Mon, Sep 9, 5:33 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser Python Scripting

Welcome to the Poser Python Scripting Forum

Forum Moderators: Staff

Poser Python Scripting F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 08 5:10 pm)

We now have a ProPack Section in the Poser FreeStuff.
Check out the new Poser Python Wish List thread. If you have an idea for a script, jot it down and maybe someone can write it. If you're looking to write a script, check out this thread for useful suggestions.

Also, check out the official Python site for interpreters, sample code, applications, cool links and debuggers. This is THE central site for Python.

You can now attach text files to your posts to pass around scripts. Just attach the script as a txt file like you would a jpg or gif. Since the forum will use a random name for the file in the link, you should give instructions on what the file name should be and where to install it. Its a good idea to usually put that info right in the script file as well.

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Would it be possible to copy Spherical zones between figures

nickedshield ( ) posted Thu, 01 December 2005 at 11:06 AM · edited Fri, 30 August 2024 at 9:32 PM

I don't know if it is possible for a python script to copy spherical zones from one figure to another when both figures are loaded. Here's the problem I used Wardrobe Wizard to convert a dress using the advanced feature that retains morphs and the arms do not line up. I convert again using the standard conversion and the dress will conform. Looking at both dresses shows a difference in the SZ locations. I can manually copy all of the zones from the good dress over but that is a long, laborious process. So the question is, can python do something like that and would someone write a script?

I must remember to remember what it was I had to remember.

PhilC ( ) posted Thu, 01 December 2005 at 12:02 PM

Attached Link: http://www.philc.net/WW_tutorial1.htm

file_309035.zip

errr yes it can and yes we did :)

Click the Wardrobe Wizard buttons "Utilities" ----> "Figure" ----> "More" and you will see a button labeled "Copy Joint Parameters". Before using it have a look at the tutorial at the above link. Also your Wardrobe Wizard help files includes an on screen run through of how joint parameters work plus how and why to adjust them.

Hope that helps.

philc_agatha_white_on_black.jpg

nickedshield ( ) posted Thu, 01 December 2005 at 1:10 PM

file_309036.zip

Phil, I've read the tut numerous times and even though it was very helpful it didn't resolve the problem. See screen shot. The SZ's on the left dress had to be copied over to the right. Yes, I tried coping the JP's. The left dress was Converted To and it conformed properly, minus morphs which was to be expected. The Right was Advanced, Unweled Figure in order to retain all of the morphs and it didn't conform even after all of the JP set up you spell out. After I manually copied all of the zones the dress functioned correctly. The dress is Bat's free nurse for A3

PhilC ( ) posted Thu, 01 December 2005 at 2:31 PM

Running it through now. Which figure are you converting the dress to?

PhilC ( ) posted Thu, 01 December 2005 at 2:52 PM

file_309037.zip

I'm having difficulty replicating what you show. I converted to V3. I just needed to increase the scale of the shoulder bend inner sphere slightly to get it to look like this.

nickedshield ( ) posted Thu, 01 December 2005 at 5:05 PM

I'm converting the dress to YTLaura

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.