Mon, Oct 21, 11:08 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 21 9:06 pm)

Subject: Figure Heights, Sizes, and Measurements?

BastBlack ( ) posted Fri, 20 January 2006 at 1:52 PM · edited Thu, 05 September 2024 at 12:50 AM

Attached Link: http://poserpros.daz3d.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=42600&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=supermod

On the thread below, there are some female mesaurements, but that's all.

http://poserpros.daz3d.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=42600&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=supermodel&start=0

Code:
Bust UnderB W H Tall
Mike 3 38 31.5 37.5 6' 1"

Code:

Figure Height Bust* Band Cup Waist Hips Dress Figure Size
Victoria III 5' 10.5" 38.5" 29.5 38D 27.5" 36.5" 12 Tall L - 12
Stepanie Petite 5' 5.5" 33.5" 26.5 34C 23" 33" 8 Juniors S - 3
Glamorus Jessi 5' 7.5" 33.5" 24.5 34D 21" 33" 8 Juniors S - 3
Ingenue Vickie 5' 2" 31.5" 23 30A 23" 31" 2 Petites XS - 0
Glamorous Vickie 6' 36" ND ND 24" 36.5" 10 Tall S - 6
Supermodel V 5' 11" 36" ND ND 22.5" 35" 10 Tall S - 6
Posette 5' 8" 36.5" 27.5 36D 23 32.5 8 Tall S - 6
The Girl 5' 6.5" 36" 23 36EEE 17 30.5 8 Juniors M - 7
Aiko 5' 5.5" 32.5" 24 30C 19 32 4 Juniors XS - 1
Laura
Jessi

I'm hoping there is information out there for more than just the female characters included. Does anyone mesaurements for:

David, Hiro, Matt, Maddie, Luke, Laura, Alexa2, Apollo, Miki, Koji, and Maya/Anime Doll? Even Mil Cat, and Dog sizes would be useful when placing them in a scene with people.

Any info you have would be helpful!
Thanks.

bB

Message edited on: 01/20/2006 13:53

Jim Burton ( ) posted Fri, 20 January 2006 at 7:32 PM

Your welcome to do your own... ;-) I'll tell you how I did all of the ones I measured: I took the OBJ files into Max and measured them using the 1 Poser unit = 96" convention. All the diameters were done by sectioning the mesh at the right spot and measuring around it with a wire, which I then straightened and measured. The actual measurements transfers were done by making a Max box of the same size and then using the readout for the length. E-Z, what? ;=)

BastBlack ( ) posted Fri, 20 January 2006 at 10:33 PM

LOL. Amazing trick you figured out. Very useful stuff. Unfortunately, Max is not an option for me. I wonder if it would be possible to make something like easy pose measuring tape so you could do measurements inside Poser? There are some rulers and callipers for Poser, but no measuring tape. Hmm... bB

byAnton ( ) posted Fri, 20 January 2006 at 10:39 PM

Poser height is subjective. In truth there is no true way to say since props, enviornments, etc don't conform to the same units. Everything varies. You'd have to compare all known realistics to date. Best would be to take the tallest male realistic and the smallest demale realistic adults, and then compile a range from them. Say tallest adult male is 6'4" and smallest adult female is 5'4". That gives you a foot to play with.

-Anton, creator of Apollo Maximus
"Conviction without truth is denial; Denial in the face of truth is concealment."

Over 100,000 Downloads....

Jim Burton ( ) posted Sat, 21 January 2006 at 10:15 AM

Attached Link: Danger, Nudity! (IV and Mike)

The only really important thing I did in Max was the sections; it is hard to get a good measurement around an irregular shape (like a woman's chest) without wrapping a wire or string around it. Maybe you could do something clever with the grouping tool in Poser; I seldom use that, so I don't really know. Anton made a good point, it is all relative in the 3D world, don't get too hung up on exact size, it is the relative size that counts. Ingenue Vickie is probably the smallest adult female, I'd guess, put her next to V3 and you see a huge difference. One reason I made her that small is V3 sort of towers over Mike when she wears heels- IV doesn't tower over anybody. ;-)

BastBlack ( ) posted Sat, 21 January 2006 at 11:36 AM · edited Sat, 21 January 2006 at 11:38 AM

Thanks for the thoughts. :)

pout Subjective is too sloppy. I would perfer exact sizes for everything (like the real word where measurements are not subjective). I would love to put an end to chairs too large for figures and other prop sized boo-boos. I wonder if maybe the Python Gods could come up with a solution?

I could take the group tool to waists, and painfully select each polygon, and rotate them one at a time to a flat plane. UVMapper distorts polygons, right? Flattening a standing figure on the Z would be easy, but would it give exact results?

Apollo's shape, size, and height can vary widely, so he's outside of measurements, but it might be fun to create ADS poses with certain men's sizes already figured out. Perhaps. Heck, some famious men measurements applied to Apollo would be fun, like big guy the Rock and little guy Mini Me. :)

I wonder where one could find that kind size/measurement information? Hmmm....

p.s. IV is a true petitie, isn't she? SP is not. SP is more like a average women's size, while V3 is an amazon! =o

bB

Message edited on: 01/21/2006 11:38

Jim Burton ( ) posted Sat, 21 January 2006 at 2:55 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

file_320046.jpg

*p.s. IV is a true petitie, isn't she? SP is not. SP is more like a average women's size, while V3 is an amazon!* I agree with that. ;-) Here is a shot of IV next to SP, same texture, same hair, same pose (IV's high-heel feet put her on tiptoe), you can see the difference in height. SP's head is also too small for a typical small women (the thought is that heads should be bigger in proportion the smaller the frame), IV's head is actually fully V3's size.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.