Wed, Sep 18, 6:39 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: Another pig stealing ME!!!

Rochr ( ) posted Thu, 17 November 2005 at 4:34 PM · edited Wed, 24 July 2024 at 6:30 AM

Attached Link: http://rochr.deviantart.com/

Just recieved a message from another artist about another f..k stealing my images over at Deviantart. And not only that, the bastard even pretends to be me. Any info about the guy is highly appreciated.

Rudolf Herczog
Digital Artist
www.rochr.com

marcfx ( ) posted Thu, 17 November 2005 at 4:46 PM

Christ!, your not safe even being yourself these days....have you told deviant about it??

Smile, your dead a long time :)

maxxxmodelz ( ) posted Thu, 17 November 2005 at 4:47 PM

SOmeone in the Poser forum recently posted a similar incident. Wonder if it's the same guy?

Tools :  3dsmax 2015, Daz Studio 4.6, PoserPro 2012, Blender v2.74

System: Pentium QuadCore i7, under Win 8, GeForce GTX 780 / 2GB GPU.

marcfx ( ) posted Thu, 17 November 2005 at 4:55 PM

If they/he posses as me, I just hope hes a good artist! LOL...BUT, joking aide, this is TOTALLY wrong.

Rochr ( ) posted Thu, 17 November 2005 at 4:57 PM

Theyre already on to him, but i think its time to make an example. Ill get his identity, eventually.

Rudolf Herczog
Digital Artist
www.rochr.com

marcfx ( ) posted Thu, 17 November 2005 at 5:00 PM

Attached Link: http://rochr.deviantart.com/activity/

I've just noticed that its got this on the right side of the page: Status: Banned Deviant.

marcfx ( ) posted Thu, 17 November 2005 at 5:01 PM · edited Thu, 17 November 2005 at 5:03 PM

Good......I wonder if they can trace him/her? Edit Problem is when you (if you) join the site, will you also be banned??

Message edited on: 11/17/2005 17:03

pumecobann ( ) posted Thu, 17 November 2005 at 5:18 PM

Have you asked deviantart for the posters ISP?

WOW, Rochr swearing!
I know you must be infuriated, but there's something to be said about things like this;

Jealousy! I read just about everything you post when I'm here, and can't for the life of me think of any other reason someone would make such an obsessive move.

Rochr, a BANNED DEVIANT!
lol - it just don't sound right ;-)

The wait can be horrific, but the outcome can be worse - pumeco 2006

pidjy ( ) posted Thu, 17 November 2005 at 5:42 PM

Well someone use your name.. and your images.. it's not so bad finaly! a kind of "ubiquity" this would be worst if he used your images.. without your name. Take this as a weird kind of compliment.. you are so talentuous.. that he just want to be you! Cheers my friend

Rochr ( ) posted Thu, 17 November 2005 at 5:44 PM

First time ive been banned. A premiere of sorts... Well, ive made a few posts here and there, and the looser is pretty much toasted as soon as they ask for wireframes or working shots. Still want his head though. These thieves are getting tiresome.

Rudolf Herczog
Digital Artist
www.rochr.com

pumecobann ( ) posted Thu, 17 November 2005 at 5:48 PM

So you found Him/her?

marcfx ( ) posted Thu, 17 November 2005 at 5:50 PM

And you are??........now please show me your newest work of art and your mole on your left cheek........of your bum!! ;)

Rochr ( ) posted Thu, 17 November 2005 at 5:55 PM

Havent found his true identity yet. Right now i await answers from DA.

Rudolf Herczog
Digital Artist
www.rochr.com

marcfx ( ) posted Thu, 17 November 2005 at 5:59 PM

My comment was meant to be after pidjy's. You where thinking the same thing too!... you type to fast!!

pumecobann ( ) posted Thu, 17 November 2005 at 6:01 PM

Ah, I thought you meant they had to prove they were the artist by providing the wire.

Len.
(Well, at least I don't have a mole on my left cheek so I'm safe, and no I won't prove it, marcfx)

marcfx ( ) posted Thu, 17 November 2005 at 6:11 PM

@Len LOL Sorry Rudy, this isnt fun time for you. You will find out in the end, then we all can send hate mails and naughty website links!

electroglyph ( ) posted Thu, 17 November 2005 at 6:44 PM

Rudy, Looks like your first fake post at Deviant Art was in defense of a person who got caught impersonating Valentina Kallias. Her fake is banned there too. Accept no substitutions, ask to see the tenticles;)

Flak ( ) posted Thu, 17 November 2005 at 6:55 PM · edited Thu, 17 November 2005 at 6:56 PM

electroglyph - the morning fanta nearly went everywhere... but then I reread what you wrote and saw that it was "tenticles" lol.

Message edited on: 11/17/2005 18:56

Dreams are just nightmares on prozac...
Digital WasteLanD

FranOnTheEdge ( ) posted Thu, 17 November 2005 at 6:57 PM

Ratbags! Gimme the f888cker's adrdress, I'll smash him to smithereens! I HATE b&stards like that. SWINES!!!!! I wish the art world had a better way of dealing with theives like this. We're too lenient with them.

Measure your mind's height
by the shade it casts.

Robert Browning (Paracelsus)

Fran's Freestuff

http://franontheedge.blogspot.com/

http://www.FranOnTheEdge.com

Hawkfyr ( ) posted Thu, 17 November 2005 at 7:04 PM

The funny thing is,if you do a bit of digging around that site,you'll find the impersonator asking if someone would make an avatar for him. This should have been a red flag to those folks over there. "I know I'm talented ,..but I can't seem to pull off making an avatar". What a moron. Tom

“The fact that no one understands you…Doesn’t make you an artist.”

electroglyph ( ) posted Thu, 17 November 2005 at 7:12 PM

Wha.. Oh, a letter different and I could have been in real trouble. Sorry Sheriff, Mongo Straight!

AgentSmith ( ) posted Thu, 17 November 2005 at 9:31 PM

Attached Link: Link

Sweet, sweet Irony. Rochr has won a 1 year subscription to deviantART w Prints account, lol. Along with some other "okay" stuff....(see link) AS

Contact Me | Gallery | Freestuff | IMDB Credits | Personal Site
"I want to be what I was when I wanted to be what I am now"

Hawkfyr ( ) posted Thu, 17 November 2005 at 9:33 PM

Oh Gawd that is CRAZY... Unbelievable BTW..concrats Rudy. Tom

“The fact that no one understands you…Doesn’t make you an artist.”

Mahray ( ) posted Fri, 18 November 2005 at 12:06 AM

A bit late... but that's sinking to a new level of b*stardry!! Shootings too good for him(her?), they should be locked in a room with no computer for life! (Well, maybe not life, but it's jsut not cricket!) Mahray

Come visit us at RenderGods.

Ignore the shooty dog thing.

Rochr ( ) posted Fri, 18 November 2005 at 5:39 AM

deviantArt can kiss my a**! Any serious page would have taken that account down by now.

Rudolf Herczog
Digital Artist
www.rochr.com

AgentSmith ( ) posted Fri, 18 November 2005 at 6:28 AM

They may have the same problems completely removing an account like we do. Still, they could strip it of any info, stats, comments, etc. AS

Rochr ( ) posted Fri, 18 November 2005 at 7:28 AM

Yeah, but a simple responce from DA would be nice. Well, either way, i put a message on my webpage about it, so he can link there as much as he want now. Or from any other account at DA, as far as im concerned. ):)

Rudolf Herczog
Digital Artist
www.rochr.com

AgentSmith ( ) posted Fri, 18 November 2005 at 7:34 AM

Dang...yeah, would be. DA misses out. :o/ AS

pumecobann ( ) posted Fri, 18 November 2005 at 7:52 AM

I agree, they should have stripped the site of all the Rochr posts at the very least.

Good luck with this Rochr, but if nothing else, it gives you a great excuse for a manacing render.

IE:
"Still want his head though."

Len.
(Gallows or a line-up spring to mind)

electroglyph ( ) posted Fri, 18 November 2005 at 8:24 AM

I agree, The way it is left now it still looks like the real Rochr is supporting the fake Valentina in the first DA post. They say that Rochr is a banned deviant but they don't say it's because he is also fake. It still leaves the door open for everyone to wonder why the real Rudy would support this person or what he did to deserve banning.

originalmoron ( ) posted Fri, 18 November 2005 at 10:36 AM

Well, he must be a moron, cos the art he have on the attileus nick is from this artist> http://www.renderosity.com/viewed.ez?galleryid=1050140&Start=1&Artist=attileus&ByArtist=Yes and from this one> www.weiweihua.com A simple genious this idiot. And the attileus nick is banned as well.

My blog

pauljs75 ( ) posted Fri, 18 November 2005 at 1:27 PM

It's the evil rochR from an alternate dimension. Somebody must have let the kids play with the space portal controls again...

Barbequed Pixels?

Your friendly neighborhood Wings3D nut.
Also feel free to browse my freebies at ShareCG.
There might be something worth downloading.

catlin_mc ( ) posted Fri, 18 November 2005 at 1:29 PM

So sorry to hear you're having this problem again Rudy. This is nothing but identity theft, it may be in the virtual world but it's just as bad as identity theft in the real world. I do think matters like this should be taken as seriously as it is in the real world and dealt with appropriately, ie. criminal conviction. Hope you can resolve this with deviantArt they really should stop this sort of thing dead in it's tracks. Catlin

jagill ( ) posted Fri, 18 November 2005 at 4:05 PM

F'in prick. What a loser. If you get his personal info, make sure to post it.

lindans ( ) posted Tue, 22 November 2005 at 3:30 AM

'Nother late post I just wonder what someone gets out of pretending that that they are some wondeful artist when they must know that any praise offered isn't meant for them. Defeats the object of being an artist any way. I expect my stuff is Crap...but it is my stuff.LOL!!!

Oh, let the sun beat down upon my face. I am a traveler of both time and space ....Kashmir, Led Zeppelin

FranOnTheEdge ( ) posted Tue, 22 November 2005 at 9:44 AM

Lindans, Oh, no. It's not crap. In fact I found it rather interesting - I could wish that you'd say a little about why you made each piece as well as the product info when you upload though. I find that part fascinating, and I feel the gap when it's not there. Just IMO...

by the shade it casts.

Fran's Freestuff

Rochr ( ) posted Wed, 23 November 2005 at 4:24 PM

My oh my...Someone just crawled out of a hole. Alex Ritter, as he calls himself(unless its a stolen identity as well), used my name and images because- and i quote - "i didn't think you were ever going to come to dA" ... +( Well, i gave the guy a chance to come forward and confess, he took it and have deleted my name. A very smart move. Sadly, it seems like the best way of preventing more image thefts at DA, is to post the images there myself. :/

Rudolf Herczog
Digital Artist
www.rochr.com

FranOnTheEdge ( ) posted Wed, 23 November 2005 at 5:45 PM · edited Wed, 23 November 2005 at 5:49 PM

Unless all the kerfuffle means that YOU'VE been banned as well. (I'm not sure how such things work.) But just think, other people as well as us lucky ones here in Rosity should have the oportunity to see a REAL Rochr.

I wish you all the best, just don't abandon us lot, eh? (I just wish they'd come here instead of resorting to theft)

Message edited on: 11/23/2005 17:49

by the shade it casts.

Fran's Freestuff

Ardiva ( ) posted Wed, 23 November 2005 at 10:22 PM

Rudy...just post ONE image over there at DA and at least that will save your username and no one else can take it again, no?

Rochr ( ) posted Wed, 23 November 2005 at 11:49 PM

Abandon Renderosity? No way, will never happen, nada, aldrig i livet!!! :) I cant do anything about the username "Rochr", so i would have to use "RudolfHerczog" instead. Im ok with that. Besides, i dont plan to hang there, but simply post smaller versions of the images to minimize the risk of theft. Ill see, havent decided if its worth the trouble yet. :)

Rudolf Herczog
Digital Artist
www.rochr.com

Ardiva ( ) posted Thu, 24 November 2005 at 10:48 AM

Hehe..I have image posts on PP and FaeryWylde as well...like to spread myself around a bit, ya know? ;)

jagill ( ) posted Thu, 24 November 2005 at 6:03 PM · edited Thu, 24 November 2005 at 6:08 PM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/viewed.ez?galleryid=1094457&Start=1&Sectionid=39&filter_genre_id=0&Whats

I have to wonder if something similar is going on here. After reading SilentRob's comment and visiting the artist's site, something just seems fishy.

Message edited on: 11/24/2005 18:08

Ardiva ( ) posted Thu, 24 November 2005 at 6:10 PM

It looks fine to me, jagill...unless I missed something.

jagill ( ) posted Thu, 24 November 2005 at 7:10 PM · edited Thu, 24 November 2005 at 7:12 PM

The Renderosity page for
eXsSource
and the artist's own site http://www.h6.dion.ne.jp/~m.mirage/home.html
reflect very different personalities. But maybe he's schizophrenic, which
could be why his work is so brilliant.

Message edited on: 11/24/2005 19:12

jagill ( ) posted Fri, 25 November 2005 at 1:34 AM

eXsSource is a fake! Here's an e-mail I got from the real artist:

To: Joe Gill

Subject: Re: Renderosity Gallery

Date: Thu 11/24/05 09:30 PM

???...I saw this page for the first time.
I'm not setup to this site "Renderosity".
Someone is putting my works without permission.
It's necessary to warn admin.
Thanks for your kindness!

Kazuhiko

value00 : Do you also have a homepage setup at Renderosity:
http://www.renderosity.com/homepage.ez?Who=eXsSource

I only ask, because your homepage and your Renderosity artist page
reflect very different personalities.

Ardiva ( ) posted Fri, 25 November 2005 at 10:26 AM

Interesting to say the least.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.