Sat, Sep 21, 9:29 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Carrara

Welcome to the Carrara Forum

Forum Coordinators: Kalypso

Carrara F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 07 1:44 am)

Visit the Carrara Gallery here.

Carrara Free Stuff here.

Visit the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Can I select all edges (select all) in model room - C5 Demo

woodboat ( ) posted Fri, 13 January 2006 at 9:43 AM · edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 7:23 PM

Hello, I'm very new to Carrara and am unable to find the command to select all the edges of a model to crease and eliminate the smoothing. In the model room, C5 Demo, model is imported from Cinema4D. Model is complicated and the scene I imported to experiment with has many models in it - ie: many edges to crease. Carrara seems to have smoothed everything regardless of angle of adjoining edges when some were smoothed and some not in the original. It sure would be nice to be able to select all edges then set the angle degree to smooth and not to smooth all at once. Is that possible? Many thanks. wb Oh yes, I am reading the .pdf user guide - REALLY! But it is over 900 pages, repetitive, the pics are near zero res. I guess this is just the Demo version - sure hope so! Anyway I am at page 736. Still can't find what I need here.... regards, wb

MarkBremmer ( ) posted Fri, 13 January 2006 at 11:47 AM · edited Fri, 13 January 2006 at 11:54 AM

It is possible. With the model open and completely selected in the Vertex Room, choose the pull down menu named "Model" and travel down to "Crease Edges..." A dialog box will open allowing you to determine the range of angle to crease.

Unless your entire scene is constructed as a single model, you'll have to do this for each model. :-P

Mark

Message edited on: 01/13/2006 11:54

woodboat ( ) posted Fri, 13 January 2006 at 1:15 PM

Thank you Mark - just wht I was looking for. And yes, naturally, there are quite a lot of separate models to do this to!!! Guess I'll be figuring out how to model in Cararra soon! ;)

whkguamusa ( ) posted Fri, 13 January 2006 at 4:28 PM

You can do one better in the assembly room (vs one by one in the vm) in C5 Select all the models you want to change the smoothing on. Look under the "Edit" drop down menu, near the bottom is the option to change the smoothing of the selected objects. There you can do what you want to do. wayne k guam usa

MarkBremmer ( ) posted Fri, 13 January 2006 at 4:31 PM

I keep learning this program :-) Thanks Wayne.

woodboat ( ) posted Fri, 13 January 2006 at 8:26 PM

Thank you both, The model room works for me - maybe the assby. room function is disabled in the Demo version - but is something to remember when I get the real software. regards, wb.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.