Tue, Oct 8, 6:25 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 07 10:52 pm)

Subject: Searching for a DEM

BillyGoat ( ) posted Thu, 16 February 2006 at 3:56 PM · edited Thu, 15 August 2024 at 4:28 AM

Been searching hours for Niagara Falls DEM - no luck so far. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks, BillyGoat

nruddock ( ) posted Thu, 16 February 2006 at 4:33 PM

You need the Buffalo-E & -W and Toronto-E and -W to get the falls (these are IIRC 1 deg blocks).

I couldn't see any of the 7.5min ones that covered that area.

sermel ( ) posted Thu, 16 February 2006 at 8:26 PM

You might ask in the Terragen Forum here, I think they use DEM's much more there

BillyGoat ( ) posted Fri, 17 February 2006 at 9:37 AM

I appreciate this! Guess i'll have to 'stitch' them together.

nruddock ( ) posted Fri, 17 February 2006 at 3:12 PM

When importing, just reset the offset on the first one, then leave it alone for the others and they'll come in correctly positioned WRT each other.

wheatpenny ( ) posted Sat, 18 February 2006 at 8:45 AM
Site Admin

Attached Link: http://data.geocomm.com/catalog/US/61061/3049/group4-3.html

Here's what you need. (You'll have to sign up for sa free account to download it).

Jeff

Renderosity Senior Moderator

Hablo español

Ich spreche Deutsch

Je parle français

Mi parolas Esperanton. Ĉu vi?

Lyne ( ) posted Sat, 25 February 2006 at 10:45 PM

Attached Link: http://www.gisuser.com/content/view/701/28/

There are FREE dems at a site I found! :) I have a long thread on this here, where I asked first about how to get vue to make a mountain out of a grayscale picture...then I found the free dem site! click on the map! :) Lyne

Life Requires Assembly and we all know how THAT goes!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.