Sun, Oct 6, 6:53 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 8:40 pm)

Subject: Koz hair for V3 in P6 problem

destro75 ( ) posted Sun, 22 January 2006 at 7:40 AM · edited Thu, 03 October 2024 at 7:06 PM

Hey all, I'm having a problem with the Kozaburo hair in P6. The only one Poser is letting me add to the scene is Long Hair Evo, and that comes in with a wireframe view, and won't change no matter what. All the other styles just give me the message that it is not a valid Poser file. Anyone have any ideas? I did rearrange the file placement. I didn't like how it created its own separate Runtime. Could that be the problem? Do I need to leave the path alone when I unzip them? That would be a real PITA, but I guess I couldn't complain based on the price ;-) Thanks in advance!

randym77 ( ) posted Sun, 22 January 2006 at 8:00 AM · edited Sun, 22 January 2006 at 8:01 AM

Unzip it to a dummy folder, then move the entire runtime it creates where you want.

Message edited on: 01/22/2006 08:01

destro75 ( ) posted Sun, 22 January 2006 at 8:05 AM

Yeah, that's what I did. And all of the styles are properly showing up in my library, but I can't use any of them. The Long Hair Evo comes out totally untextured, even if I specifically set the element style to textured, and all of the other styles don't import to the scene, they just cause Poser to issue the "This is not a valid Poser file" message.

randym77 ( ) posted Sun, 22 January 2006 at 8:08 AM

Does the Long Hair Evo look okay when rendered? Which hairstyles are giving you the error message?

stahlratte ( ) posted Sun, 22 January 2006 at 8:34 AM

Just tested LongHairEvo, Kyoko and the new shortBob in P6. No problems at all, apart from the fact that "!*& Frirefly makes the textures look like crap. (LONG LIVE THE P4 RENDERER !) ^-^ All my Kozaburo hairs are in a P4 Runtime linked to P6. (My P5 and P6 runtimes only contain P5/6 default stuff) I did NOT install SR2 because P6 runs fine on my system as is. (PMD is disabled and Obz are uncompressed) I usually unzip files to check and then manually copy the included runtime folder int my P4 runtime. stahlratte

randym77 ( ) posted Sun, 22 January 2006 at 8:36 AM

Adjust the shading rate, and the textures look fine.

destro75 ( ) posted Sun, 22 January 2006 at 8:43 AM

Okay, I just test-rendered the Long Hair Evo, and yes, it does render correctly. I guess it would just be a PITA to style it but it will work. The short answer on which ones don't work is all of the others. Examples are Long Hair V3, Koz's Pony, Messy Hair, Short Hair Evo. These all just spit back the message that the file being read is not a valid Poser file. It just doesn't make any sense. I have used the Koz hair on Jessi since P6 was released. I never had any problems. The Koz hair has always been fantastic for me. That's why I figured I would use it on Vicky now.

destro75 ( ) posted Sun, 22 January 2006 at 8:44 AM

I did install SR2 back when it was released. I haven't had any problems with it yet, and my system was running fine before the patch. Do you think it might be a problem with SR2? Now THAT would be a major PITA.

randym77 ( ) posted Sun, 22 January 2006 at 8:46 AM

No, it's not a problem with SR2. I have SR2, and Koz's hair works fine for me.

stahlratte ( ) posted Sun, 22 January 2006 at 8:56 AM

Just tested V3 with ShortHair, MessyHair and PonyHair.

No problems at all.

Cant help you with SR2. I just saw too many folks reporting problems AFTER they installed it, so I stayed away.

Maybe you could try to create a new Runtime just for the KOZ hair ?

stahlratte

richardson ( ) posted Sun, 22 January 2006 at 9:07 AM

The cr2 can be changed in Word to get full preview ( have to do a search) or you can use another Hair (P6 full preview)matpose to force it to work. I personally keep all geometries and textures on the Main P6 Runtime. Along with the (Runtime>libraries>DAZ, etc)folders and copies of added python scripts (safety). I work out of another Runtime (linked and then Edit Prefed), though. Seems to be stable but has a very small lag (1-2 seconds). All the massive V3, M3 inj folders are here with poses, matposes, matroom, python scripts,,etc. I don't get filesearches anymore.

destro75 ( ) posted Sun, 22 January 2006 at 9:17 AM

Okay, I deleted all of the files, and re-unzipped them all into my runtime again. Now it seems like they all import. I still don't have textures showing on them in the preview though. It's just strange. I'm glad I at least have them working, but it still doesn't make any sense, especially since the hair I tested before actually renders okay. Blasted OpenGL preview! Thanks for the help all!

randym77 ( ) posted Sun, 22 January 2006 at 9:23 AM

All my content is in external runtimes (except the !DAZ folder, and other similar folder required for morph injections). I've found Poser runs a lot faster if you have as little content in the Poser folder as possible. I have SR2 installed, and have no problem with Koz's hair.

I tried re-downloading the Short Hair Evolution, and it worked fine if I just installed it directly to the runtime.

It shows as wireframe because that's how Koz designed it. A lot of hair designers do that.

destro75 ( ) posted Sun, 22 January 2006 at 9:24 AM

richardson, yeah, that was it! I changed the displayMode to TEXTURESHADED and now the hair comes in just fine. Thanks a bunch!

destro75 ( ) posted Sun, 22 January 2006 at 9:27 AM

Thanks randym77. I never DL hair. I have just always used the default stuff. I've been using Poser for years, but I still act like a noob. I was actually working with dynamic hair on V3, but I wound up getting frustrated and just going for "easy." Anyway, I have it all working perfectly now thanks to the suggestions given. Thanks again to all!

Staale ( ) posted Tue, 24 January 2006 at 3:08 PM

This is my fault, in P4 a transparent material is shown as tiny dots, so i gave Kozaburo the idea of presetting the displayMode to vertex lines in the cr2 (hair is mostly hr2, but there is no difference in the file syntax) so that people could see how to pose and morph the hair properly. You can fix this by changing the display mode in the cr2 (it's near the end of the file) or changing it in poser (Display>Element Style or Display>Figure Style) and resaving the file. In the cr2 file (hr2) search for: displayMode WIREFRAME and replace with: displayMode USEPARENT You can also use specific render modes, but useparent is standard as it (obviously) uses the mode of the parent. If i remember correctly parent is the document style, or maybe it was figure style? Staale

randym77 ( ) posted Tue, 24 January 2006 at 3:48 PM

I don't mind the wireframe. In Poser 6, items with a transparency map are completely invisible in preview mode. No dots, no nothing.

I have tried adjusting it, but nothing really works.

destro75 ( ) posted Wed, 25 January 2006 at 5:46 AM

I was able to fix it by changing displayMode to TEXTURESHADED. No big deal really, once you know what the issue is. Thanks for posting! And don't sweat it, no harm, no foul. It is actually a pretty good idea, once you know what you are dealing with.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.