Sat, Sep 21, 8:35 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 21 7:40 pm)

Subject: Face modeling question

victimorcrime ( ) posted Tue, 15 November 2005 at 2:45 PM ยท edited Sat, 10 August 2024 at 5:22 AM

I've been away from Poser for a long time (P4.. wow things have changed) and recently picked up Poser 6 and thought I would dabble again, I also went and grabbed the New Gen Vicky. I showed a friend what Poser is and she thought it was really cool and wants me to 'make' her.

I was thinking of a simple portrait, I have a few pictures of her looking straight at the camera and figured I could use this. I tried the face modeling tab but it doesn't work with the new Vicky. Then I tried with Jessi and attempting to line up the dots didn't work well. I also tried to import the picture as a background and change Vicky to lines and line things up that way but everything is way off (ears too low, mouth too high..etc).

I could try by sight and adjust morph targets but there are so many to work with and it's difficult for me to get it right.

So, I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions or methods they use.

Message edited on: 11/15/2005 14:46

stahlratte ( ) posted Tue, 15 November 2005 at 4:24 PM

Weeeelll......

You need LOTS of patience.

Forget about the face room. I have yet to see a good likeness made with it, even though I do think the technology has potential.

What I do first is to create a reference pic on a remapped square. Its much more convenient than setting the pic as the background, because you can literally line up the head with the pic.

Then I use a combination of default morphs as well as magnets to change the head.
Magnets are imortant because Vickys default morphs dont really change the bone structure of the head.

Its a tedious process: Spin dials, adjust magnets, spawn morph target, reset head, set new morph to "1", and start over again untill you happy.
Finally, when Im close, I export he head to Wings to do little adjustments I cant do with magnets.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

But as I said, it takes a lot of patience. A good "clone" can take weeks to complete, and you still might find things youre not happy with.

stahlratte

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.