Sun, Aug 4, 12:19 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 03 7:14 am)

Subject: OT - Long Time Members

ratscloset ( ) posted Sat, 07 January 2006 at 3:55 PM

Anton Wrote Fourth Age of Poser Poser5 and 6 (Blogs appear. Bipolar people inherit the forums, mods with agendas, rampant phychos and quiet intrigues. Merchants go quiet and stop posting. Market starts shrinking faster to balance fast growth of third age.) This can't be right. You have been around before the 4th Age! (c; Seriously, I think all that has been here all along. That is why I exited the Forums for so many years! Came back to a whole new landscape. (Felt like Rip Van Winkle a little.)

ratscloset
aka John

brycetech ( ) posted Sat, 07 January 2006 at 5:28 PM

back to pfo and I too remember the site wars, when the stores started, the uproar that caused I remember when if you even SAID the name of another site, you got bashed. I remember when things finally chilled and everyone finally started getting along (sorta). I remember getting to use poser imports in Bryce... While I was primarily "Bryce", poser was the #1 program used with it and while it was "heresy" to actually use poser in Bryce..I remember the ruckus it caused to do it because you weren't "pure". oooo..and how about the off topic forum? heh...there was a place to see fur fly! lol BT

ynsaen ( ) posted Sat, 07 January 2006 at 7:35 PM

ok, dug it out of my old stuff (gah, that was horrific). December 8th, 1999. I had bumped intot he site a couple months earlier, saw some pics that caught my interest. gettin me back into lurking mode, though, that's the real challenge...

thou and I, my friend, can, in the most flunkey world, make, each of us, one non-flunkey, one hero, if we like: that will be two heroes to begin with. (Carlyle)

Latexluv ( ) posted Sat, 07 January 2006 at 7:54 PM

I'd say it was 1999, just a few weeks before the change over from PFO to Renderosity. I was called Dreamspinner then and was messing around with Poser 3 and Bryce 4.

"A lonely climber walks a tightrope to where dreams are born and never die!" - Billy Thorpe, song: Edge of Madness, album: East of Eden's Gate

Weapons of choice:

Poser Pro 2012, SR2, Paintshop Pro 8

egaeus ( ) posted Sat, 07 January 2006 at 9:23 PM

file_317032.jpg

I apprently joined in 5/21/2000 after buying Poser 4 on eBay. Funny, but since then I don't recall there being a significant change in how people express themselves in forums. In fact, most forums, mailing lists, etc., have always seemed seem kind of the same -- helpful people mixed with antagonists, people who want to stay on topic vs. people who want to stray. I remember DAZ when it was Zygote and people complaining because they felt Vicky was unattractive. Now people complain because she looks like a supermodel. I don't think the first Vicky looked so bad -- here's a render of her for those who never met her.

Mike

Mike

Keith ( ) posted Sat, 07 January 2006 at 9:56 PM

February 12, 1999. What do I win?

Bobasaur ( ) posted Sun, 08 January 2006 at 1:01 AM

"What do I win?" A date with the first Vicky. Rumor has it (at least egaeus says) she's quite attractive. You may end up in a temple with her but at least there's no dress code. And she can't get pregnant. [grin]

Before they made me they broke the mold!
http://home.roadrunner.com/~kflach/

smallspace ( ) posted Sun, 08 January 2006 at 1:08 AM

Well, the listing says, April 16, 1999, but I go along way back before that. Back to the Willow days before the 1st split...long before bondware. Hey, who else besides me ever used Poser 1, (on a Mac) or Poser 2 (on a PC)? -SMT

I'd rather stay in my lane than lay in my stain!

nruddock ( ) posted Sun, 08 January 2006 at 1:16 AM

Looks like I qualify, Sept. 2001

nomad ( ) posted Sun, 08 January 2006 at 3:40 PM

Friday, August 13, 1999 is what Renderosity has on file, but I joined Willow's Poser Fourm "The Old Renderosity" back in 1997 I do believe. Everything here was FREE and Poser 3.0 was owned by Metacreations. Unlike most people here I liked Willow & Grey and hope that I can chat with them again someday soon. Graphics Software has came along way since the early days of 3D Fractal "1991" when I started working with this stuff. Glad to see the younger folks taking interest in 3D Graphics. A ton of great artist out there. -=Nomad=-

wheatpenny ( ) posted Sun, 08 January 2006 at 3:53 PM
Site Admin

When I first started, it was after thye renderosity-PFO site war, but i was a member of both, and got along great with both. I knew a little about the site-war, but never really gave it much thought.

Jeff

Renderosity Senior Moderator

Hablo español

Ich spreche Deutsch

Je parle français

Mi parolas Esperanton. Ĉu vi?

PoseWorks ( ) posted Sun, 08 January 2006 at 8:16 PM

Attached Link: http://www.wooyah.com

The PFO started in mid-98, I believe. Willow left Poserland permanently a couple of years ago; I doubt that she'll be back. Ian went underground; I believe that he's sitting out there in lurk mode, but I haven't spoken to him in several years. Most of the PFO's old staff and regulars (Dave_L, Heidi, RHatch, Lady Apphoenix, nite, and Tygerlander, among others) wound up at Wooyah, a site which still maintains the "free spirit" of the old days. We have RHatch to thank for inventing the MAT pose, for any of you young-uns in need of a history lesson. ;-)

slinger ( ) posted Sun, 08 January 2006 at 9:12 PM

I've been here since March 09, 2001 Hey, does that mean I get an extra vacation day on March 09 this year for 5 years service? ~rofl~

The liver is evil - It must be punished.

tastiger ( ) posted Sun, 08 January 2006 at 11:25 PM

The PFO started in mid-98, I believe. That sounds about right - on my first visits to PFO I seem to recall perhaps one forum and a few downloads that were updated once a week - Wasn't it once called "Poser Freestuff" prior to Poser Forum Online?

The supreme irony of life is that hardly anyone gets out of it alive.
Robert A. Heinlein

11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-11900K @ 3.50GHz   3.50 GHz
64.0 GB (63.9 GB usable)
Geforce RTX 3060 12 GB
Windows 11 Pro

PoseWorks ( ) posted Sun, 08 January 2006 at 11:56 PM

No, it was always PFO (although the name may have truncated during its first week or two of life on the bseen boards, can't recall). The Funstuff section was always an important staple of the site, however--and proved to be a sore point when the PFO left poserforum.com (what is now Renderosity), which is why Renderosity has "Freestuff" today.

tastiger ( ) posted Mon, 09 January 2006 at 12:15 AM · edited Mon, 09 January 2006 at 12:19 AM

Thats it - Funstuff

I knew it was something stuff
I was trying to recall some of the members from when I first joined the PFO (apart from those mentioned such as Willow etc) but the only ones that really stick in my mind are Ghost, Paul Haefi and Phil C

Message edited on: 01/09/2006 00:19

The supreme irony of life is that hardly anyone gets out of it alive.
Robert A. Heinlein

11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-11900K @ 3.50GHz   3.50 GHz
64.0 GB (63.9 GB usable)
Geforce RTX 3060 12 GB
Windows 11 Pro

ShadowWind ( ) posted Mon, 09 January 2006 at 5:04 PM

I joined in August 2001 I think...just after I got Bryce...

Nance ( ) posted Mon, 09 January 2006 at 7:56 PM · edited Mon, 09 January 2006 at 8:06 PM

2/15/99 here, -- the week we all had to sign up again IIRC -- and was "floydd" at PFO before that.

Looks like, other than Tim Choate, it may be Dave_L, bushi or JeffH that was first in all with 2/10/99. (someone musta slipped them a hot tip to beat the rest of us hoy-palloy).

Great thread tas. Shaking a bunch of old familiar names outta the shadows.

heh -- just resorted members list and saw that Roy Riggs (remember "fur"?) had the thing set up and listed himself on 12/24/98 - and he passed through here again just last month.
btw, I think it was a piece posted somewhere by bushi of a NVIATWAS (actually with P3 Fem) battling some skeletons that led me to see what the heck this Poser app was. Still have that image around here somewhere

Message edited on: 01/09/2006 20:06

Hawkfyr ( ) posted Mon, 09 January 2006 at 7:59 PM

That's because Roy was the site programmer at the time. Bondware was called "Egenet" back then IIRC. Tom

“The fact that no one understands you…Doesn’t make you an artist.”

elizabyte ( ) posted Mon, 09 January 2006 at 10:35 PM

I've been a member here since 2000. My membership data only shows 2002, but something happened to the account (timed out or some such) and when it was renewed, it had the new date. However, my first item purchase here was in 2000 and it was something made by ClintH! :-) I remember when this site didn't even have any means to change your own email address, and you had to write to an administrator to get them to do it for you, back in the days when Posette still ruled the roost and Vicki was sometimes known as Millie (short for Millenium). bonni

"When a man gives his opinion, he's a man. When a woman gives her opinion, she's a bitch." - Bette Davis

DCArt ( ) posted Tue, 10 January 2006 at 5:23 AM

Things I remember ... Poppi's first "pop ... pop ... Poppi" The first Friday Night Redhead The first "Big Boob Weekly" The Pink Pony Endless numbers of "Hot 20" and nudity posts The California Dreaming thread I'm sure I'll think of more!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.