Thu, Sep 19, 7:59 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 17 9:46 am)

Subject: Is it just me or...?

tlaloc321 ( ) posted Tue, 01 November 2005 at 8:45 PM ยท edited Thu, 19 September 2024 at 7:52 AM

Has the quality of the renders in the Vue gallery just recently shot way up? I know there have always been jaw dropping images from some of the great artists on the site but I just wandered through the last few days of posts and there seemed to be a large number of really well crafted landscapes and outdoor scenes worther of very close inspection. Maybe I just have not stopped by and really looked lately but I am very impressed.

thundering1 ( ) posted Tue, 01 November 2005 at 9:00 PM

I think more people are figuring out the eco-systems, and figuring out how they can change materials and lighting to be more realistic. Yeah, there's some great looking stuff there! BTW - excellent skin mats, lighting, and renders yer Dudeness! -Lew ;-)

Singular3D ( ) posted Wed, 02 November 2005 at 8:59 AM

I think that lighting is one of the most critical points in Vue. Too much ambient light ruins a scene. Still have to learn a lot myself how to tame this beast, but others really get the hang of it. Still there's a lot to learn...

LeoKottke ( ) posted Fri, 04 November 2005 at 8:16 PM

Well I'm a poser user and I actually like the Vue gallery 100 times better than the Poser gallery here at rosity. There's just much more imagination and creativity at display in the Vue gallery. Some of the work is just breathtaking. I can't comment on them much because Im not familliar with Vue. Poser gallery seems for the most part very dull and unimaginative. Filled with latexbabes, breasts and all that. (Yup..Im currently saving for Vue so expect the quality in the Vue gallery to go down pretty soon ^_^ after I get that program)

tlaloc321 ( ) posted Fri, 04 November 2005 at 9:57 PM

I doubt that Leo - I am looking forward to seeing your Vue posts. Perhaps Vue is very good at rendering the enviornment - something that is difficult to set up in Poser not that it cant be done but I find the Poser interface very not condusive to knowing where things are in relationship to each other. I also feel that Vue is capable of rendering poser figures better than most of what I have seen in poser, or perhaps they are just different. In the hands of a skilled craftsperson/artist either program can achieve spectacular results.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.