Thu, Sep 19, 8:56 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: Bryce Forum Challenge -A Better Mouse Trap- Last WIP

tjohn ( ) posted Sun, 19 February 2006 at 1:41 PM Ā· edited Thu, 25 July 2024 at 10:52 PM

file_327645.jpg

So, finished the modelling of the trap itself; just a few more non-trap game pieces to model, some odd texturing and lighting, then I'll post the final Challenge entry.

Turn the crank clockwise, the red gear turns, turning the yellow gear, whose tab pushes the stop sign stand causing it to pivot, stretching the rubber band. As the tab moves past the stand, the rubber band snaps the sign forward, smacking the shoe hanging from the lamppost so that it kicks the bucket over. The metal marble rolls out of the bucket and zig-zags down the stairway, then down the rain gutter, hitting the bottom of the helping hand post, causing the green hand to nudge the thing-a-ma-jig (the official name for it) dislodging the second metal marble which rolls down through the hole into the bathtub and out through the hole in the bottom of the bathtub. The second metal marble then lands on the diving board, which catapults the diver into the washtub, shaking the cage post which causes the cage to drop slowly over the mouse.
I have to go have some therapy now. Later.
John

Message edited on: 02/19/2006 13:43

This is not my "second childhood". I'm not finished with the first one yet.

Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana.

"I'd like to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather....not screaming in terror like the passengers on his bus." - Jack Handy

marcfx ( ) posted Sun, 19 February 2006 at 1:51 PM

Let just hope you dont forget the dice!! LOL Absooooooolutely awesome modeling, well done and best of luck ;)

Smile, your dead a long time :)

draculaz ( ) posted Sun, 19 February 2006 at 2:01 PM

told ya you're gonna win this, well on your way :) drac

TheBryster ( ) posted Sun, 19 February 2006 at 2:02 PM
Forum Moderator

I think WIP stands for 'Winner in Principle!'

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader

All the Woes of a World by Jonathan Icknield aka The Bryster

And in my final hours - I would cling rather to the tattooed hand of kindness - than the unblemished hand of hate...

sackrat ( ) posted Sun, 19 February 2006 at 2:02 PM

Outstanding work. Dem Mousies is smart.

"Any club that would have me as a member is probably not worth joining" -Groucho Marx

drawbridgep ( ) posted Sun, 19 February 2006 at 2:05 PM

You totally need to animate this working. Or at the very least give us a few more renders to show off the different parts of the model.

---------
Phillip Drawbridge
WebsiteĀ 
Facebook

pauljs75 ( ) posted Sun, 19 February 2006 at 2:06 PM

Nice work. You should get the prize.

Barbequed Pixels?

Your friendly neighborhood Wings3D nut.
Also feel free to browse my freebies at ShareCG.
There might be something worth downloading.

marcfx ( ) posted Sun, 19 February 2006 at 2:13 PM

Thats it.........I'm scrubbing my entry! :( Can we have March's theme now please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FranOnTheEdge ( ) posted Sun, 19 February 2006 at 2:15 PM

file_327646.jpg

Oh I got dice!

Measure your mind's height
by the shade it casts.

Robert Browning (Paracelsus)

Fran's Freestuff

http://franontheedge.blogspot.com/

http://www.FranOnTheEdge.com

chohole ( ) posted Sun, 19 February 2006 at 2:27 PM

Umm, excuse me, how do you get the mouse to stay there under the cage?, or is that a stupid question. This is just totally brilliant!

The greatest part of wisdom is learning to developĀ  the ineffable genius of extracting the "neither here nor there" out of any situation...."

marcfx ( ) posted Sun, 19 February 2006 at 2:31 PM

You tempt it to the spot with cheese and let it wait until the games almost finished, then after the trap/cage comes down and catches it......we eat it.........cheese that is ;)

tjohn ( ) posted Sun, 19 February 2006 at 3:19 PM

Phil: No animation, not in Bryce. I'm 52, I wouldn't live that long. I was already planning on several angle shots in a Forum post, plus the wireframe. And a 1024 X 768 version for the galleries. Chohole: It helps if the mouse is made of plastic. :^) Thank you all for your kind comments! John

This is not my "second childhood". I'm not finished with the first one yet.

Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana.

"I'd like to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather....not screaming in terror like the passengers on his bus." - Jack Handy

pakled ( ) posted Sun, 19 February 2006 at 5:01 PM

Rube Goldberg would be proud..now that you've actually put everything together, I actually remember something much like this..;)

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

Ang25 ( ) posted Sun, 19 February 2006 at 6:55 PM

Wow! coming along excellently!

skiwillgee ( ) posted Sun, 19 February 2006 at 9:51 PM

52!!! (Got you beat.) You still got that game!!! you win

danamo ( ) posted Sun, 19 February 2006 at 11:56 PM

I used to play this game with my girl cousins when I was a kid. They usually won,lol. Excellent re-creation here, and an early betting favorite! ;-)

UVDan ( ) posted Mon, 20 February 2006 at 9:02 PM
Forum Moderator

Great game.

Free men do not ask permission to bear arms!!

Slakker ( ) posted Tue, 21 February 2006 at 1:46 PM

Wow...this brings back the good old childhood, eh? Great work!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.