Sun, Sep 15, 12:13 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 14 10:05 pm)

Subject: Baby Dragon has arrived at DAZ

ratscloset ( ) posted Thu, 12 January 2006 at 10:37 PM ยท edited Thu, 29 August 2024 at 4:09 PM

Just to let those who are waiting in the waiting room.. there be Dragons

Two versions in the DAZ Original Section of the Store

ratscloset
aka John

pakled ( ) posted Thu, 12 January 2006 at 10:44 PM

I am a patient boy, I wait I wait I wait I wait, please don't leave me to remain, everybody moving, everybody moving moving moving moving..
-Fugazi, the Waiting Room
..sorry..don't know what brought that on..;)

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

ratscloset ( ) posted Thu, 12 January 2006 at 11:41 PM

file_318298.jpg

Here is a picture of it napping after its first meal!

ratscloset
aka John

Gareee ( ) posted Thu, 12 January 2006 at 11:55 PM

Hey RC.. didja get them both, or just the hatchling? I'm not seeing a whole lot of difference, but the price was cheap, so I got the both anyway. I also got the new castle creator.. I'll look at it, and see if it's as morphable as the fantasy castle was.

Way too many people take way too many things way too seriously.

ratscloset ( ) posted Fri, 13 January 2006 at 12:45 AM

I got them both, and have already put in a request for refund on Dragonling. They seem to be the same creature with just different Scaling and slight differences in some Preset Head Morphs. (Show up as Black Bars but 0% Morph in D|S! There is some minor differnces in the Objs, File Size wise, but we are talking bits.

ratscloset
aka John

Gareee ( ) posted Fri, 13 January 2006 at 1:02 AM

I may end up doing the same thing. I wonder if the obj changes are going to affect any morph expansions for the dragon himself?

Gareee ( ) posted Fri, 13 January 2006 at 1:05 AM

Ok, just checked.. poly count is the same, and it looks like the changes are not morph applications, but are actual mesh changes. Although I'm almost willing to bet that morphs were applied, and then the mesh was exported, and then used as the new base mesh.

ratscloset ( ) posted Fri, 13 January 2006 at 1:30 AM

Yes, I think that is what it is. Taking the limits off and matching up the Bars on the two figures for all the Morphs gets them so nearly Identical I was losing track of which figure I was working on. I can get the head of the Hatchling to look darn close to the Dragonling by applying Negative Morph to the Croc Head and Flat Brows. The Dragonling does not have those Morphs, but does have one called Flat Head that the Hatchling does not have along with a few others, so there are some differences.

ratscloset
aka John

Acadia ( ) posted Fri, 13 January 2006 at 6:53 AM

hehe, did you see what it says for the hatchling?

Quote - Note: although the hatchling is usually a well-mannered tyke, caution is urged when burping after feeding!

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

randym77 ( ) posted Fri, 13 January 2006 at 9:09 AM

Don't really have any need for baby dragons. I bought the MilDragon 2, and still haven't used it.

But I like the dragon egg DAZ is selling. At first I thought it was silly - who would buy eggs, when it's so easy to make one yourself with a sphere primitive and a magnet? But then I looked at the promo images. It's a very cool egg. Lots of morphs, including a "dino egg" morph. And you can crack it, and put raw egg or boiled egg inside. Hee. I'm leaning against buying the hatchling or dragonling, but I'll probably buy the egg eventually.

cindyx ( ) posted Fri, 13 January 2006 at 9:33 AM

This forum is so helpful!! I was undecided whether to purchase one or both... and I thought I'd check out the Forum here to see if there was any info posted about it. Sure enough, I found this thread! I appreciate it!!

jonfe ( ) posted Fri, 13 January 2006 at 10:00 AM

So, if you had to choose one of the two, which would it be, based on the variety of morphs included ? Jon /who cannot make up his mind on which is which/

ratscloset ( ) posted Fri, 13 January 2006 at 10:18 AM

I like the Hatchling the best. The Dragonling I think would be easy to duplicate by upping the scale on the Hatchling, or downing the scale on the Mil Dragon. For those that do not have the Mil Dragon, either of these are good subs, especially at the price.

ratscloset
aka John

Gareee ( ) posted Fri, 13 January 2006 at 10:18 AM

I'd go with th ehatchling myself. You could always scale down and see the mil dragon's morphs to simulate a juvenile. (The baby's head is larger, and I thik his wings are larger as well.)

jonfe ( ) posted Fri, 13 January 2006 at 10:27 AM ยท edited Fri, 13 January 2006 at 10:29 AM

Thank you both. I do have the M/D (both of them actually), but it's a b#$%& ahem beast to work with.

I'll probably go for the smaller one - unless that intact charity voucher and PC discount burn a hole at my account pocket... Oooh and that egg sure looks lovely :)

Message edited on: 01/13/2006 10:29

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.