Thu, Oct 10, 4:31 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser Technical

Welcome to the Poser Technical Forum

Forum Moderators: Staff

Poser Technical F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 06 11:55 pm)

Welcome to the Poser Technical Forum.

Where computer nerds can Pull out their slide rules and not get laughed at. Pocket protectors are not required. ;-)

This is the place you come to ask questions and share new ideas about using the internal file structure of Poser to push the program past it's normal limits.

New users are encouraged to read the FAQ sections here and on the Poser forum before asking questions.

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: HELP!!!!!! POser crash when Import or Export OBJ files...!!!

remc ( ) posted Mon, 26 March 2001 at 2:29 PM · edited Thu, 10 October 2024 at 4:27 AM

And i can't work any more! Please someone HELP ME!!!!! Can i do something else rather than reinstalling Poser? Or maybe i could cut my head off with a Nails Knife? I use Poser 4.0 with the upgrade to 0.3, Windows 2000, good graphic card, a cordless mouse, a coffee, some beers... PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!!! REMC

Jim Burton ( ) posted Mon, 26 March 2001 at 2:35 PM

Why not just reinstall Poser? In another directory (like c:Poser4) The second copy will not hurt the first, both should work.

JKeller ( ) posted Mon, 26 March 2001 at 6:12 PM

Possibly the .dll file that handles .obj export/import is corrupt. I don't think you have to a full uninstall/reinstall, but a straight reinstall right over what you have should fix it. Or an install to another directory like Jim suggested might be a good bet. If you do reinstall over your current install, just be sure to back up your runtime directory and any custom files you might have inside your Poser directory.

If none of that works, just make sure you save some of that coffee for the morning after you're done with the beers.

remc ( ) posted Tue, 27 March 2001 at 10:25 AM

Thanks a lot guys! All your advices will be very useful! (i'm an ass, if i had reinstall poser, i'll surely erase my Librairies/Characters!) Again thanks a lot... REMC

akin_ ( ) posted Fri, 13 April 2001 at 2:27 AM

Stop the beer ! ;] and swoop on wine ! HAHAHAHAH ! Oups by the way REMC, thanks a lot for all your wonderful characters.... Akin

bsteph2069 ( ) posted Thu, 19 April 2001 at 8:58 PM

I've had that problem a couple of times. Reinstalling poser as I recal may NOT work if you do it into the orginal directory. A second directory I think does work. for me the BIG secret though is to simply copy OVER the old POSER.RSR file ( Remember to make a backup of it just in case! ) The program should remake your RSR file when it boots with all of the correct information. I'm sure then it will work fine. At least that is what I do. By the way. If this happends a lot you may want to keep a copy of the original Poser.RSR file. that's what I do anyway. Bsteph

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.