Mon, Sep 9, 8:38 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 09 6:38 am)

Subject: Poser6 Sr2 and Wings fault???

shedofjoy ( ) posted Thu, 10 November 2005 at 7:17 PM · edited Thu, 18 July 2024 at 12:39 PM

file_303088.jpg

In the image the blue arrows point to these patches which only appear when either point,IBL or AO or a combination of them are used, if i use Poser5 lights (Infinite,etc) it renders fine. I think the wings are Darkwings, and from the several sets of wings i have tried the same happens. does anyone know why? is it yet another bug that hasn't been fixed in the SR2? or is it something that only effects the geometries of wings? any help or advise is appreciated.

Getting old and still making "art" without soiling myself, now that's success.

nerd ( ) posted Thu, 10 November 2005 at 8:12 PM · edited Thu, 10 November 2005 at 8:12 PM
Forum Moderator

Just guessing, but are the wings single sided geometry? (They look see through in the preview window)

If so these may be shadow artifacts. There are two possible fixes. First make sure "Normals Forward" is checked in the material (Advanced view) and second you can add a touch of displacement to the wings. Plug a "Simple Color" node into the displacement and set the amount very small (0.001 PNU or less)

Nerd3D

Message edited on: 11/10/2005 20:12

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.