Wed, Sep 18, 3:35 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: New WIP...advice on the light please

chohole ( ) posted Tue, 31 January 2006 at 12:10 PM · edited Tue, 06 August 2024 at 7:48 PM

file_322638.jpg

Does this look too bright for a Braw, bricht moonlit nicht? I think maybe it does, but if I tome the light down I lose details. I am using the sun as the moon at low level and with a blue grey colouration.

The greatest part of wisdom is learning to develop  the ineffable genius of extracting the "neither here nor there" out of any situation...."

marcfx ( ) posted Tue, 31 January 2006 at 12:47 PM

Well, I've seen a bright night like this before under a huge full moon, so your closer to it in Scotland than down here in Hampshire (he he)......maybe a slightly more blue tint to it would help......lovely scene anyway, well done

Smile, your dead a long time :)

chohole ( ) posted Tue, 31 January 2006 at 1:36 PM

Hey I am closer to you than you think Mark. I am in Surrey.

The greatest part of wisdom is learning to develop  the ineffable genius of extracting the "neither here nor there" out of any situation...."

marcfx ( ) posted Tue, 31 January 2006 at 1:41 PM

LOL It was the "Braw, bricht moonlit nicht" that through me! LOL

Smile, your dead a long time :)

pumecobann ( ) posted Tue, 31 January 2006 at 2:25 PM

Like marc said, plus I'd enable shadows for the spindles/rails - it doesn't look as if they're casting shadows as it as right now.

Len.

The wait can be horrific, but the outcome can be worse - pumeco 2006

Sans2012 ( ) posted Tue, 31 January 2006 at 2:46 PM

Sometimes for a more dramatic night scene you have to sacrifice some detail for a more realistic light cast. The imagination of the viewer should fill in the rest of the details for you:) -Michael

I never intended to make art.

Quest ( ) posted Tue, 31 January 2006 at 3:05 PM

Hmmmm, very nice scene Chohole, I think your shadows need to be much darker being as it's night time with no ambient light reflections coming from outside sources. In a glorious, cloudless moonlit night, I've seen as bright a night as this.

drawbridgep ( ) posted Tue, 31 January 2006 at 8:26 PM

file_322639.jpg

Nice picture. I really like the modelling and the pose. If it were me, I would get stronger shadows, reduce the glare on the step and then postwork it. I hope you don't mind, but I took the liberty.

---------
Phillip Drawbridge
Website 
Facebook

erosiaart ( ) posted Tue, 31 January 2006 at 9:29 PM

neat.. but yeah..it needs to have a bit of shadows..and reduce the glare.. esp on the walls...if that's marble steps..it shines bright.. but a dull bright. add a bit of blue. seen nites like this while staying at a palace hotel near a lake..it's magical

madmax_br5 ( ) posted Wed, 01 February 2006 at 1:30 AM

I've also got a moonlight lighting rig in my freestuff section that may be of some use. loos good so far!

tjohn ( ) posted Wed, 01 February 2006 at 4:06 AM

Moonlight tends to wash out colors closer to shades of grey. Great start!

This is not my "second childhood". I'm not finished with the first one yet.

Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana.

"I'd like to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather....not screaming in terror like the passengers on his bus." - Jack Handy

chohole ( ) posted Wed, 01 February 2006 at 4:37 AM

file_322640.jpg

Well I played around a bit more, and also played a bit with levels etc. Still not getting very dark shadows from the balcony rails, and it is done with real geometry, not trans maps to throw shadows out, and not much ambience on the marble. @ Madmax The download doesn't give me a file that I can open on my PC, which is a shame because I like your lighting setups.

Quest ( ) posted Wed, 01 February 2006 at 5:58 AM

Looks a 100% better but for that 110% you might have to postwork it if you cant get the balustrades to not glare. Just a thought, have you tried lowering and/or changing the Shadows/Ambient color in the Sky & Fog menu?

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.