Thu, Sep 19, 9:36 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: Poser to Bryce

Bedros ( ) posted Sat, 18 February 2006 at 1:28 PM · edited Sun, 18 August 2024 at 5:39 AM

Having difficulty importing rendered poser characters into Bryce, What is the secret?

pakled ( ) posted Sat, 18 February 2006 at 2:06 PM

mainly getting the @#$% textures to come over.
Go to Poser, pose it, dress it (dynamic things won't export well, so you may be limited to P4 and P5 stuff). Export character as an .obj
Go to Bryce, Import Figure, and then be prepared to be asked countless questions about 'I can't find left knuckle.jpg', etc..;)
Once everything's in, there's one more trick; there's a layer on the outer eyeball that comes in as opaque. Go to Glasses mat, pick the upper left-hand mat (the most transparent), and apply that.
Since they make both programs now, you might consider getting Daz Studio, which is supposed to do a better job, though I've yet to try it.
Another thing that might be interesting is to go in the other direction; create a Bryce pic, save as Image, then Import Background picture in Poser. Do that all the time..;)

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

dadt ( ) posted Sun, 19 February 2006 at 9:08 AM

1 Export figure as obj from Poser,dynamic clothes are ok but not dynamic hair. 2 Use Grouper, (in freestuff) to reduce the number of texture areas on the figure 3 Import to Bryce, textures will be on except transparency maps.

Aldaron ( ) posted Sun, 19 February 2006 at 12:20 PM

Can also load into DAZ Studio then export to Bryce, then the trans maps should be ok.

dadt ( ) posted Sun, 19 February 2006 at 12:38 PM

From DS the trans maps are ok but the specularity is set to 100% and the bump is set to 0% so you have to go through all body parts to set them. If Grouper is used then the number of parts can be greatly reduced as you can group parts with the same texture into one zone. this makes texture adjustments in Bryce much quicker.

naughtyhorse ( ) posted Thu, 23 February 2006 at 6:23 PM

I used DS a few times, and the whole poser 2 bryce texture nightmare was solved, but I found that on a couple of things I imported the various body parts had moved slightly relative to one another, like eyeballs cutting through eyelids. Dont know if anyone lese has had similar problems. I suspect it may have something to do with the different 'arbitrary' scales used by the two programs - poser units being vanishingly small and bryce having just 2 sig. figures after the point? I still use, as it's sooooo quick and easy it has to be worth a go. just something to keep in mind - you dont half feel a fool when you post something without looking to closely at the geometry (blushes guiltily)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.