Mon, Sep 9, 5:20 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 09 2:22 am)

Subject: Daz figures in P6

mickmca ( ) posted Sun, 05 February 2006 at 4:59 AM ยท edited Sat, 31 August 2024 at 11:51 PM

I haven't seen any discussion of this, but I suspect I'm not the only one with the problem, which only surfaced recently. I'd post examples, but I can't force the errors to occur yet; they seem to be random. 1. My Daz figures sometimes "render" with their textures overlaid with a "topology" pattern, a bit like the concentric patterns in oil on the garage floor. I haven't seen this with others, but it happened so often with SPetite when I added the Celtic Princess stuff that I finally moved the render process to Carrara (and may not look back). Now it's happening with a V2 figure called Sugar. This is NOT a huge mesh, so I'm not convinced it's a memory error. 2. I load V3 and then try to load one of the omnibus INJ selectors (like All Body). The computer hangs, as near as I can tell (I let it "load" for ten minutes once). Similar problems with the ABG morph packs for SPetite. 3. I load Sugar (an adolescent V2), pose her (including a bunch of face changes), render, then add a second figure. When the second figure appears, the kid's eyes pop out and a couple of her morphs jump to 1.0 (notably she has a "Wrinkle Nose" that suddenly turns her nose into a cat's). And if I delete the offending figure, nothing changes. If I delete her and reload her, the new instance is also ruined. It inherits the skewed morphs and not the desired ones. And if I swap out her for another V2 figure, the new figure inherits the wrecked morphs but not the ones I had turned on. In other words, Dierdre (V2 Celt from Canary3D) comes in without the replaced head's expression, but with her eyes popped out. I know, it sounds pretty funny. Not if it happens after you've spent an hour building a facial expression, though. Anybody seeing stuff like this? I've had similar but not so obvious problems with SP in the past, but never with Judy or Posette. Very troubling; some of these legacy figures are favorites I come back to regularly. M

KarenJ ( ) posted Sun, 05 February 2006 at 5:52 AM
  1. The thing with patterns... I had that drive me crazy once; it turned out I'd loaded two copies of V3 into the scene, one atop the other, and the skins were kind of interwoven. 2. Have you got the !DAZ folder with all the morphs under your MAIN Poser 6 installation folder? This used to happen frequently when I only had the !DAZ folder in my V3 runtime. 3. Not experienced anything like that myself, but I would turn off External Binary Morph Targets; they seem to be responsible for a lot of stuff like that.

"you are terrifying
and strange and beautiful
something not everyone knows how to love." - Warsan Shire

mickmca ( ) posted Sun, 05 February 2006 at 6:06 AM
  1. I don't think that's it, but I'll take a look. 2. Duh. My V3, M3, and SP stuff is ALL loaded elsewhere and linked in. Time for a huge file transfer.... 3. Good point; I thought I had done that, but I'll check. M

randym77 ( ) posted Sun, 05 February 2006 at 8:53 AM

#1 might be a render quality issue. Try increasing the shadow map size, decreasing the shading rate, or decreasing Max. Texture Size.

Some people don't have to copy !DAZ folder to the main runtime, but I had to. It was the same with P5. You can install the products in external runtimes, but the !DAZ folder has to be moved or copied to the main runtime. Basically, any product that installs a folder to Libraries, I move it to the main runtime. The RDNA microcosm, Capsces' morph packs, etc.

I suppose you could fix it with CRPro instead, but I find it easier to just move the folders.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.