Wed, Oct 2, 10:24 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 02 9:25 am)

Subject: Pose-Net: Hold off on the purchase for now

infinity10 ( ) posted Tue, 21 February 2006 at 9:07 PM · edited Mon, 23 September 2024 at 2:56 AM
Online Now!

I bought Pose-Net, a network rendering software from PoserProducts website, but it appears to be able to handle only zero'd poses for all scene items.

I didn't pay full price, though, because there was a special offer on it at the time of purchase.

Also, someone at PoserForums seems to be trying to help me out with it (since 17 feb 2006).

I'd advice anyone who is thinking about buying this product to hang on until I get my case sorted.

Message edited on: 02/21/2006 21:07

Eternal Hobbyist

operaguy ( ) posted Tue, 21 February 2006 at 9:52 PM

that sounds nuts. it would be useless. has the publisher responded to your inquiries?

Khai ( ) posted Tue, 21 February 2006 at 9:52 PM · edited Tue, 21 February 2006 at 9:53 PM

erm it's something that is being looked into. I myself use the software and I've got it running fine for all poses/figures.

can you give me more details and hopefully I can help you resolve the problem?

Message edited on: 02/21/2006 21:53

Message edited on: 02/21/2006 21:53

PoseWorks ( ) posted Wed, 22 February 2006 at 12:24 AM

This is likely due to a bug introduced in Poser 6 SR2. There's a post on the matter floating around the Poser Python forum somewhere. When I was building my own batch renderer, GlowWorm, I developed a work-around to the problem. Calling "poser.Scene().RevertDocument()" will correct the problem after opening a file through Python.

infinity10 ( ) posted Wed, 22 February 2006 at 2:39 AM · edited Wed, 22 February 2006 at 2:40 AM
Online Now!

(Well, I stepped out for a while and now just got back to my computer.) I hope it'll be solve-able, since I've already bought and installed the software.

operaguy - I posted for support assistance at PoserForums and someone seems to be working on it, but dunno if he / she is just a helpful soul or from the vendor.

Khai - Thanks for your kind thought. The networking bit works for sure, but like I mentioned, all the content in my scenes which have zero poses, get rendered in zero pose state. My posed James figure goes back to zeroed, my morphing planar sheet prop goes back to zero default. Hmmmm. Yup, definitely a problem situation.

PoseWorks - from what I'm reading in all replies here, sounds like there may be a possibility of a fix, but I do not know anything about Python programming, and don't know where to start.

Anyway, hopefully the folks who made and sell the product will also be able to get back to me with a fix.

So, like I said, for anyone thinking about buying the app right now, I'd say, just hang on a little while longer until this gets sorted.

Message edited on: 02/22/2006 02:40

Message edited on: 02/22/2006 02:40

Eternal Hobbyist

jonthecelt ( ) posted Wed, 22 February 2006 at 4:03 AM

What's the name of the person helping you, infinity10? jonthecelt

infinity10 ( ) posted Wed, 22 February 2006 at 4:06 AM
Online Now!

"Eternl Knight"

Eternal Hobbyist

jonthecelt ( ) posted Wed, 22 February 2006 at 5:03 AM

Not one of the sixus gang, to my knowledge... he hangs out at daz3d as well, if it's the one I'm thinking of... thought there, he's eternAl knight... jonthecelt (don't know why I was interested in this... call it my 'satiable curiosity...)

infinity10 ( ) posted Wed, 22 February 2006 at 5:05 AM
Online Now!

thanks, jonthecelt. oh well....

Eternal Hobbyist

Khai ( ) posted Wed, 22 February 2006 at 5:21 AM · edited Wed, 22 February 2006 at 5:23 AM

hmm well I am running SR2.. so thats not it..
hang on.. have you turned PMD's off? (tis a thought that just hit my coffee starved brain) try that.. tis a long shot..

Message edited on: 02/22/2006 05:23

operaguy ( ) posted Wed, 22 February 2006 at 5:44 AM

Are you speaking directly with sixus about this? They are normally extrememly responsive. Les Garner has spent time on the phone with me about this product. Speak to Les directly, is my suggestion. Here is the contact link: http://www.sixus1media.com/contact.html ::::: Opera :::::

infinity10 ( ) posted Wed, 22 February 2006 at 6:22 AM
Online Now!

Thanks, operaguy. I'll do that.

Eternal Hobbyist

sixus1 ( ) posted Thu, 23 February 2006 at 11:10 AM

Eternl Knight is the fellow who created the program and he is helping her with it already. I don't know what the problem is since it has been tested, bought and used by many others. It is the only product that we sell in our store that Les or I personally can't do tech support for since we don't program in Python. Hopefully the problem will be figured out quickly. --Rebekah--

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.