Sat, Aug 3, 9:48 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Carrara

Welcome to the Carrara Forum

Forum Coordinators: Kalypso

Carrara F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 02 3:21 pm)

Visit the Carrara Gallery here.

Carrara Free Stuff here.

Visit the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Newbie to Carrara5Pro - Where do I start

Singular3D ( ) posted Mon, 13 February 2006 at 6:34 AM · edited Sun, 28 July 2024 at 5:52 AM

Hi to all, Finally I took the step and got a sidegrade license for Carrara5Pro. I have been a Poser user since version 4 and a Vue user since version 4, but it seems to me that Carrara covers my needs better than Vue. Now what is the fastest way to learn about all the features Carrara has? Some best practice examples. Any hints on tutorials, webpages and so on are appreciated. Thanks - Walter

ren_mem ( ) posted Mon, 13 February 2006 at 8:17 AM

Welcome aboard. There is a ton of stuff to cover. I would look thru the manual first. Go over what you know and what you don't. The assembly room, texture and render room is where you should spend most time based on what your background is(stay out of storyboard).The included presets are very helpful for learning, as well. There is alot of good stuff just there. There is also a very active yahoo lists(Carrara)and many other places.Eovia3d.net is also very good.A new consolidated site is in the works to replace the yahoo list of many yrs.

No need to think outside the box....
    Just make it invisible.

thomllama ( ) posted Mon, 13 February 2006 at 4:29 PM

3Dxtract.com is a great place for info also the new "Carrara handbook" is really good!! (amazon has it like $10 off)

Hexagon, Carrara, Sculptris, and recently Sketchup. 

Kixum ( ) posted Mon, 13 February 2006 at 8:10 PM

Make sure you check out the backroom here as well. Read up on the articles and the tutorials. While some of them are more than a new user can swallow, more exposure is better than less. -Kix

-Kix

bwtr ( ) posted Mon, 13 February 2006 at 9:14 PM

Apart from the Tutorial stuff in the Help, and 3dxtract which has been mentioned, a HUGE range of downloadable tutorials at the Eovia home site which should be your starting point probably.

bwtr

robertalove ( ) posted Tue, 14 February 2006 at 3:26 AM

There is a very good training CD's from Lynda.com. It's about 8 hours of good information and how to for Carrara 5.

Singular3D ( ) posted Tue, 14 February 2006 at 4:41 PM

Thanks for your help. Have enough things to go through now for the start. Hope I can render a decent image soon. best regards - Walter

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.