Sat, Oct 5, 6:13 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 5:47 am)

Subject: Poser Rig for Open Source Zygote Woman at 3DScience.com

ToolmakerSteve ( ) posted Sat, 17 December 2005 at 9:10 PM

How about "open source with a license whose TERMS are COPYRIGHTED"??? Read the license. Someone doesn't want others to copy their LICENSE TERMS?! Ultimate bizarreness. While this has no influence on what permissions you have to use the MATERIALS you are downloading, it still makes me shudder.

nruddock ( ) posted Sat, 17 December 2005 at 9:31 PM

Even the GPL is copyrighted (as is all OSS).
Copyright is what makes OSS licenses work.

ToolmakerSteve ( ) posted Sat, 17 December 2005 at 9:52 PM · edited Sat, 17 December 2005 at 10:03 PM

Ah, I'm talking about whether the LICENSE ITSELF is copyrighted, NOT whether the STUFF BEING PROVIDED is copyrighted. Of course the STUFF is copyrighted.

In other words, GPL'd stuff is copyrighted, but I didn't think the GPL license itself was a copyrighted work. Many licenses are not -- that is, you are free to write your own license, borrowing terms from existing licenses.

Note that this license says "the wording and conditions of this license are Copyrighted ...". I've never seen that clause before. But then I don't usually bother to read licenses; I know what publishers do and don't want me to do.

=> I don't want to hijack this thread with a discussion of copyright. I came back here to delete my post before someone responded to it, but since it is too late for that, let me just request we not discuss this topic further on this thread. <= If anyone does wish to discuss copyright or licensing further, please do so by starting a new thread, then posting here a link to that thread. That way, only interested people need follow that link.

Message edited on: 12/17/2005 22:03

ynsaen ( ) posted Sun, 18 December 2005 at 4:24 AM

thread drift lives, and I'm not interested in starting a new thread. The figure appears to be rigged to the P5/6 spec, and is actually rather nice -- quite a refreshing change. Small tweaks here and there. As for licenses: all licenses, themselves, are covered by copyright, stated or not. IPOF, their statement is redundant. Redundancy in this case may be a good thing. Should be intersting to see what sort of support the figure recieves, and whether or not there will be a male rig to complement...

thou and I, my friend, can, in the most flunkey world, make, each of us, one non-flunkey, one hero, if we like: that will be two heroes to begin with. (Carlyle)

operaguy ( ) posted Sun, 18 December 2005 at 5:20 AM

Two letters: WW

tastiger ( ) posted Sun, 18 December 2005 at 1:11 PM

Ok - I have been a member since I received the newsletter from from Zygote during the week but when I click on the "download" link I get sent to a page with all the non free models and can't sem to find the open source models anywhere - what am I doing wrong?

The supreme irony of life is that hardly anyone gets out of it alive.
Robert A. Heinlein

11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-11900K @ 3.50GHz   3.50 GHz
64.0 GB (63.9 GB usable)
Geforce RTX 3060 12 GB
Windows 11 Pro

lmckenzie ( ) posted Sun, 18 December 2005 at 2:13 PM

"...can't sem to find the open source models anywhere..." Try the "Open Source" link on the left hand menu maybe? Download took me to: http://www.3dscience.com/Free_Open_Source_3D_Horse_Model_Download.asp which has the actual DL link. I signed up and started downloading, haven't checked to see if the email even arrived. Windows 2000/Slim Browser (IE 6 core).

"Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance." - H. L. Mencken

tastiger ( ) posted Sun, 18 December 2005 at 2:26 PM

I finally got it by right clicking on the link - sti;; not sure where that link hid for the last 5 days - but downloading now... Be interesting to see the difference between this one and the model DAD produced. Also DAD has made a the male version poserfied about 3 months ago....

Robert A. Heinlein

64.0 GB (63.9 GB usable)
Geforce RTX 3060 12 GB
Windows 11 Pro

Nance ( ) posted Sun, 18 December 2005 at 4:13 PM

uh... who/what/where is "DAD" please?

tastiger ( ) posted Sun, 18 December 2005 at 4:36 PM · edited Sun, 18 December 2005 at 4:39 PM

Hi Nance.

DAD is DAD David (Tahir) Deschamphelaere

I can't find the link to his site at the moment, but I think you will find the link to "Z Man" if you go to Sixus Media.

David actually was the first to poserize both the Zygote man and woman not long after they were released.

I've been telling people on these forums about them for ages - but sometimes things just don't sink in.....

Kept seeing posts like "When will someone poserize the Zygote Open Source models?" Now I'm back to Poser 6ifying my Xmas tree and then see if anyone is interested in downloading it :) edited to correct typos

Message edited on: 12/18/2005 16:39

Robert A. Heinlein

64.0 GB (63.9 GB usable)
Geforce RTX 3060 12 GB
Windows 11 Pro

tastiger ( ) posted Sun, 18 December 2005 at 5:06 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

file_312366.jpg

Here you go - just to show they existed and also I was wrong about the date coz this image was created on Thursday, 14 July 2005, 08:12:54

I must be the only person who downloaded them :)

Robert A. Heinlein

64.0 GB (63.9 GB usable)
Geforce RTX 3060 12 GB
Windows 11 Pro

Jules53757 ( ) posted Sun, 18 December 2005 at 5:21 PM

No, you were not ;) but dad has upates but the page he named was not available.

Ulli

"Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience!"

Nance ( ) posted Sun, 18 December 2005 at 5:29 PM

thanks for the add'l info tastiger

infinity10 ( ) posted Sun, 18 December 2005 at 10:27 PM

I for one would sure like to see DaD's poserised versions. Looked over at Sixus but did not find the right links. Will look again later.

Eternal Hobbyist

DAD ( ) posted Mon, 19 December 2005 at 12:20 AM

Oh well ... Here I am ... go away for a few years and people finally start talking about you. LOL Anyone interested can find the original Z-Woman, Z-Man, and Z-Girl that I did off the Zygote models at my webstore: www.mythosrnd.com Go to the store section and scroll down to the freebies link. They are there with a few other items. One of these days I will get around to doing a version2.0 but it's not on the plate yet. If there is enough interest I might break down and do them. I have some big plans for the V2 versions, but there has been so little interest in OS3D that I kind of got side tracked into other areas.

infinity10 ( ) posted Mon, 19 December 2005 at 3:32 AM

cool !!

Eternal Hobbyist

ToolmakerSteve ( ) posted Mon, 19 December 2005 at 5:36 PM

I am thrilled to see open source human models available. Re the Open Source 3D models, I tried to download them, from open3dproject.org, but even after logging in, every one simply said "Access Denied". For the Zygote ones, I am happy to hear about DAD's rigs -- downloading them now -- thanks DAD. For the Project Humans, I found the ContentParadise links for downloading one of them(apologies if I'm stating the obvious): Project Human: Female - LoRes http://www.contentparadise.com/us/user/product.php?productid=11902 Are the other two (Project Human: Male, and the NOT loRes Female) available anywhere?

ToolmakerSteve ( ) posted Mon, 19 December 2005 at 5:51 PM

Huh. Content Paradise's Advanced Search is rather sad, as it apparently lacks a way to say "only show me Project AND Human", and then didn't seem to list them, even after looking through pages of unrelated figures. But I finally noticed them under "Related Links" from one item: Project Human: Female http://www.contentparadise.com/us/user/product.php?productid=11693 Project Human: Male http://www.contentparadise.com/us/user/product.php?productid=11694

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.