Sun, Sep 22, 12:30 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 21 10:34 pm)

Subject: P4 runs like a slug on new AMD 2800+ system...

tedbragg ( ) posted Sat, 26 November 2005 at 11:17 AM ยท edited Wed, 17 July 2024 at 11:49 AM

This is just plain WEIRD. I recently built a new AMD 2800+ Semp. system with 512 mb (stop laughing) WinXP Pro, and 'posing' performance in P4 is just as slow on ths new machine as it was on my previous 1st gen. Celeron 400Mhz machine. My system is stripped down on WinXp; all the bells and whistles have been rooted out or disabled, so it's lighter on mem. req. 80gig hd with a 2gig swap file, but it rarely crunches while posing.. Renders are much faster, yes, but actually moving figures around, adjustments, etc. take FOREVER. P4 can't make use of fast vid cards, and P6 (which can use OpenGL) is too expensive -- so I'm stuck with this for now. My old Cel 400 had 256megs of ram, and even when I ran P4 on my Mac G4 1.25ghz with 1.5gigs it behaved the SAME way. herky-jerky movements and lags even on Reduced Res. Vicky 1... Is this a problem with the program itself? Or should I ditch P4 and switch to D|S?

nickedshield ( ) posted Sat, 26 November 2005 at 2:11 PM

If you are running a total of 1 gig or more combined swap and physical Ram you might just be a candidate for the memory fix at e-forntier.

I must remember to remember what it was I had to remember.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.