Mon, Sep 9, 4:45 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Community Center

Welcome to the Community Center Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Community Center F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 08 12:29 am)

Forum news, updates, events, etc. Please sitemail any notices or questions for the staff to the Forum Moderators.

Subject: Christmas Day Open House - SF Bay Area

hauksdottir ( ) posted Thu, 15 December 2005 at 2:13 AM · edited Sun, 25 August 2024 at 9:49 PM

I have kept open house on Christmas Day for about 25 years. Some of my friends celebrate the day and some don't; some have no family locally, and some need a place to escape their family... my door is open. The group includes artists, writers, programmers, musicians, scifi fans and game players. If I was a good person last year, I'll get to play a game of Scrabble I'll provide hot cider and some munchies, but it is potluck. After 2 pm, Christmas Day, my place. With the Poser User's Parties, I've met some of the people from these forums, but not yet a couple of others... you'd all be welcome. If you need directions and a phone number email me. Carolly

SndCastie ( ) posted Thu, 15 December 2005 at 2:59 AM

Man sounds like fun too bad I am on the east coast never been to SF :O) Would love to meet you Carolly Sandy

Sandy
An imagination can create wonderful things

SndCastie's Little Haven

KateTheShrew ( ) posted Thu, 15 December 2005 at 8:51 AM

I'll be there in spirit, Carolly, as always. I hope you have a wonderful crew this year (I'm stuck with my stoopid brothers eye roll) Kate

Bobasaur ( ) posted Thu, 15 December 2005 at 9:48 AM

You are one of the people here I'd love to meet in person. I'm sorry I can't attend. I'll be there in spirit, too. PS. if you ever get to the Dallas area, I'm having an open house that day. For you.

Before they made me they broke the mold!
http://home.roadrunner.com/~kflach/

LillianH ( ) posted Thu, 15 December 2005 at 6:00 PM

Hi Carolly, This sounds like SO much fun! My old stomping grounds no less. I saw some pics from a Poser User's Party and I sure wish I could be there. Hope you'll share more pics from your open house. I'm sure it will be a blast! Best wishes, Lillian

Lillian Hawkins
Marketing Manager
By serving each other, we are free.

pearce ( ) posted Fri, 16 December 2005 at 2:21 PM

Well the Learjet's in for its annual overhaul, so that's me out. Like bobasaur though, I'll be there in spirit (look hard into your vodka glass -- you'll see us). Have a good one. Mick :)

hauksdottir ( ) posted Sat, 17 December 2005 at 6:15 PM

A few of the people from the last Poser User's party ought to be here: Bobbo, Don, and Pat. Danny will for sure (photographer, not renderer), and a couple of other Rendo members who mostly lurk on occasion (about half my friends are artists for some strange reason ;^) ). There is so much to do, and I'm never, ever ready for it... but it is so good to have friends congregated together over hugs and hot cider and games and books and snippets of conversation. If I get any decent pictures, I'll post them. Hmm... I snapped a couple of the tree before I started decorating: would a naked tree need a nudity flag? ;^) Carolly

Prufrock81 ( ) posted Tue, 20 December 2005 at 2:43 AM · edited Tue, 20 December 2005 at 2:44 AM

Wow what a fantastically warm idea! I work at USF (Chef for Jesuit Community) but will be off on Sunday - Live over in Alameda with my wife and 120 lb puppy dawg. Having a quiet Christmas there. We are planning on having a birthday cake and singing "Happy Birthday" to Jesus just because we're fed up with Political Correctness robbing the man of his Birthday honours LOL !!! The rest of time will be spent dancing with the large puppy between courses.

YOU - it appears - have the true spirit and joy of the day in mind. Maybe some other time....meanwhile you email ME and you get could get a lunch prepared for you in the Cloisters....best view in SF.

MERRY CHRISTMAS !!!! A HAVE A GREAT TIME!!

Pruf

Message edited on: 12/20/2005 02:44

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.