Thu, Sep 19, 9:32 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 9:32 am)

Subject: Poser 6 is cool and all

RealDeal ( ) posted Mon, 27 February 2006 at 3:50 AM · edited Thu, 11 July 2024 at 10:32 PM

I got my Poser 6 / Vue 5/ Mover 5 bundle in the mail friday, and Poser 6 is about as cool as I expected. However, My Poser 4 Pro no longer wants to start; I didn't have this problem with Poser 5 and P4, so didn't expect it here. Anyone else have this problem, and know a fix? I needs my P4 for basic posing!

vince3 ( ) posted Mon, 27 February 2006 at 4:37 AM

i'm not sure you would want to!!! i never had poser4 but i still kept my poser5 when i got poser6 but anything i made in poser5 wouldn't load into poser6 without a lot of hassle!!! in poser 5 when i saved a character it averaged at about 100Mb in poser 6 if i make the same character it saves at about 3Mb!!! i've stuck with poser6 since and eventually deleted my poser5!!! because everything in 6 in so much better!!!!! sorry not any help to your question!!!!!

Dead_Reckoning ( ) posted Mon, 27 February 2006 at 6:22 AM

I don't really know what the problem is. Did you attempt to load Poser 6 into the same location as PoserPro?? I had Poser 4 and along came Poser 5. Installed Poser 5 in it's own directory. I could use Poser 4 as and External Runtime of Poser 5. I installed Poser 6 in it's own directory. I can use both Poser 4 and Poser 5 as External Runtimes. Cheers DR

"That government is best which governs the least, because its people discipline themselves."
Thomas Jefferson

geep ( ) posted Mon, 27 February 2006 at 7:54 AM

file_329891.jpg

Remember ... "With Poser, all things are possible, and poseable!"

cheers,

dr geep ... :o]

edited 10/5/2019

geep ( ) posted Mon, 27 February 2006 at 7:57 AM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/messages.ez?ForumID=12356&Form.ShowMessage=2075638

file_329892.jpg

... or Poser 6 ... ;=] cheers, dr geep ;=]

Remember ... "With Poser, all things are possible, and poseable!"

cheers,

dr geep ... :o]

edited 10/5/2019

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Mon, 27 February 2006 at 8:41 AM

Pro Pack, P5, and P6 are peacefully co-existing on my system. Perhaps your P4 installation has become corrupted. Have you run a virus check lately?

vulcanccit ( ) posted Tue, 28 February 2006 at 12:37 AM

When you say it doesnt start, what are the symptoms? Do you get some errors? Does it start to load?

RealDeal ( ) posted Tue, 28 February 2006 at 1:17 AM

Oops, forgot to check my mail for a while. When I click Poser 4 to start, the background window for P4 pops up really briefly, then immediately closes. I've got Poser 4 and poser 6 installed to different drives; I had poser 5 installed on yet another drive, but deleted it as soon as i saw that P6 was going to work, and that the interface looked a little bit better than p5, since I have alway HATED the poser 5 interface; i'm not ecstatic with P6's interface, but it is worlds better than P5, and I didn't see any reason to keep them both alive, I just deleted everything but the runtime. The Poser 4 install was not corrupt the day before i installed P6, which was the last time I used it; I like the interface on P4 for doing poses and animation layout. I can access my P4 runtime with no problem from within P6, but I really don't want to lose my P4; if nothing else I need it for compatability testing for merchant and freebie releases. It's probably got something to do with the way I had P4 set up; my OS crashed a couple of years ago, and i restored Poser from a backup. I'll just have to wait until my next trip to my out-of-state storage unit and hope the rats haven't eaten my metacreations box so I can do a re-install. But I was REALLY hoping this was a common glitch.

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Tue, 28 February 2006 at 3:07 AM

I never uninstall any of my Posers because I like to test things for compatibility, troubleshoot problems for fellow users who haven't upgraded yet, and create version-specific MATs. So I have no way of knowing whether uninstalling one version might break another.

Idle speculation:

If P5 installs system files which P4 also requires, those files might have been removed when you uninstalled. But that wouldn't explain P6's continued operation, unless the latest version of Poser no longer requires them.

RealDeal ( ) posted Tue, 28 February 2006 at 7:35 AM

I actually considered that in advance, so I didn't uninstall, I just deleted everything but the runtime manually. But that would have been good, otherwise, LD. BTW. How come I haven't heard people enthusing about the simple version of the material room? it's like what we all wanted Poser 4.5 to have.

raven ( ) posted Sat, 04 March 2006 at 11:29 AM

Was your Poser 5 an upgrade from your Pro-Pack, and then your Poser 6 an upgrade from your Poser 5? Are you then running Poser 6 and then trying to start Pro-Pack? If you are, that's why you get the brief flash of a Pro-Pack screen. They would all be technically licensed to the one serial number, so it is seen by Poser as an attempt to run more than one copy at once and so it terminates the loading of the second program. Just another thought, anyway.

RealDeal ( ) posted Mon, 06 March 2006 at 12:27 AM

hmmm. No, everything was full license. I'm now down in Tennessee, preparing to tackle my storage unit; hopefully i'll be able to install P4P after P6

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.