Mon, Sep 9, 8:10 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 09 6:38 am)

Subject: Faery pic designers, a question

Kristta ( ) posted Wed, 07 December 2005 at 11:46 AM ยท edited Sat, 24 August 2024 at 6:21 PM

I've been looking through the faery gallery here at rosity. I've got an idea for an image for a local contest but I don't have a clue where you guys get the wonderful wings you have in your images. I've seen dragonfly wings, evil pixie wings, butterfly wings, etc but where do you get them from? Please tell me your favorite wings to use and where you got the wings from. THANK YOU IN ADVANCE!

mikachan ( ) posted Wed, 07 December 2005 at 11:54 AM

there are some fly and misquito wings in the free section, but my favorite are the simple fae wings by uweg(also free). Another good wing resource are the faery wings deluxe at DAZ. The are easy to texture and alot of people have made WONDERFUL textures for them. Just look in every free section you knwo, and you will find some.

mikachan ( ) posted Wed, 07 December 2005 at 11:59 AM

boroda has some dragonfly, fly, bee, and misquito wings. They look really nice, although I havn't used them. Just run a search for his name in the Free section.

randym77 ( ) posted Wed, 07 December 2005 at 12:09 PM

Attached Link: http://www.mikheyev.rgkp.com/page.asp?mart=40

A lot of them are the Universal Wings (see the DAZ free products archive). There are a whole slew of different textures for them that can make them looks like dragonfly wings, butterfly wings, etc. The Universal Wings are an older item. They do not conform; you have to position and parent them by hand. Often, there are no MAT files for the textures, so those must be applied manually as well. But they look good once you figure it out.

There are also some really nice wings at Boroda's site. (See link.)

geoegress ( ) posted Wed, 07 December 2005 at 12:22 PM
nickedshield ( ) posted Wed, 07 December 2005 at 2:15 PM

Attached Link: http://www.faeriewylde.com/forum/index.php

You might want to investigate this site. Thorne has made a new version of his Universal Wings. While there, see if the Mat file is still around for the Universal Wings1. Note, you will have to register but it's free.

I must remember to remember what it was I had to remember.

Acadia ( ) posted Wed, 07 December 2005 at 4:08 PM

Attached Link: http://mystic-nights.com/directory/index.php

There are a ton of wings all over the poser community. Daz has some in their store. You can also find free "Universal" ones in the free area there. Faeriewylde has some textures for the Universal wings. You can find free textures in free stuff here by searching "Wings", "Faery", "Faerie", or "Fae". Also, if you go to that link above and type in "Faery" or "Fae", you will find lots of links for "Faeries".

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

Foxseelady ( ) posted Wed, 07 December 2005 at 9:31 PM

Attached Link: http://poserpros.daz3d.com/store/viewitem.php?selitem=7521&start=0&selcat=0&selsub=0

I agree that Thornes free wings are awesome and I also love the fairy wings deluxe set. However I just also made a purchase at poser pros in the pro club section at an amazing price, comes with wings, different textures for them and poses to match...quite a deal. :)

Acadia ( ) posted Wed, 07 December 2005 at 10:54 PM

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.