mods n the like :) can we have an adult content button, Nudity n Violence don't always cover all the bases.

Fugazi (without the aid of a safety net)

https://www.facebook.com/Fugazi3D

randym77 ( ) posted Mon, 31 October 2005 at 11:56 AM

Yuki 2 is supported by WW already? Wow. PhilC doesn't fool around!

Agree about the expressions. That's one thing CL does right. Koji, Miki, and Yuki are all wonderfully expressive. Much more so than V3, M3, etc.

anastasis20 ( ) posted Mon, 31 October 2005 at 11:59 AM

I agree with randym77. For myself, if I had to pick one it would be Miki - I've got both, but so far Yuki has only been installed and unused. I think Miki's shoulder and arm joints are a bit odd, but her face is great (more than makes up for it) - really expressive even before you start adding 3rd party morphs and characters.

nickedshield ( ) posted Mon, 31 October 2005 at 12:23 PM

Are you sure TY2 is supported by WW? I haven't seen it listed yet.

I must remember to remember what it was I had to remember.

pigfish9 ( ) posted Mon, 31 October 2005 at 12:50 PM

Sorry about that...it wat TY Hi-Res, not TY2 that I downloaded yesterday. I'm sure TY2 is in the works knowing Phil.

DarthJ ( ) posted Mon, 31 October 2005 at 12:52 PM

file_301197.jpg

No, went to Philc's site, TY1 is supported (and Miki). TY2 not (yet). As I said in another thread to another person whom was in doubt whether to acquire them : buy them now and be sorry later; you will even be sorrier when you have to pay the full price to get them ... Here is a picture to compare the whole family. (already posted somewhere too ...) jl

artistheat ( ) posted Mon, 31 October 2005 at 9:17 PM

Well I have Both and happy with them...You best bet is to buy Miki now and you can always get TY2 later:)

Dave-So ( ) posted Tue, 01 November 2005 at 6:18 AM

the price is now $50 for Miki ...

Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it.
Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together.
All things connect......Chief Seattle, 1854

artistheat ( ) posted Tue, 01 November 2005 at 7:56 AM

Yea the Sale has pass But I notice you get a lot more clothes then you did with the sale.

randym77 ( ) posted Tue, 01 November 2005 at 4:57 PM

At last! That's the pack that originally went on sale in Japan. I like those normal clothes better than the sexy leather gear.

And if you already bought Miki, you can buy just the clothing pack separately. :-)

Dave-So ( ) posted Tue, 01 November 2005 at 5:47 PM

more hair too ???

Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it.
Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together.
All things connect......Chief Seattle, 1854

randym77 ( ) posted Tue, 01 November 2005 at 5:57 PM

Yup, more hair, too. Though weirdly, some of the hair included in the clothing pack was also included in the anniversary pack. Seems kind of silly, since everyone who bought Miki already has it. The Japanese pack (which this new one appears to be) came with a lot more hair and clothing than the anniversary pack, but it was all normal street clothes. No motorcycle outfit, and no motorcycle.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.