Sun, Oct 6, 5:55 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Community Center

Welcome to the Community Center Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Community Center F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 28 10:18 am)

Forum news, updates, events, etc. Please sitemail any notices or questions for the staff to the Forum Moderators.

Subject: iClone Forum...or, maybe R'sity needs to look at its forum requests

Cheers ( ) posted Sun, 18 December 2005 at 3:54 AM · edited Wed, 25 September 2024 at 2:21 AM

I wonder how much was paid to Bondware to include a iClone forum and gallery?
I know this place is here to make money, but surely it is here to provide a service to artists as well. There have been many requests for Silo etc forums yet they get ignored and we still have forums that never see any posts being left up...meanwhile we have to put up with error pages and a site soooooooo slow sometimes it would be faster for me to catch a plane, fly over to the states and collect the pages personally!!

Phew, rant over, but not once did I ever see a request for an iClone forum. I'm sure its a nice piece of software (although if I need animation I'm going to use Motion Builder or Messiah), but it wasn't added to the forum list because of its popularity and from user requests. When are "normal" user requests going to be heard?

Cheers P.S. Rant, certainly over now ;)

Message edited on: 12/18/2005 03:56

Twitter: Follow @the3dscene

YouTube Channel

--------------- A life?! Cool!! Where do I download one of those?---------------

LillianH ( ) posted Sun, 18 December 2005 at 10:22 AM · edited Sun, 18 December 2005 at 10:32 AM

Attached Link: http://www.reallusion.com/iclone/ic_art_renderosity.asp

Dear Cheers,

We have forums created from community requests and forums that evolve from business relationships.

I take care of the business side and StaceyG takes care of the community. As you know, we get a large number of requests for many different forums and each one has to be reviewed individually. We have to find the necessary resources to make sure there will be people available in each forum that can answer user questions on a regular basis. In the case of iClone, there was a commitment from Reallusion to have those resources available.

You're right, iClone is a nice piece of software. We have been working behind the scenes with Reallusion to highlight and feature content from several of our merchant artists: ValkyrieArt | deadhead | Laksmi | Larissad | Jean-Luc Ajrarn | The-Slinger | Vali | 1010 | Luciferino | Malifec | Placebo | Antje | Bez and Saiyan. In addition our Artist of the Year, SvenArt, is also a contributor to this new product. A lot of hard work has gone into the creation of the iClone forum.

As for the site slowness, we felt the same pain you did. We have spent a great deal of time and resources lately to improve site performance. On Thursday of this week, we doubled the memory in the data base server in order to improve the site responsiveness. I trust you have noticed a difference. I know we certainly have.

Best wishes,
LillianH
Renderosity Marketing Manager

Message edited on: 12/18/2005 10:32

Lillian Hawkins
Marketing Manager
By serving each other, we are free.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.