Thu, Sep 19, 11:24 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 11:01 pm)

Subject: GLowball where'd it go?

nikitanights ( ) posted Tue, 27 December 2005 at 8:49 AM · edited Thu, 19 September 2024 at 9:39 PM

A few days ago someone told me to do a search on glowball.. I Did... but all the came up is promo images containing the related products "Used lighting Glowball - GI Lighting" by Zarabanda.. went to the merchants store and it's not there... so I'm wandering around aimlessly.. would someone be so kind as to throw me in the right direction on my glowball hunt? LoL. TY!

Acadia ( ) posted Tue, 27 December 2005 at 9:06 AM

I think it was "Gloworm", and it's at Daz.

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

Guida ( ) posted Tue, 27 December 2005 at 9:28 AM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/freestuff.ez?Form.Contrib=Zarabanda&Topsectionid=0

If it is what i think it used to be on freestuff, i just tried the link, and the site seems to be gone.. maybe IM the artist? :)

SnowSultan ( ) posted Tue, 27 December 2005 at 9:36 AM · edited Tue, 27 December 2005 at 9:38 AM

Attached Link: My original Globall

I made the original Glowball, and it's still available in Free Stuff. Zarabanda and others improved upon it with Python scripts, but I didn't know that their versions were gone.

Hope that helps. :) Take care.

SnowS (link fixed)

Message edited on: 12/27/2005 09:38

my DeviantArt page: http://snowsultan.deviantart.com/

I do not speak as a representative of DAZ, I speak only as a long-time member here. Be nice (and quit lying about DAZ) and I'll be nice too.

nikitanights ( ) posted Tue, 27 December 2005 at 12:23 PM

Thank you so much everyone. I did email Zarbanda to inquire on his modfied version.. but I also downloaded Snow Sultans as well! Claps You're all such a great helpers when I get lost. LoL Thanks again!

Zarabanda ( ) posted Sun, 24 July 2011 at 10:09 PM

for the record, I made GlowBall from scratch.  The name connection was purely coincidental

Khai-J-Bach ( ) posted Sun, 24 July 2011 at 10:16 PM

Prior Reseructum Incanto!

arise Thread 6 years gone and dead!

SteveJax ( ) posted Sun, 24 July 2011 at 10:41 PM · edited Sun, 24 July 2011 at 10:43 PM

Yay! Necro Dragons! You mission, should you accept it, is to necro the oldest thread you can find! This tape will self destruct in 20 seconds! 

Zarabanda ( ) posted Sun, 24 July 2011 at 10:49 PM

brainsssss

KimberlyC ( ) posted Mon, 25 July 2011 at 1:09 AM

Quote - Prior Reseructum Incanto!

arise Thread 6 years gone and dead!

:lol:

I seem to always giggle when this happens. shrugs

Zarabanda ( ) posted Mon, 25 July 2011 at 2:14 AM

i googled myself and this came up...logging into my account is necro to begin with, this just topped it off xD

Rance01 ( ) posted Mon, 25 July 2011 at 6:10 AM

Haaa,

I have the original globall.zip, along with the author SnowSultan, in the third CD of my collection.  My collection of CDs has long since grown to 20.

I made a segment of animation using that thing back in 2003.  Hours turned into days waiting for all the shadow maps to render ...

Great work, SnowSultan, the thing helped make beautiful renders.

Rªnce

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.