Sun, Sep 15, 5:39 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: Advice/opinion on this tex please

chohole ( ) posted Wed, 08 February 2006 at 8:34 AM · edited Sun, 04 August 2024 at 3:11 AM

file_325352.jpg

Warblade has fallen in love with Harliekin from Daz. I have gone for the House of Mog Ruith. However I am retexturing it as wood. As you can see I have used a square celtic knot pattern for most of it so far. THe cut out section is also driven by a tex and alpha map. Do you think I should use a knotwork cutout, similar to the ones on the panels, rather than something like the one I have used? Thanks for your advice

The greatest part of wisdom is learning to develop  the ineffable genius of extracting the "neither here nor there" out of any situation...."

pakled ( ) posted Wed, 08 February 2006 at 8:59 AM

looks fine by me..go for it, or maybe make both, and use the other for the walls or somethin'..

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

Erlik ( ) posted Wed, 08 February 2006 at 9:48 AM

I, on the other hand, find the central cutout vaguely Art Deco in appearance. Not exactly Celtic. Although it would have been probably easier to create for a carpenter. But you will find it hard to reconcile the square knotwork with the crescent shapes of the cutout.

-- erlik

chohole ( ) posted Wed, 08 February 2006 at 10:32 AM

@ Erlik I know what you mean, tell me about it, thats why I went for the other style, but it doesn't look right to me. It is a celtic design I have used, but one more often used for patterns on shields. THe square knots were so much easier on the panels and things, its only the arhway bits and the windows where they cause probs. I will keep trying Thanks for the opinions.

The greatest part of wisdom is learning to develop  the ineffable genius of extracting the "neither here nor there" out of any situation...."

InfernalDarkness ( ) posted Fri, 10 February 2006 at 12:56 PM

I think it looks great!

danamo ( ) posted Sun, 12 February 2006 at 5:30 AM

Very lovely work Pam! Just out of curiousity; does the use of KnotPlot figure into your texturing method somewhere?

chohole ( ) posted Sun, 12 February 2006 at 7:05 AM

No Dan, I did once have a program called Knotwork, which gave me the basic idea (a very old prog), and I found some tuts on the web, and have some templates, which help. As you can see my knots are very basic, really, and I tend to use the squarer knots because they are easier.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.