Sun, Sep 15, 11:50 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 14 4:17 pm)

Subject: New Vue Python in 5.09 - SkinVue Scripts

dburdick ( ) posted Tue, 17 January 2006 at 8:29 PM · edited Thu, 15 August 2024 at 5:56 PM

Attached Link: http://www.skinvue.net/SkinVueMaterialSwapperv2.zip

I fixed the SkinVue Material Swapper Python Scripts for the PC and Mac for the Vue 5I 5.09 beta release. You can download them here:

http://www.skinvue.net/SkinVueMaterialSwapperv2.zip

The new scripts eliminate the need to exit and restart Vue to clear the material list browser (Thanks e-on!!!). They are screaming fast as well.

I will be working over the next month on re-writting the interface of SkinVue to make it completely interactive. The good folks at e-on introduced the ability to access and modify material function graphs directly from Python. My hope is that you will never have to enter the dark and dangerous world of the function editor again (lol). I'm shooting for March at the latest to get the new version out although there are a number of wonderful snowstorms on the way here in Reno/Tahoe which could interrupt this schedule by forcing me to spend some quality time on the slopes (real ecosystems).

estherau ( ) posted Wed, 18 January 2006 at 4:41 AM

So will this new python thingy enable us to do one click toon rendering with cel shading? Love esther

MY ONLINE COMIC IS NOW LIVE

I aim to update it about once a month.  Oh, and it's free!

dburdick ( ) posted Wed, 18 January 2006 at 4:11 PM

estherau, Maybe not with one click, perhaps two (LOL). I spent a couple of hours playing with the new Vue Python FunctionGraph routines. They still have a ways to go to provide full access to all function parameters, but they have designed a wonderful architecture to do this. I'm really looking forward to the next couple of beta releases.

estherau ( ) posted Wed, 18 January 2006 at 7:16 PM

I CAN LIVE WITH TWO OR EVEN THREE. oops excuse caps. Can't wait to see what you come up with. Love esther

svdl ( ) posted Thu, 19 January 2006 at 12:58 PM

Yess! Good news on the Python front indeed.

The pen is mightier than the sword. But if you literally want to have some impact, use a typewriter

My gallery   My freestuff

R_Vargus ( ) posted Mon, 23 January 2006 at 2:39 AM

This really looks great!!

Richmathews ( ) posted Mon, 23 January 2006 at 4:09 AM

Have the SkinVue stuff change that much since when it was free? I downloaded the free stuff, but just wondered if the $30 price (wow! that's high) is worth it. I can see the results are superb, but are the functions any different from what I already have? Thanks Rich

estherau ( ) posted Mon, 23 January 2006 at 4:20 AM

where is it for sale? love esther

Richmathews ( ) posted Mon, 23 January 2006 at 4:26 AM

If you go to www.skinvue.net, there is a store bit there and a link to buy it.

Richmathews ( ) posted Mon, 23 January 2006 at 5:26 AM

ok, just had more of a read about the skinvue2. When is this going to be available and is it going to be for the same $30. I definately like the look of this. Also, took a look at the link to the picture in the gallery here. The comparison of Vue and P6 renders. Both amazing, but the face on the vue render looked very 'noisy'. Has this been sorted out in the new release or since the picture was done? Thanks again, the price doesn't seem so much now I've seem the user interface stuff etc!! Nice!

dburdick ( ) posted Mon, 23 January 2006 at 3:13 PM

Yes, SkinVuw will still be priced at $30 and will be free to upgrade for exisiting users. The noise in the Uwe Mattern render you're referring to related to how much skin noise or bump you wish to add. This can be manually adjusted in the SkinVue mats today and will wil lbe fully automated in Version 2. It's a taste thing versus a Vue thing.

Richmathews ( ) posted Sun, 05 February 2006 at 1:40 PM

on the site it says you can buy it from corn....blah place, but I can't find it anywhere on there. Is it not up yet??

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.