Mon, Sep 16, 12:02 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 14 4:17 pm)

Subject: Free Vue PencilSketch Renderer

dburdick ( ) posted Tue, 14 February 2006 at 3:53 PM · edited Tue, 10 September 2024 at 9:22 AM

Attached Link: http://www.skinvue.net/VuePencilSketch.zip

file_327108.jpg

I created a small VuePython script that will transform any rendered image you create into a pencil sketch. You can download the free script here:

http://www.skinvue.net/VuePencilSketch.zip

Just put the script anywhere in your VuePython scripts folder and run it from Vue. It works for PC and the Mac on all Vue Platforms.

Paula Sanders ( ) posted Tue, 14 February 2006 at 4:08 PM

Thank you so much for sharing all your creations.

ShawnDriscoll ( ) posted Tue, 14 February 2006 at 4:10 PM

Thank you! Can't wait to try it. (I've never tried Python scripts before.)

www.youtube.com/user/ShawnDriscollCG

CobraEye ( ) posted Tue, 14 February 2006 at 5:28 PM

file_327109.jpg

That is so cool. Thanks

Eisbaerchen ( ) posted Tue, 14 February 2006 at 6:28 PM

looks great....thank you very much for your work !

Irish ( ) posted Tue, 14 February 2006 at 8:09 PM

That really looks excellent! Thanks David!!! :)

redtrek ( ) posted Tue, 14 February 2006 at 8:47 PM

This may seem like a dumb question, but how do I access a python script in Vue5? I noticed there is a help htm page on opening the console with a menu cammand, but I cannot find a listing for the command in any menus. Does this exist in Vue5? Nor did I find a folder for python scripts in my Vue5 directory. thanks

ShawnDriscoll ( ) posted Tue, 14 February 2006 at 9:46 PM
dburdick ( ) posted Tue, 14 February 2006 at 11:58 PM

Redtrek, I just now learned that only Vue5 Infinite has Python capabilities -- what a bummer that the other versions don't have this. I thought the other verisons at least had the ability to run scripts if not create them. Sorry about that.

dburdick ( ) posted Wed, 15 February 2006 at 12:02 AM

Shonner, That is really cool!!! How did you get the shadow edges on the ground to show up like that?

dburdick ( ) posted Wed, 15 February 2006 at 12:56 AM

file_327111.jpg

I generalized the pencil sketch idea to include color as well as black and white and added a few more bells and whistles to the program like a a simple user interface. It runs slower because it's generalized but it has the ability to do almost every type of post processing function imaginable such as enhancing edges, greyscale, gaussian blurs, etc. I think i will put this in the public domain somewhere on Corncucopia and let other Python hacks add more filter functionality.

sittingblue ( ) posted Wed, 15 February 2006 at 5:23 AM

That's very cool. Thanks for sharing!

Charles

Flak ( ) posted Wed, 15 February 2006 at 6:42 AM

This looks a pretty impressive bit of work. Well done :)

Dreams are just nightmares on prozac...
Digital WasteLanD

CraigMunden ( ) posted Wed, 15 February 2006 at 7:18 AM

Splendid - thanks very much for this! I hope people do pick it up and run with it, I should think it has great potential.

Peggy_Walters ( ) posted Wed, 15 February 2006 at 7:39 AM

Cool - Thank you!!!

LVS - Where Learning is Fun!  
http://www.lvsonline.com/index.html

iloco ( ) posted Wed, 15 February 2006 at 10:13 AM · edited Wed, 15 February 2006 at 10:14 AM

I hope someone can tell me what I am doing srong and can not get the script to work.

I have put the script into C/Program Files/e-on software/Vue 5 Infinitie/Python/Scripts/PencilSketch/PencilSketch.py

I then load an object and go to Python and clcik on Run Python Script and then get the browse window to Choose the PencilSketch folder and then clcik onPencilSketch.py to run the script but nothing happens for me.

Curious what I am doing wrong. Using 5.09 latest build of Vue Infinitie. :( I can clcik on any of the default Vue phyton scripts and they will run. :)

Message edited on: 02/15/2006 10:14

ïÏøçö

niandji ( ) posted Wed, 15 February 2006 at 12:43 PM

Iloco, have you tried rendering in a new window after running the script? I tried it with the quick render option, but it didn't work - tried it in a new window and it worked OK. Also, it converts the render to the pencilsketch mode after the render has finished.

iloco ( ) posted Wed, 15 February 2006 at 12:50 PM

Thanks, That works for me. Might be good to add in readme file. :)

ïÏøçö

pacman323 ( ) posted Wed, 15 February 2006 at 4:11 PM

hello david i just came to download your sketch pencil and i look where i can find the color one?? and i follow your advise and know i just buy your skinvue 2 from cornucopia thx to help us to create a pretty 3d world thx Manu

dburdick ( ) posted Wed, 15 February 2006 at 5:01 PM

Attached Link: http://www.skinvue.net/VuePencilSketch.zip

Manu,

I just uploaded the new version of the pencil sketcher which contains the color version as well. You can download it here:

http://www.skinvue.net/VuePencilSketch.zip

ShawnDriscoll ( ) posted Thu, 16 February 2006 at 1:51 AM · edited Thu, 16 February 2006 at 1:52 AM

file_327112.jpg

dburdick wrote, "Shonner, That is really cool!!! How did you get the shadow edges on the ground to show up like that?"

I used the Copenhaguen Sunset and placed the chair on the ground. I used "Final" for my render setting.

This one was done with "Preview" render.

Message edited on: 02/16/2006 01:52

www.youtube.com/user/ShawnDriscollCG

pacman323 ( ) posted Thu, 16 February 2006 at 4:20 AM

me again i have download the last pencilsketch i try it and it's work with black & white but i want to choose the color way where i can choose this one ?? where i can indicate b&w or color for the sketch?? thx for help Manu

dburdick ( ) posted Thu, 16 February 2006 at 1:01 PM

file_327113.jpg

Run the file VueRenderFilters.py in the new PencilSketch download to create a color pencil sketch: You should see a menu like this pop up. Type in 3 to indicate you want to run a color pencil sketch.

dburdick ( ) posted Thu, 16 February 2006 at 1:08 PM

Shonner - Thanks. I was using a GI atmo which created sharper shadows. If use a standard atmo with soft shadows I can get the nice rough edges like you have shown - thanks again.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.