Thu, Sep 19, 8:00 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 3:46 am)

Subject: Poser character spotting

amberlover13 ( ) posted Sun, 18 December 2005 at 5:49 PM ยท edited Wed, 18 September 2024 at 6:46 PM

I'm watching a tape of Saturday night Live from Last night, and they did their first skit about getting rid of mice, and they used the Daz House mouse....actually several of them for the whole skit! Did anyone else see this?

randym77 ( ) posted Sun, 18 December 2005 at 6:13 PM

Someone posted a thread over at DAZ. They weren't sure it was the DAZ mouse or not.

amberlover13 ( ) posted Sun, 18 December 2005 at 6:18 PM

I've watched it a few times, and I'm pretty positive that it's the housemouse. There are parts towards the end where they use live mice, but the footage of the mouse driving the little car is definately the housemouse. They have done some creative morphing by adding teeth too some, but I've compared the tape to renders I have done and they look identical in spots.

Redfern ( ) posted Sun, 18 December 2005 at 7:59 PM

If the lil' bugga' was showing teeth, then it's possible the animators used Little Dragon's enhanced version with Mimic capabilities. I can't verify as I did not catch the program. Sincerely, Bill

Tempt the Hand of Fate and it'll give you the "finger"!

amberlover13 ( ) posted Sun, 18 December 2005 at 8:06 PM

Hi Bill, I don't think I've seen Little Dragon's version. But since I have it on DVR I am going to pull it up on my TV tomorrow and take some digital pics of it. Maybe that will solve any questions. I hate to admit it, but I got a little excited when I was watching and thought it was the housemouse....perhaps I need to get out more. LOl I've been doing Poser for a few years, and this is my first "sighting"....yep, definately need to get out more!

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Thu, 22 December 2005 at 6:27 AM

Had to see if they really did use my Mimic update in the production, so I hunted it down.

snlstuartlittlemousetrap9lt.gif

I've uploaded a full-length MPEG-1 clip of the commercial, with audio, to various file-hosting sites for your viewing pleasure. It's a 7.46MB download.

SaveFile.com
UploadHut.com (alternate download location)

ZippyVideos.com (streaming video)
YouTube.com (streaming video -- Flash required)

randym77 ( ) posted Fri, 23 December 2005 at 7:28 PM

So...is it yours???

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Sat, 24 December 2005 at 7:29 AM

Most likely, unless the production team modified Anton's original mesh in a similar manner.

The eyebrows were a nice touch. Wish I'd thought of it. If I ever update the Mimic version again, I'll add some optional transmapped brows to the head. They really contribute to the figure's expressiveness.

randym77 ( ) posted Sat, 24 December 2005 at 10:34 AM

Very cool!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.