Sun, Oct 6, 12:30 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: O.T...Happy Thanksgiving!

johnyf ( ) posted Sat, 05 November 2005 at 8:52 AM · edited Sat, 20 July 2024 at 4:19 PM

Attached Link: http://www.msn.americangreetings.com/view.pd?i=383322094&m=8880&source=msne999

This is for all our American friends! Found it over at 3d Com.

pakled ( ) posted Sat, 05 November 2005 at 9:23 AM

ok..I'll try to remember it in 3 weeks..;) s'ok..isn't Guy Fawkes day coming up?

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

drawbridgep ( ) posted Sat, 05 November 2005 at 9:29 AM

Guy Fawkes is today!! I'm never sure if we celebrate that he failed to blow up parliament, or that he tried.

---------
Phillip Drawbridge
Website 
Facebook

johnyf ( ) posted Sat, 05 November 2005 at 10:08 AM

lol. Yes, I realise it isn't until the end of the month. I thought you would enjoy the link! John

TheBryster ( ) posted Sat, 05 November 2005 at 10:34 AM
Forum Moderator

YUP! Guy Fawkes night tonight...if the weather holds. Actually, there has been a load of tv documentaries on the subject over the last few days. One prog re-built the original House of Lords at full size and blew it up with the same amount of gunpowder that the conspiritors were going to use just to see if Fawkes could have succeeded in killing the King. BLAM! Went off like a nuke! Would have taken out windows 5 miles away!!!!!! And the reason we have bonfires on 'Bonfire Night'? King James ordered bonfires to be lit all over the country in celebration at the capture and execution of the traitors. And in case you didn't know, Fawkes was arrested, tortured for 5 days on the rack and other stuff, and was excecuted by being hung by the neck until almost dead, drawn - which means having his guts cutout of him and burned in front of him, and quartered - chopped into pieces. We knew how to sort out enemies of the state in those days. Today, we would probably slap him on wrist and give him community service. Or not! He was after all, a terrorist!

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader

All the Woes of a World by Jonathan Icknield aka The Bryster

And in my final hours - I would cling rather to the tattooed hand of kindness - than the unblemished hand of hate...

sackrat ( ) posted Sat, 05 November 2005 at 1:07 PM

Thanks for the thought John,..............Thanksgiving, or as the native Americans know it,.......the Day the Neighborhood Went to Hell in a Handcart Day.

"Any club that would have me as a member is probably not worth joining" -Groucho Marx

pakled ( ) posted Sat, 05 November 2005 at 2:47 PM

pretty much the same as William Wallace, tho his parts went on tour..;) in seperate directions..;) Actually, Thanksgiving is different for Canada and the US. The holiday was set to the last Thursday in November by FDR, in an effort to extend the Christmas shopping season during the depression. More useless factoids from Pakled..;)

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.