Tue, Oct 22, 5:19 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 3:39 am)

Subject: Figure Support follow up thread :)

Fugazi1968 ( ) posted Wed, 02 November 2005 at 7:11 AM ยท edited Sun, 28 July 2024 at 8:24 PM

Anton bought up a good question in the previous thread, namely that "merchants need to make what is essentially a commercially viable product, and it has often been the case that a product has been requested then not bought, sometimes I guess even by the people who requested it in the first place." and for me as more a Freestuff creator and I guess for alot of other content creators we want to make things that people want to use. So the question is, do you think there is a sensible way of communicating to content creators (merchants or freestuff providers) what it is you want in terms of content? Something that could guage interest in a particular idea. As a creator myself it's quite hard to find out what people want. There is a forum here on renderosity for people to post requests "Wishing Well" (under the Admin Forums) but I don't think it is used very often. What I'm trying to say is there is something missing in the communication between creators and consumers, whether it be for freestuff or marketplace products. Soemthing that expresses the wants of the consumer and gives creators a good idea about what would be popular. Just a note on Merchants, while motivated by their own sales (and no one can blame them for that) I suspect the revenue from their sales goes a long way to keep this community running. Now so you don't suspect my motives too much :) I'm looking to see if there is much support for this idea. I'm a handy php, mysql programmer and am happy to spend time putting a system together. IF people arn't going to use it then it's more or less a waste of time, but if it is used then it would go some way to plug the communications gap. With any luck it could increase support for neglected figures, if it shows significant interest in them. Anyway I'm loosing the plot now :) so I'll stop. John, PS does everyone know the trick of converting dynamic cloth from one figure to another? In the meantime that could really help increase the content available for a figure (P5/6 of course). If everyone wants to know I'll sort a tute for it.

Fugazi (without the aid of a safety net)

https://www.facebook.com/Fugazi3D

lululee ( ) posted Wed, 02 November 2005 at 7:25 AM

I'd love to have a tute on converting dynamic cloth from one figure to another. That would be very valuable to me. cheerio lululee

adrianjw ( ) posted Wed, 02 November 2005 at 7:30 AM

I'd like a tute as well.

ockham ( ) posted Wed, 02 November 2005 at 12:10 PM

Interesting idea. Especially if you could rig it up so it would automatically ping (email) a creator when a relevant request shows up. That way it wouldn't depend on both "sides" frequently checking the website....

My python page
My ShareCG freebies

Fugazi1968 ( ) posted Wed, 02 November 2005 at 1:37 PM

I dont think that would be a problem ockham, I have apps at work that do that sort of thing. For those that wanted the tutorial drop me a mail at john.holding@ntlworld.com n I'll send it to ya :) It's all finished now. John.

Fugazi (without the aid of a safety net)

https://www.facebook.com/Fugazi3D

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.