Sun, Oct 6, 6:02 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photography

Welcome to the Photography Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photography F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 12:22 pm)

Subject: One happy chappy

Cheers ( ) posted Tue, 27 December 2005 at 7:50 PM · edited Sun, 22 September 2024 at 9:11 PM

Well, I finally have a new toy to play with. Today I finally got my hands on a brand new Nikon D70s (as rare as knats piss here in the UK at the moment) and a SB-800 flash. God, the D200 was tempting for a while, but common sense prevailed...I preferred to get a cheaper body and some good quality glass for the money saved. Anyway, I thought I would share my joy...Ive been like a little kid this evening :P Cheers

Twitter: Follow @the3dscene

YouTube Channel

--------------- A life?! Cool!! Where do I download one of those?---------------

cynlee ( ) posted Tue, 27 December 2005 at 7:54 PM

congrats cheers & welcome!! :]

DJB ( ) posted Wed, 28 December 2005 at 12:29 AM

You should have a lot of fun with the D70.That is how I made my choice buying one. 2 lenses and body plus accessories, for the same price as one body and one lens only. The flash unit actually takes more skill learning than the camerea.

"The happiness of a man in this life does not consist in the absence but in the mastery of his passions."

PeeWee05 ( ) posted Wed, 28 December 2005 at 12:49 AM

And I sit here with my automatic!!! sniff

Rights Come With Responsibilities VAMP'hotography Website VAMP'hotography Blog

Cheers ( ) posted Wed, 28 December 2005 at 5:25 AM

Thanks folks. When I look back at the cameras I have had and compared the pictures that I have taken with them, the majority of the time it's been the less feature rich, easier to carry cameras that I have taken the best pictures with. I had an old Olympus 0M-1 for many years andit was almost like good pictures use to fall into that camera with little effort. I then paired that with a Nikon F90 (well it was a replacement but I couldn't let go of the Olympus :P), but out of the two I could get the better pictures out of the Olympus still. Finally the Olympus went about 4 years ago and was replaced by a Fuji 602 Pro. A great camera, but still with faults (could never get use to the LCD viewfinder), but again I seemed to get great pictures from it. The D200 wasn't the only camera on my list, so was a Fuji S3 Pro, but I had learnt my lesson... there is nothing to rival portability when choosing a camera and if you can do that and get great optics as well, then all the better, so don't sniff too much with your automatic PeeWee ;) Once again, thanks folks...and hoping to post my results up on the gallery soon :) Cheers

Twitter: Follow @the3dscene

YouTube Channel

--------------- A life?! Cool!! Where do I download one of those?---------------

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.