Sun, Sep 15, 11:58 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 14 4:17 pm)

Subject: Eco-Hair Redux - This time with a handy/dandy hair rig

dburdick ( ) posted Fri, 13 January 2006 at 6:54 PM · edited Tue, 02 July 2024 at 2:53 PM

file_318386.jpg

I think I'm on to something with this Eco-Hair idea. I created a simple rig that attaches to V3 to use as the base for adding eco-hair widgets. You simply attach the rig inside Vue and then add eco-hair widgets to whichever part of the rig you like. The rig is made up of 5 areas - the cap, temple ring, middle ring, lower ring and the neck ring. After getting the right eco formation on any part of the rig, you make the underlying material portion of the rig invisible and move on to the next part until the hair is built up. I still need to figure out the right type of hair widgets to use and play with the widget textures a bit, but I think I'm on the right track here. Any ideas or comments?

svdl ( ) posted Fri, 13 January 2006 at 8:44 PM

Looks very cool! I think the hair widgets could use some more transparency, they still look somewhat too solid. Maybe a widget consisting of two helices, one inside the other? Anyway, very interesting work!

The pen is mightier than the sword. But if you literally want to have some impact, use a typewriter

My gallery   My freestuff

dburdick ( ) posted Sat, 14 January 2006 at 3:30 PM

file_318387.jpg

How about this one. I made the hair widget thinner and added a trans map. I still need to tweak the hair texture and specular highlights.

svdl ( ) posted Sat, 14 January 2006 at 7:10 PM

Getting better and better! One of the definite advantages of this method is the avoidance of the "flat" look of standard Poser transmapped hair.

The pen is mightier than the sword. But if you literally want to have some impact, use a typewriter

My gallery   My freestuff

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.