Fri, Sep 20, 1:35 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 11:01 pm)

Subject: How do you remove frames from a timeline?

Phantast ( ) posted Wed, 11 January 2006 at 4:55 AM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 1:35 AM

Whenever I create a new pz3 file it always comes with 30 frames in the timeline. Since I'm not doing animations, I don't need this. How does one trim a scene down to a single frame? There must be a way, but I can't find it.

BARTWORX ( ) posted Wed, 11 January 2006 at 5:00 AM

The way i doi it: Click on the "frame 30" box in the time line option . When you click on that 30 you get a litle box where you can punch in a amount of frame's "so make 50 instead of 30... You can also change that to 1... So from frame 1 to 1 ... Chris

Not used anymore

Phantast ( ) posted Wed, 11 January 2006 at 7:20 AM

Aha - thanks!

vladster ( ) posted Wed, 11 January 2006 at 11:04 AM

If you don't actually put anything in the other frames they are not saved. It makes no difference in the size of the pz3 if you leave it at default of 30

nerd ( ) posted Wed, 11 January 2006 at 12:47 PM
Forum Moderator

If you really never do animation save the "one frame" scene as your preferred state.

Bobasaur ( ) posted Wed, 11 January 2006 at 1:00 PM · edited Wed, 11 January 2006 at 1:00 PM

Even when I'm not animating, I find the short timeline useful.

I often try several poses or camera locations. By putting them in different frames, I can mix and match and easily compare them to determine which I ultimately like best. Then I render out just that frame. It kind of ends up being a makeshift "multiple undo."

Message edited on: 01/11/2006 13:00

Before they made me they broke the mold!
http://home.roadrunner.com/~kflach/

Phantast ( ) posted Thu, 12 January 2006 at 4:54 AM

There are two things here: One is that if there is only one frame in the pz3, it simplifies importing the file into Vue. The other is that sometimes I like to use one frame from the middle of a walk cycle, but I don't want all the others in the pz3.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.