Fri, Oct 4, 3:26 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Writers

Welcome to the Writers Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, Wolfenshire

Writers F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 03 12:34 am)

Writers Gallery

"Don't tell me the moon is shining; show me the glint of light on broken glass." ---Anton Chekhov

Subject: Writers Forum Topic Posts

TallPockets ( ) posted Sat, 10 December 2005 at 11:03 PM · edited Mon, 29 July 2024 at 12:40 AM

Question: How long are individual topic threads kept in the writers forum? Is there only one page kept current in the forum? When I tried to click onto 'next' or 'previous' it does not seem to allow me to do so? I tried 'archives' tab but how does one know what to type in there to find a specific past post? Are only a set number of posts kept on a single page here? Are any topic posts 'deleted' irrespective of 'date' posted? THANKS kindly for any help or assistance. Not the brightest bulb, TallPockets.

TallPockets ( ) posted Sat, 10 December 2005 at 11:06 PM

Re: archive area. What if you don't know which 'month' the thread was? Do you have to search month by month? Thanks, again. Much apreciated. T.P.

dialyn ( ) posted Sun, 11 December 2005 at 9:01 AM

You can search by the topic (if you remember it) or by the poster's nickname. That brings up more than the archive does now. I'll leave it to a moderator to respond to the age of the forum threads...I know there are several years worth archived but not how long they are kept.

dialyn ( ) posted Sun, 11 December 2005 at 9:02 AM

Another useful archive is the collective memory of the group. Sometimes if you post, "do you remember this?" and give a description, someone will remember it and provide a thread link for you.

TallPockets ( ) posted Sun, 11 December 2005 at 7:00 PM

Dialyn - thanks kindly for your input. Is there only 'one' screen page kept in the forum as 'active' at a time? T.P. Mucho gracias.

dialyn ( ) posted Sun, 11 December 2005 at 7:03 PM

Depends on how many messages have been posted that are new from the last time you looked, and how long the threads are, I believe. I know I've flipped through several pages of Poser threads in a day, because there is such active posting there. For the rest, I'm afraid a moderator will have to respond. I've never been privy to the secret handshakes and passwords that are the keys to open all the Renderosity secret vaults. :)

Tedz ( ) posted Mon, 12 December 2005 at 9:23 AM

G'day Brian ..aka TallPockets. Buggered if I know....I see the Community Forum holds about 50 Postings...then is "Cleared", 2D does a Page and is "Cleared"...like this Forum...the Photography Forum...well...last peep...holds 137 Topical Entries. I leave the Masonic Handshakes for the....Masons. ...wink salute

jstro ( ) posted Mon, 12 December 2005 at 3:47 PM · edited Mon, 12 December 2005 at 3:47 PM

There's a secret handshake? Darn, I'm always the last to learn these things. Oh well.

It seems to have changed not all that long ago. I remember I used to flip through page after page of forum postings. Then suddenly one day, POOF! just one page worth. Really threw me at the time. Seems like it happened within the last year.

I liked it better the old way, but I'm sure there are technical reasons for the truncated content. Too bad, really.

jon

Message edited on: 12/12/2005 15:47

~jon
My Blog - Mad Utopia Writing in a new era.

jstro ( ) posted Mon, 12 December 2005 at 3:53 PM

Hey, this seems to work fairly well. Do a search, and for the search term just enter 05 and it seems to get all the postings with 05 in them. Since all the posts are dated (like the one above 12/12/05) I believe it ends up getting everything posted this year. I can't be 100% sure, but there's a bunch. jon

~jon
My Blog - Mad Utopia Writing in a new era.

dialyn ( ) posted Mon, 12 December 2005 at 3:56 PM

You're such a clever lad. To the head of the class with Jon!!!

TallPockets ( ) posted Mon, 12 December 2005 at 11:27 PM

Jstro for Prez in 2008!!!!

TallPockets ( ) posted Mon, 12 December 2005 at 11:27 PM

Dialyn for First Lady!

TallPockets ( ) posted Mon, 12 December 2005 at 11:28 PM

Tedz as New Zealand ambassador!!

SusiQ ( ) posted Tue, 13 December 2005 at 2:56 AM

TP as the owner of the biggest wooden spoon..... ;o)

Copyright S.R. Hulley
Chin up, stay strong! Hugs!

TallPockets ( ) posted Tue, 13 December 2005 at 5:53 PM

I would 'spoon' with you anytime, anyplace, dear SusiQ. WINK.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.