Sun, Oct 6, 7:17 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / MarketPlace Showcase

Welcome to the MarketPlace Showcase Forum

Forum Moderators: Staff

MarketPlace Showcase F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 06 6:19 am)

Welcome to the MarketPlace Showcase Forum. The Showcase Forum and Gallery are intended for all commercial related postings by active Renderosity MarketPlace Vendors only. This is a highlight area where our membership is invited to review in greater detail the various art products, software and resource site subscriptions available for purchase in the Renderosity MarketPlace.

Subject: on merchant resources

amacord ( ) posted Sun, 18 December 2005 at 2:18 AM · edited Sat, 05 October 2024 at 6:50 PM

hi all ye merchants and customers -
hi rosity-staff!

well, i do understand that it is not easy to stop merchants to use their resources again and again.
i do understand that it is even more difficult to stop them stealing each others resources.
not that i like it, but i can cope with it...

but when it comes to those merchant resources any understanding comes to an end. its simply spitting right into the customers face.

with that kind of stuff any rubberhead with some basic p-shop skills can cough up some mcdonalds-textures, call it a character set and claim money for it. and that for an afternoons "work"! quality? artwork? graphical skills? who cares!
even worse than the loss of quality on the marketplace - well, lets name it: the merchants resources are the legal way of selling the same old crap again and again!

now my proposal is:
the merchants should have to replace one of the big-sized promo renders with a collage of details of the actual textures (lips, navel, nipples etc...). blend in a bunch of "sample"-stamps, blend in the uv-map, i dont care.

for the handfull of merchants who are good in creating a genuine texture set it would be just an hour of additional work. they can only win...
for the others, i.e. those copynpaste merchants...hey, i have to work for my money, why shouldnt you?

hoping that these lines are good for stirring up some trouble...

A.

ExprssnImg ( ) posted Tue, 14 February 2006 at 11:50 AM

Yes, there is a lot of trash to sift through. Painted bodies with a fill brush and maybe a wellplaced .psd tatoo. Then name it MonkeyGothpoomongerfella. See if it sells for $5. But keep in mind that they are entitled to do as they wish. Hopefully, eventually, they can discriminate on what they want to release and they learn that quality will sell more items for them. The trash eventually sifts to the bottom. Take the good with the bad and appreciate those that deserve it. Getting mad will only frustrate you. Concentrate on what improves you and not what can improve others. For you are the only one that you have control over. ;-) Valid point.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.