Sat, Aug 3, 12:17 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 03 7:14 am)

Subject: Starting Tomorrow: The Great Poser User Survey of 2006.

ynsaen ( ) posted Sat, 31 December 2005 at 7:14 PM ยท edited Thu, 18 July 2024 at 9:46 PM

Hi everyone. Now that I've likely managed to annoy more than a few over the last couple days, I figure I should take the time to sort of pre-announce what's starting up tomorrow. Some of you may recall that 2 years or so ago I did a survey of poser users to find out who used what and who owned what, and then made those results publically available. In the intervening while, I've revisited the concept off and on. I was going to run the survey this month (decemebr), but chose to wait until January in order to really give it a full months' run and collect as much data as humanly possible. This survey is much more detailed, and comes in two languages, courtesy of poser users just like us who happen to speak French and German. As before, this survey's results, the raw data from it, will be publically available to anyone who requests it. The survey is anonymous, and is not affiliated with any single site, inclusive of my own (although, for cost reasons, it is being hosted on a page that is on the same server and shares the domain, but is otherwise unrelated to my own site). Ir is totally independent, and will run from January 1st MST (that's GMT-7) through January 31st. It is intended as a tool to give us all a baseline from whcih we can look at the overall community in terms of the market itself. IT is not a survey about the features of poser. It's a survey about how we use poser, what we want from the merchants, and what we do with the stuff. It is also a bit more extensive than the last one, lol. IT does include demographic information. Look for the announcement tomorrow at several sites across the wide reach of posedom as I try to get as many people doing it as possible :) Have a happy new year, all!

thou and I, my friend, can, in the most flunkey world, make, each of us, one non-flunkey, one hero, if we like: that will be two heroes to begin with. (Carlyle)

obm890 ( ) posted Sun, 01 January 2006 at 2:17 AM

This is great news! I was about to start a thread to get some opinions on what is needed in the products I am making right now. Questions relating particularly to materials on props, like: - is it still necessary to make things plain-P4 compatible (BUM maps, rsr thumbs etc), Are most P5/P6 people using firefly (and the cool procedural textures) or is there still heavy reliance on 'old-fashioned' image-based ones? I hope users support the survey because it'll be really useful to help the merchants to focus their efforts in directions that benefit most. It would be great to be able to cut out unnecessary work when preparing stuff, legacy compatibility is one area. I was thinking the other day that the vast majority of users who buy stuff here must surely be using P5/P6 by now? The latest upgrade deal was really cheap (what was it, $100?) so anyone who hasn't upgraded either: a) Can't afford to (and never spends anything on poser anyway) or b) Is using a copy of P4 with a serial number of 'dubious origins' which can't be upgraded or c) Some other good reason I haven't thought of ;o) Anyway, I look forward to seeing the survey results, thanks for your hard work ynsaen ob

Casette ( ) posted Sun, 01 January 2006 at 4:24 AM

This survey is much more detailed, and comes in two languages, courtesy of poser users just like us who happen to speak French and German grunt I hope anytime any mod would remember us, poor HUGE spanish-speakers community ...

CASETTE
=======
"Poser isn't a SOFTWARE... it's a RELIGION!"

ynsaen ( ) posted Sun, 01 January 2006 at 12:13 PM

Casette, I really did try to get someone to translate into spanish for me, lol. I live in Arizona, and ya'd think someone would be able to take the time for me, lol. If you'd like to translate it, IM here and I'll set it up for you. THe survey will e live as soon as I finish testing on an outfit for V3 that will be a sort of reward for going through it -- sorry for the dealy, I allowed myself to get all caught up in a thread or two, lol...

thou and I, my friend, can, in the most flunkey world, make, each of us, one non-flunkey, one hero, if we like: that will be two heroes to begin with. (Carlyle)

Casette ( ) posted Mon, 02 January 2006 at 1:53 AM

Translated and sent ;)

CASETTE
=======
"Poser isn't a SOFTWARE... it's a RELIGION!"

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.